Tattoo Quotes??

kt_baybeh

Gym Addict!!!
Hi All

I'm thinking of getting a small tattoo on my hip!

I want a meaningful quote but can't find one that is quite right!!

I want something meaningful or inspirational. I dont mind what it's about (life, love or family is preferred)

Its got to be quite short though

Please post your ideas :)

x

I've spent ages doing this. I want a tribute to my brother running from teh nape of my neck down my spine so mine can be quite long though. I'm having it done in Latin too so just waiting for my cleverest friend to confirm the translation.

Have you looked at quotation sites?

It's hard to know what to suggest if your criteria is "anything" lol

Zoe

My hubby has 'against the odds' in chinese symbols down the inside of his forearm, and 'it hurts to be here' in lovely scroll writing (not very tall) across his back. both very symbolic to him as he has muscular dystrophy and was told he'd be dead before he was 18, he's now 33 :)

Okay - here's my narrowed down list of options. Mine was an "In Memorial" though so may not be what you're after:

Nil igitur est mors ad nos - Death, therefore, is nothing to us.
vive ut vivas - live so that you may live
finis vitae sed non amoris the end of life, but not of love
veritas unitas caritas Truth, Unity, Love
semper ad meliora always towards better things
semper liber always free
et lux in tenebris lucet And light will shine in darkness
flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo if I cannot move heaven I will raise hell
in somnis veritas In dreams there is truth
intaminatis fulget honoribus Untarnished, she shines with honor
luceat lux vestra Let your light shine
memento vivere remember to live
per aspera ad astra through hardships to the stars
quam bene vivas referre, non quam diu it is how well you live that matters, not how long
seculo seculorum forever and ever
sic itur ad astra thus you shall go to the stars
sunt lacrimae rerum there are tears for things
tuebor I will protect

I finally settled on either:

you and me always and forever (mihi tecum semper et semper)

but I don't like the translation so will probably get:
quos amor verus tenuit tenebit - dis manibus sacrum amoris
(Those whom true love has held it will go on holding - to the memory of love)

Hi

I would like something perhaps about family or life in general....just finding it hard to find something unique i guess??

so far i have 2:

' Life is not about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself'

and

'The brave may not live forever, but that cautious do not live at all'

I don't really want a quote about love!
x

I'm having "Best foot forward" written along the inside edge of my right foot.

Can't wait. But will wait until the summer so I can go without socks for a day or 2!!

I want 'everything happens for a reason' or 'que sera sera' possibly on my foot or possibly down my spine - they are quotes I've had to believe in for numerous reasons over the last few years :)

My brother has a tattoo on his right shoulder that looks like a celtic sign but is actually made up of the initials of his 3 daughters L, C and D). Coincidentally you can also see 2 intertwined A's - he and his OH both have names beginning with A. His OH designed it.

I have one on my lower back in this font:

http://tattoolettering.net/font_ima...=000000 &size=40&font=Hindu Writing Style.ttf Just one name - 6 letters - that's important to me and I know I will not regret having done. :D

Back