Tears

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
Despite feeling very proud that me & my bf went to our friends for dinner & I had a tetra whilst they had curry & dessert the night still ended in tears. My friend put a photo on FB & a friend of his, who I don't know, replied with a horrible comment about my weight.

The weird thing is that because it's now day 13 I'm feeling strong & in control & not slim but that empty stomach feeling which makes me feel lighter (whereas at size 14 & binge eating I'd have felt worse). So I feel at my best for a long time but still fair game for a comment like that. It's confusing.

Sorry for moaning, I'm not going to cheat I'm just upset. Why are people so bloody mean!

well, I hope your friend had words with his fb friend about their attitude!

there's a quote - something like "noone can make you feel bad without your permission".. I didn't used to believe this.. but now I'm starting to see that it's true.. if we learn to beieve in ourselves, then other people's options are just other people's opinions, and they can think and say what they like - it doesn't need to effect us if someone else has stupid thoughts and ideas :)

chin up love..

aren't you glad you're not a rude idiot like that that fb person xx

that person is just an arse, give them no more thought.

The world is full of diversity, skin colour, culture, height, eye colour to name but a few, and mixed in with that is the diversity that is the shape of 'woman', so many shapes and sizes all just adds to the wonder of the world in my opinion! We are what we are, we can choose to make changes but it's no one elses business.

No one has the right to judge anyone on any of the above, or anything else for that matter! (well with the exception of crime lol)

Stand tall and proud, you have made a choice to improve your health and I'm sure you will continue to lose weight and do well.

I can't quite find the words I want to say this, so if it doesn't come out right please forgive me. I'm trying to say that it doesn't matter if we are 20 stones, or 7 stones or any other weight etc, we are who we are, and that is important! We are not suddenly worth more to society by becoming a smaller dress size, so therefore at our existing sizes we are worth just as much as any smaller person. Its what we choose to contribute to our family, friends, work, even strangers - that is what gives us our worth, and that won't change just because our size does. Ok I've garbled, but I hope it makes sense.

anyway, forget about the numpty who doesn't have a clue!

I agree, I'd ignore the rude comment. What does it matter what some stranger thinks. it's how you feel that counts, and you should feel very proud!
However, I would get tempted to post a pic of myself on his fb page when I got to target with the comment "up yours!!".
You're doing something that many many people couldn't do, including him, so son't waste your energy feeling angry. I often pity people with so little empathy, they definitely miss out by being so shallow. So forget him use your energy for fat burning... that's far far more important :)

Thanks guys, the worst thing is from what I know he fits in to two minority groups & so should be the most aware of how comments of such a prejudice & flippant nature do have an impact.

I told my friend & he removed the photo & apologised & said he'd tell him what he thought. Which made me feel better. On the positive side, normally I'd have dealt with this by eating. But as I can't then I've done a lot of vigorous housework! Maybe I can each myself to replace bad food urges with that in future.

Thanks again for your support.

AA

Back