Tea

Erised

What is the problem with a tiny splash of milk in one cuppa a day?? Is it just the calories??

Thanks

B x

No it's the carb content really. I have a large insulated cup of coffee every morning driving to work and a couple of cups of tea on sat & sun all with a bit of milk and it doesn't seem to have done me any harm!

I can't face the first cup of tea black either but luckily drink it quite strong anyway. Seems ok so far x

Four weeks in and I'm still having two cups of tea a day with milk in - first and last thing. 18lb down so I don't think it's doing me too much harm :)

I still have tea too with bit of milk and hasn't effected my weight loss x

It's personal choice really, I know that there are carbs in milk... Everyone has a different limit to the carbs that will effect their ketosis, some are more sensitive than others so whilst others can have milk and not have a problem others could be knocked out my even a teaspoon!

If your having some and you don't think it's effecting your ketosis or your weight loss and it helps you through the diet then crack on =)

I have had 2 or 3 cups a day with skimmed milk and have lost 20 lbs in 4 wks or so

Great!! Thanks guys :) I will resort if I'm desperate, quite like the idea of a bar with a cuppa for my tea- I don't have much milk anyway as I have tea strong :) xxx

I like my tea milky - have got some almond milk which has 0.1% carbs per 100ml (although I've read it can still keep people from ketosis despite being virtually carbless?!). Hope that'll be alright...

It's something you've got to try and see how it works for yourself individually. I have the occasional splash of milk in my coffee, only when I feel so fed up that I just need the crutch of knowing it's not just plain coffee. But for me personally it's a slippery slope. I'm a bit of an all-or-nothing person and once I start making allowances I end up extending them more and more. And then it gets so hard to cut back again.
But if you've managed to stick with a cuppa or two with milk in every day without going overboard then perhaps it's just what you need to keep going.

I have a cup First thing in the morning that means I don't need my shake until 11 am then I have a bar for about 2 pm for lunch with a huge cuppa that lasts me till 6 pm when I have a small cup while hubby eats his meal, that means I have my last shake at 7 pm ish
I only have skimmed milk and not too much
It helps to keep me on the plan and seems to work ok for me but as everyone else says it depends on the individual so try it and see
I have still got 15 lbs to target

Back