Taz's Black Belt diary

Taz

Spam Hunter
Well this time next year I should have my Black belt in karate so I thought it would be good to start a diary for it.

The grading will be both physically and mentally exhausting, it is 4.5 hours of hard work including a japanese test! So I have a lot of work to do and less than a year to do it.

One thing I know for sure is that I don't want to be this size then so I am hoping to lose another 2 stone by then (I will set up a ticker for it).

I will report on my progress with my training and weight loss here

Right well I have 2 gradings tomorrow, kickboxing in the morning and karate in the afternoon. I have bad knee's which isn't a good thing but I also have a bad neck and shoulder so it will be interesting tomorrow! If all goes well I should be getting my yellow belt in kickboxing (8th Kyu) and my brown/2 white stripe belt in karate (2nd Kyu).

I have got my ticker moving so that's good! I have all the right energy food and drink in stock for tomorrow so I am all set!

Hey Hun,

Good luck for your gradings tomorrow!!!! Look forward to seeing how you get on....

Well I've got no idea how today is going to go. I had a really uncomfortable night and my neck and shoulder are still painful. I got my kickboxing grading in an hour which should go ok as I am a low grade at the mo so not so much is expected of me. I have taken paracetamol and ibuprofen and I will put a heat patch on my shoulder. This mornings grading is only an hour and a half so it's not too bad. I will report back later

ohhh noooo..... make sure you tell them.... cos they will make allowances in the fitness part!! Just be careful, you dont injure yourself!!! :)

hugs Nas x

The KB grading went well and I got my yellow belt (8th Kyu) annd I am just chilling for a minute before I go back for the karate grading. It's just over 2 hours and we spar at the end when we are all knackered!

Nas, I did tell them and the only thing I was unable to do was squat thrusts and push ups! Some things were a little painful but overall it was ok

That's the karate done! I am now a 2nd Kyu, in March I should be 1st Kyu and I have today been given a date for my Black belt grading! It will be on 28th November 2009!

Good luck, how cool!!!

Thanks Nex. A bit of a blow to my training schedule, I have a head injury which has made my neck a lot worse too and I'm not allowed to train for 3 weeks so I will be a couch potato til the new year!

I seem to have neglected this thread for a while! Well I wasn't able to do any training for about 5 weeks so that was quite a blow to the plan but I am back now with a vengeance!

I am back up to my 5 hours martial arts training per week and I have now also joined the gym and intent to add regular gym and swim sessions to my schedule to improve my fitness and hopefully lose some more weight! I still have 4lb of the weight I put on over the christmas and new year period which I have to get rid of asap to get me back on track for losing the 2 stone!

Phew! And I thought my training regime was tiring! Sounds like you're very active...way to go! I only swim when I need to relax now, have to manage my gym time very carefully now...2 hours needed to fit in my marathon training and also strength and ab work...but I'm sure I'll do it and I'm sure you will too...keep it up...

Thanks Ellie, I do the 5 hours martial arts training over 3 days and plan to fit in at least one gym session and 2 swims per week. That is the plan!

hello u :)
im not doin SW no more im cal couting n exercising lots!!! i dint no u was on this 1 aswel so i cn drop u messages :)
im doin alooooooooooot better :D yay lol
hope to tlk soon xxx

Hi Rach good to see you are doing well. Looks like you got a sensible plan there, good luck with it x

hey taz!!!
my plan is now working found something that works for me yay!!! i lost 4lbs this week on 1400cal a day and i train really hard now !!! uno me and my dreams ov a britney body haha! i swam 2 miles and 12 lengths today i feel so amazing!!! haha! this time its deffo guna be done!!! and NO relapses haha! hope ur okai and back up to speed with everything :) xxx

Good to see you are doing so well Rach, keep it up. My new training program looks like this:

Sunday: Gym 1.25 hours Swim 1 hour
Monday: Karate 1 hour Kickboxing 1 hour
Tuesday: Gym 1.25 hours Swim 1 hour
Wednesday: Karate 1 hour
Thursday: Karate 1 hour Kickboxing 1 hour
Friday: Rest (gym & swim if I have time)
Saturday: Rest

Wow Taz, that's some fitness schedule, ACE!

Well the martial arts were what I already do every week so I have just added 2 gym/swim sessions. I still get 2 days off!

Back