tasty reduced fat cheese ?

sally31

Hi everyone,
I have recently just found this board and its going to be a great help to me.
As there is so much good info on the sw diet.
I have a really lovely fish pie recipe that i would like to adapt to make it as low syns as possible.
However the downfall is the cheese contents so i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good reduced fat cheese as i have tried a few and i really could tell the difference.
So has anyone found one that is reduced fat and is still good to eat.
Thanks sally

The best one I have tried is Rosemary Conley's, it really is just like a 'normal' strong cheese, very low in syns too.

Cathedral City Lighter gets my vote :)

Yep, I got some of that LoLo (or whatever it's called :confused:) and I can't tell the difference. Probably not as strong as I would like but texture wise it's fine. And I did cheese on toast with it and it melted fine :)

In one of the recent magazines it taste tested low fat cheeses and marks and spencers came out tops x

Sorry but the one thing (apart from wine!) that I won't compromise on is good strong cheese! If you get a really good strong cheddar then you only need half as much anyway! The low fat ones (to me) are far too dry, the texture is all wrong and they taste of plastic! They don't melt properly either! I'd rather have less of the real thing! But I don't have to cos 28g of real cheddar is an HEA.

Back