Team Skinny Valentines Exercise Challenge

Flabuless Mama

Postpartum Mama trying to conceive
So the girls from Team Skinny who are trying to reach their ultimate weight loss goal by Valentines Day Weekend need an exercise challenge to help motivate them as we all seem to be wanting Christmas holiday to extend more and more into January...and so here it is.

(To keep the most recent participants, targets and updates, copy the most recent list to the end of your post and update your target/exercise done)

Please note that RawrGirl's minutes are based on 5 weeks, not six, as she has to weigh in a week early since she has a Valentines Day ballroom and dancing event to attend on February 9th.

For anyone who is nearing their ultimate goal weight and wants to join Team Skinny, our weight loss thread is here.

Good luck to everyone!

RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 0 min cardio done, 0 min weights done

Thanks RawrGirl - the challenge worked really well for me last time so heres hoping it will do again. The six weeks covers the kid's half term (back tomorrow) so a good chunk of time for me to focus on.

I am intending to do 20 min cardio and 10 min toning 5 days a week but won't split it prescriptively here - anything is good!

Made a start today already :)

RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 0 min cardio done, 0 min weights done
Nettee: 15 hrs - 30 min done

Hi Nettee, glad to to see you here!

RawrGirl has to split it, or she will fone her way out of cardio, lol.

Well, RawrGirl FINALLY exercised today. Basically did her version of the Shred, as when she tried her other Jillian Cardio DVD it was much too slow with lot of low-intensity mixed in. But, the high-intensity stuff (like 180 jumps) gave her new ideas to mix up her cardio portion so she doesn't have to be sick of skaters and jumping jacks all the time.

RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 6 min cardio done, 25 min weights done

So RawrGirl has added 180 jumps to her routine. Actually she is trying to make them 360 jumps as she will have to learn how to do that for figure skating eventually. Right now, she can jump about 3/4ths the way around. She has no idea how some people do double and triple axles. :eek:

Anyway..another modified Shred workout down.

RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 12 min cardio done, 50 min weights done

RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 12 min cardio done, 50 min weights done

Nettee: 15 hrs - 1 hr done

Did my Abs routine this evening - not done it for ages - easier than the shred really but the crunches do go on for longer so am pleased to have completed it. Will go round my four beginner routines a couple more times and then maybe give the harder ones a go again. Really ought to get out walking next but it is getting late......

Edit: walk done :)

Last edited:
RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 18 min cardio done, 75 min weights done
Nettee: 15 hrs - 1hr 30 min done

Hey you docked me half an hour :cry:

I am Ticking along nicely on track so far this week. Starting work tomorrow so might be harder to fit it in. I am only going to do one day a week at work though, so will still manage 5 half hour slots a week.

Good on you too - looking like a tiny team but a successful one.

RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 18 min cardio done, 75 min weights done
Nettee: 15 hrs - 1hr 30 min done

Hey you docked me half an hour :cry:

I am Ticking along nicely on track so far this week. Starting work tomorrow so might be harder to fit it in. I am only going to do one day a week at work though, so will still manage 5 half hour slots a week.

Good on you too - looking like a tiny team but a successful one.

RawrGirl is so sorry! She was even going to mention something like "make sure I grabbed the lastest one," because she scrolled really fast as she was quite hungry (she likes to workout before she eats breakfast, spent way more time on Minimins than planned, and ended up not working out/eating till after Noon! She was quite shaky at the point and mad at herself for putting it off, as she's NEVER shaky). But anyway...many apologies and from now on she will spend more care looking for the latest log!

well done - what do you do in your cardio 2 minute bursts?

oh is it like the shred??? of course you have modified it. Jillian thinks you need it to burn some calories :)

RawrGirl's been doing 30 seconds of skaters, then 30 seconds of jumping jacks, then 30 seconds of butt kicks, then 30 seconds of one of them again or sometimes 180 jumps. She just hates cardio so much, which is why she's been able to stick to this 6 minutes for so long...but now she's even starting to hate that. Lifting weights isn't so bad...RawrGirl's never hated that...but cardio...blek!

Arms done today and a 10 minute walk

When I was shredding I had to keep telling myself - it is only 30 seconds - maybe you need a change of activity - plank jacks? Mountain climbers?

My regime is a bit pedestrian in comparison but better than not doing it. My push ups have benefitted loads from the shred - I did 2 on my toes today and did 8 faster ones in time with the DVD which I couldn't do before.

RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 24 min cardio done, 100 min weights done

Nettee: 15 hrs - 1hr 50 min done

What RawrGirl needs is a treadmill. She LOVES doing 30 second 10 mph sprints (like on biggest loser) as they make her feel very powerful. The only problem is, that's a pretty expensive piece of equipment to buy if only using for a few minutes a day. However, there is a an off-ice training video she's been wanting to buy that is hard core aerobic and completely geared to becoming a better skater. So she will probably just get that (hopefully soon) and incorporate that in and phase the Shred cardio out.

Here's the link if you want to check out a 30 second demo video: Balance Training for Figure Skaters -- A Preview - YouTube

did my glutes and an extra 5 mins of cardio today to catch up a bit from yesterday

Last edited:

RawrGirl: 120 min cardio, 750 min weights -- 24 min cardio done, 100 min weights done

Nettee: 15 hrs - 2hr 25 min done

Nettee: 15 hrs - 2hr 40 min done

A bit ahead of schedule now :)

Good job, Nettee. Tweaked Girl is back from holiday, perhaps she will join us!

I will most definitely join you!

I'm not sure what my goal weight for Feb 14th is, but a good exercise goal will help to shift as many pounds as possible.

I'm going to aim for 2 minutes of kettle bell reps, so 30 seconds two arm swing, 30 seconds one arm alternating swing, 30 seconds squat and lift, and 30 seconds lunge and lift per day.
Also want to go for 15 minutes minimum of walking per day, so at the very least taking the dogs out around the street.
Finally minimum 15 minutes on DanceStar on the PS3. Doesn't burn major calories, but it gets me up and shaking that booty!

So:

TweekedGirl: 60 min Kettlebell, 450 min walking, 450 min DanceStar --
0 min Kettlebell done, 0 min walking done, 0 min DanceStar done

Off to a good start for day one :)

TweekedGirl: 60 min Kettlebell, 450 min walking, 450 min DanceStar --
2 min Kettlebell done, 20 min walking done, 15 min DanceStar done

Back