TazS Diary (FODMAP based)

TazS

Hi all,

I first joined slimming world in 2010 and lost around 4 stone and managed to keep the changes for a while...

...fast forward to end of 2015 and through my bad choices I have ended up back at square one.

I used this forum all through my original weight loss and the support I received really helped, hoping for the same again to kickstart the journey part 2.

Since 2010 I have developed a intolerance to lactose and have shown signs of IBS. as a result, I will be looking to adapt the SW plan around low FODMAPS (http://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/)

I have downloaded the my fitness pal app and will update this thread with the food choices I make

Any support and advice will be truly appreciated.

Good Luck. I'm back at square one too. Just do what you did last time and you'll get there :)

Good luck Taz!

I will be dropping by to see how you get on with FoodMaps!

I done FODMAP for a while when first diagnosed with ibs last March. I found it easy to do but my ibs didn't improve.Not surprised as they wrongly diagnosed me and then in Aug was told I had to have my gallbladder out. So in Dec had it out and now have been able to eat the foods that set off my 'ibs'.

I didn't find it too restrictive and actually enjoyed the challenge. I found by writing a list that I can have and sticking it on the kitchen cupboard worked for me.:)

Good luck.

Thanks for the messages :)

04th January 2015

Breakfastt:

Porridge Oats - 30g
Rice Milk - 150ml
Blueberries - Roughly 20

Morning Tea Break:

1 Banana
Cup of Green Tea with 1 sweetner

Lunch

Vegetable Grills (2) - Yeah i didnt prepare a lunch ahead of work today :(