tefal acti fry

sam1967

Really need to do this!
Hi all

new member here - but confirmed tefal acti fry lover!

Wondering if anyone has some advice for a new SW follower who loves red days but also loves potatoes etc done in the acti fry??

would really appreciate some advice :confused:

thanks

steph x

Sorry, advice on what? On red you can still have potato as a HEB just as long as the skin is left on.

sam1967 said:
Hi all

new member here - but confirmed tefal acti fry lover!

Wondering if anyone has some advice for a new SW follower who loves red days but also loves potatoes etc done in the acti fry??

would really appreciate some advice :confused:

thanks

steph x

Best advice would be to try extra easy then you get the best of both :)

Thanks welsh tigger - am getting my head around EE and have just had dlicious roast pork and even more delicious tefal 'chips'.
cheers
steph

sam1967 said:
Thanks welsh tigger - am getting my head around EE and have just had dlicious roast pork and even more delicious tefal 'chips'.
cheers
steph

Brilliant! I do ee so just give me a shout if you want to ask anything :)

thanks for that - I'm sure I will

steph:)

I believe you can use Frylight instead of oil therefore making them syn-free (but don't quote me on this!) - has anyone tried?

I have just ordered an Actifry as I can't master SW chips in the oven no matter what I try! I can cook them for the best part of an hour and they still aren't golden and as we are on bottled gas here, it proves a very expensive way of making chips!

We use fry light as advised by a lady on here and they are perfect :)
Dry chips off and spray all over, cook for 20 mins then re spray with fry light and cook for another 20 mins. They are soooo yummy!! One thing I will say though is that cheaper potatoes dont taste as good, i usually but the value ones but they just dont seem as nice. Got albery bartlett roosyers this week as tesco had them for a pound a bag :))

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I believe you can use Frylight instead of oil therefore making them syn-free (but don't quote me on this!) - has anyone tried?

I have just ordered an Actifry as I can't master SW chips in the oven no matter what I try! I can cook them for the best part of an hour and they still aren't golden and as we are on bottled gas here, it proves a very expensive way of making chips!

Did you know that extra virgin olive oil is (if you are EE not sure about red and green ) a Hexb for 1 tablespoon.

So makes a difference in Actifry.
My advice forget all other potatoes than Maris Piper they are drier and turn out reall crisy and fluffy.

Oh and always rinse chips several times and dry with a teatowel before cooking.

Try spices add to the oil, cajun is good andd don't put in loose it gets trapped in fan.

Happy eating, try roasties too. Just cubed rinsed and dried and oil or even goose fat for a few syns. scrummy.

The chicekn tikka masala is lush just use only the hexb or frylight.

Jo* , I seem to be the only person in the world that doesn't like olive oil..... I despise the stuff :jelous: and whole olives too :jelous:

I will probably opt for sunflower or groundnut oil if I use any at all, but will likely try Frylite and sprinkles so I can use my syns elsewhere :)

open the window or door near were you use it.. on the ready to chuck the actifry outside!

on 3rd actifry now .. bang and it was gone!

updated to family size one when last one blew up

only cook potato stuff in mine as find everything else either breaks up or floats in fat or dried out on the paddle

the we all cook book ..that comes with the family actifry has lots of recipes in it .. not tried any as prefer pans to save on calling out fire service

if you add 1/2 syn sausages and cook with the chips you don't need frylight/or to hex the oil and they are fab!!!!Must use maris piper though other potatoes just aren't the same in it.

I did do the frylight just not as good but the olive oil ex virgin is very light in taste and syn free. Only eating chips once a week.
My actifry is one of the new models that dont have the fan overheating issues of the older models. I use mine for as many recipes as I can to save washing up. Easy cooking and less oils needed. Paprika chips and jerk seasoned chips are scrummy.

Just went looking and mine is also the mark 2 model, with the grill thing at the back... Thank god because I was stressing that it might spontainiously combust on me!
I love my actifry! How do you all clean and de- grease the inside? Ive been using kitchen cleaner and a good bit of elbow grease but wonder if theres an easier way? Probs was something in the instructions but I didnt have time to read them as I wanted chips lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back