Tea ideas! Share your favourites & tips

Binkyblush

I find that when I'm done with my 3 for the day that tea often helps if I'm feeling hungry! That or loads of fizzy water :p

Just wondering what teas you have found? I find normal tea way too strong without milk! And of course you can't have fruit or flower teas. I thought I might put a list here for people, if you are interested in something new to try! Or to reccommend any I have forgotten

So far I have had:

- Normal Black Tea (As I said, I find this very strong! Not a fan)

- Pu-Erh Tea (Lots of Caffeine, great for energy! Earthy taste. Don't drink too much late in the evening or you will be too hyper to sleep:D)

- Matcha Tea (Very expensive BUT has the same effect as drinking 14 cups of green tea in terms of anti-oxidants! Also gives a great energy boost - I drink 1 cup every morning.:D)

- Oolong Tea (I don't enjoy this one as much! Won't buy again after the box runs out. Earthy taste also.)

- Green Tea (Light & Nice in the evenings)

- Peppermint Tea (This one isn't full of caffeine so it won't keep you up all night if you drink loads! Have heard of people mixing this with the Chocolate Shake for a mint-choc shake, haven't tried myself though!)

So that's it! :)

I love peppermint tea and i like earl grey! With a sweetner in!!

Have you tried peppermint cold over ice????

Asda do a green tea earl grey that i keep meaning to try!!!

Tick Tock do an organic Rooibos green tea and as it's Rooibos it's decaf. Lovely mild and none of the harsh after taste that i have found in normal green tea :)

im a fan of tea but with milk, never really got on the teas you guys are on about.
is it good to get the flavour?
sorry im thinking of starting but love taste and food in general so im a bit scared if im honest.

Hello and welcome, Danm!

I'm absolutely with you, being someone who loves the taste of food... I never thought I'd be able to drink tea or coffee without milk (I usually have loads) but it's amazing how quick you can get used to the change. I spent the first 3 or 4 weeks trying all sorts of teas, made my own out of fresh mint leaves, and so on, but now at 6 weeks, I hardly ever bother and I don't really feel like I'm missing out that much!

I do think it helps to try and stay away from other people's cooking smells, though... :-D

If you feel like this is something you want to do, my best advice would be to try and tell family or whoever you live with and get them on your side. I find it SO helpful to have that understanding from those around me - not to mention the constant support they offer.

Good luck, Mx

Hello and welcome, Danm!

I'm absolutely with you, being someone who loves the taste of food... I never thought I'd be able to drink tea or coffee without milk (I usually have loads) but it's amazing how quick you can get used to the change. I spent the first 3 or 4 weeks trying all sorts of teas, made my own out of fresh mint leaves, and so on, but now at 6 weeks, I hardly ever bother and I don't really feel like I'm missing out that much!

I do think it helps to try and stay away from other people's cooking smells, though... :-D

If you feel like this is something you want to do, my best advice would be to try and tell family or whoever you live with and get them on your side. I find it SO helpful to have that understanding from those around me - not to mention the constant support they offer.

Good luck, Mx

I agree entirely i asked my OH to say no to me if he needed to.... and its only happened a couple of times but his 'babe your doing so well, stick at it!!!' is enough to stop me in my tracks!!!

I think that's probably why I try all these different teas! Just new flavours you know? I love fruit teas like raspberry etc.. i would mind having lots of those, but oh well!

Peppermint often hits the spot!

Plus tea is supposed to help you lose weight anyway if you drink enough of it! I figure if im doing LT and drinking all these really great teas it'll boost my loss! :)

I love fennel tea...it's kinda liquoricy in flavour and is a natural appetite supressor

x S

Do Deezer! Just about to make a mug now as I'm cold brrrrrr. The one I have is by Heath & Heather, got it in Holland & Barrett. Just reading the box there and it also says it helps digestion so could be why I've not had to get any Fibreclear yet if ya get my drift!
Must try your peppermint ice tea idea someday :7834:

x S

Anyone know if sweet fennel is okay? Thats the only one i could find in the supermarkets!

i don't know! prob not..!

Plus tea is supposed to help you lose weight anyway if you drink enough of it! I figure if im doing LT and drinking all these really great teas it'll boost my loss! :)

Not too sure whether tea will help much with extra weight loss while we're already on tfr. I've found suggestions that Green Tea specifically might increase your metabolism by about 4%, so that may be relevant. Weight loss effects from other teas seem to be more about inhibiting the amount of fat absorbtion from food or the conversion of glucose to fat, so neither is relevant at the mo, but might be when we go back to real food...

I bought some raspberry leaf tea from Whittards today. It's just leafs so fine to drink. Very slight taste of raspberry and quite drinkable. Something different...

Ooh i l;ike the sound of that! what's the brand? we dont have that shop in ireland

it's just Whittards own make. They have it on their website but not sure if they deliver to Ireland? Probably i would think x

Thanks for that one, Lesley - I saw a raspberry tea in Holland & Barratt the other week, but it turned out to have raspberry extract in it too :-(

I went looking for peppermint tea today but they didnt have any at the shop i went. Do i need to find a specific one or can i just get asda one ??

Back