Tea Time

GemGemz87

This is my 2nd day on my diet.
For tea I was thinking a small bowl of carrot & coriander soup, and 2 crackers with thinly sliced cheese & a banana or an apple. Does this sound okay or is any of it a no no?

That sounds great, try to get into the habit of making it fresh and it'll keep for a day or two. You've inspired me to start doing that again. :D You'll be bouncing come summer!

By the way what is tea? Is it your dins? If so, it's not enough. If tea is summat to keep the hunger pangs away between lunch and a late dinner, it's perfect. Eat lots and lots of good stuff, you'll do great! Good luck! :D

Tea is dinner, I think.

That sounds good Gem :)

peachy7 said:
carrot and coriander soup will keep at least 5 days if its homemade

Gosh when I make home made anything....only lasts a day... Cos everyone loves it... Especially my thick vegetable soup x

Faustina said:
Well don't just talk about it, post us that recipe pretty please!!! :p

Lol.... That made me smile :)
Ok......
Right 1 tin of tomatoes
1 lb mushrooms... Or whatever you have
3 onions
1 pepper... Any colour
6 or 7 carrots
Half cabbage.... Any
Anything else you think needs using up... Swede, parsnip,cauliflower anything...
Put into large pan ( I use a pressure cooker, quicker ) add about half to three quarters of a pint of water ... ( basically so about a third is covered... Pinch of chili powder... Salt and pepper and cook til reasonably soft...
Right now for the best bit....
Blend ... The mushrooms act as a thickener and you end up with a yummy thickish broth... If it's too thick for your taste add more water ...
Everytime I make it tastes slightly different depending on what I throw in...
It's a great way to use up old veg... And tastes lovely... I'm not a thin soup fan... So this is great for me... And the more I eat the more I "go" if you know what I mean.
The only key ingredients for me are the mushrooms and a pepper... As for the rest... Experiment... Great way to get kids who are not veggie fans to eat some too.. At first years ago mine were shocked when I told them what was in it... But they always come back for more ...
Happy Blending....! X

Thank you! I'm going to try that next week, I would never have imagined a pepper and mushrooms are essential. It'll be nice to eat soup without stock, much better for the old salt levels. Looking forward to it, ta very muchly! :D

Faustina said:
Thank you! I'm going to try that next week, I would never have imagined a pepper and mushrooms are essential. It'll be nice to eat soup without stock, much better for the old salt levels. Looking forward to it, ta very muchly! :D

No worries... Exactly no stock just good old fashioned veg....:) ... Discovered the mushroom thing by accident threw them in once and hey presto we loved it.... X

ooh that recipe sounds delicious!

if i could cook without burning myself (burn my hands, legs alot in the kitchen :p) id so do that....... might bribe mother into cooking a soup ;)

gina_b said:
ooh that recipe sounds delicious!

if i could cook without burning myself (burn my hands, legs alot in the kitchen :p) id so do that....... might bribe mother into cooking a soup ;)

Lol.....the only bribe I do is..... " shall we eat out " ? But not of late... Gosh I could murder a curry!!!! X

Have you tried it yet. ? X

Not yet chef! Tonsillitis this week, which is always great craic. Maybe next week when I can face food again, the thought of owt stronger than bread and butter makes me nauseous. I'd better lose a few pounds this week for my troubles... :p

Faustina said:
Not yet chef! Tonsillitis this week, which is always great craic. Maybe next week when I can face food again, the thought of owt stronger than bread and butter makes me nauseous. I'd better lose a few pounds this week for my troubles... :p

You will for sure .. My guess is 4 lbs down. X

Back