Tefal Actifry

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by sweetthing, 30 October 2010 Social URL.

1. sweetthing

sweetthing Member

Does anyone own a Tefal Actifry. If so can you kindly tell me how many syns are in the chips it cooks or will they be syn free if you use the oil as a healthy extra B.:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yes, mine is making me some chips as I type :D

The chips are free on EE and green as long as you HEX the oil. I use frylight tho and they're just as nice :D

4. sweetthing

sweetthing Member

Thank you very much. Have got mine coming next week can't wait to have some 'free' chips.:):):):):):):)

5. sharonm34

sharonm34 Member

Hi, Im very new to this and was reasding your posts and wondered what HEX meant???

6. bubbalicious

bubbalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    HEX is shorthand for "Healthy Extra". it saves you typing it out all the time when you post :)

7. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I'm sure the HEX B MUST be extra virgin olive oil - anything other oil has a syn value? - someone will no doubt put me right if I've misunderstood that.

A couple of blasts of fry light is free of course;)

Steve

8. imso

imso Full Member

Yes, it has to be extra virgin olive oil to count as a HEB. Chips made with frylight are a bit dryer but still very nice, if i have a free HEB i tend to use the oil though as they're a bit more crispy and like proper chips

9. chelly42

chelly42 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have had mine since last xmas and have to agree that they are far nicer with oil which i use my syns for 3 syns per half a pan, hubby has other half.

10. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Agreed, extra virgin olive oil was well worth a HEXB :D

11. pee

pee Member

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(6.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you all think these are worth the money then? I keep umming and arring?

12. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Controversially, as I own one, I DON'T think they are worth the money just for the sake of chips. Yes, I know they are purported to do other things, but not sure how they do this without breaking or damaging delicate foods.

To me, it is worth it - simply because SW chips in the oven do not compare to Actifry chips with extra virgin olive oil (HEXB) - but it also does potatoes (roasted). Meat has to be fried in small pieces - ie. a chicken breast cannot be whole, but rather sliced into strips etc.

I am still trying to find other things to try and despite the hype am struggling lol.

A very good, but very expensive albeit healthy chip maker, with untapped potential;)

13. sweetthing

sweetthing Member

I have just unpacked mine and it is sat on the table top like a spaceship. I decided to check some reviews (should have done it before I bought it) but I was so desperate for some chips that I went out and bought one.

All I see now in the reviews is the thing can catch on fire, black smoke coming out, paddle breaking easily, plastic lid cracking, hinges breaking. Poor customer service from Tefal.

I only hope mine is ok, has anyone else had any problems with it, I can see me burning the darned house down.

Don't know whether to take it back or not.

14. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    If you bought it from Argos they are doing 3 years replacement warranty for £25 well worth it, but think they have rectified the earlier problems with the Actifry. Dont take it back , if you like chips , you will love it.
    I did mini fresh corn on the cobs today in it, sprayed with frylite buttery and a little sprinke of aromat, they were really delish, yes I know I could have steamed them or something but was experimenting.

15. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Those reports were from Watchdog in 2008 I think. The Actifry has had the fans improved etc. Don't seem many reports of fires/blow ups of late so the distractors now have a go at the price;) I've even read how "fast frying" in deep fat/oil is healthier - the mind boggles. As already mentioned Argos do the 3 year unconditional guarantee for £24.99 (i took it out just in case) - oh and even if yours blows up after the 12 months, there is such a thing as sale of goods and being fit for purpose should the worst happen and you fancy a battle lol.

Steve

16. sweetthing

sweetthing Member

Thank you all:eek::):):):):), I feel much better knowing they have improved the model.

I bought mine from the Ideal World shopping channel, it is the black and silver limited edition model, it came with a free 3 tier Tefal Steamer, and large coloured recipe book.

The frier is guaranteed with Tefal so I emailed them and asked if they did a extra warranty, but they don't, so I have only the 12 month guarantee.

If it doesn't blow up until I get my weight off then I shall be a happy bunny indeed.

17. MichelleB

MichelleB Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hubby bought me one today - I am so looking forward to having some yummy chips! :)

Michelle

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all, just started a new thread but stumbled accross this one that's been going a while! I've just ordered an Actifry and thought I'd let people know that a few places are selling them for £107 at the moment which is substantially less than they were selling for previously! I got mine from Amazon but Argos, Dixons and Currys are all selling them for £107. I know that when they first came out they were going for nearly £200!X

20. Lauryloopoo

Lauryloopoo Member

Got mine yesterday! Yummy yummy chippys yay!!!!!!!! Best thing ive ever bought. I've been using fry light and it works brilliantly.

21. christmasfairy1

christmasfairy1 Silver Member

Can I ask hoe exactly this works if you use fry light as I thought it dipped the chips in and out the oil?
    Also if I were to buy one on did ee would I be able to use extra virgin olive oil and would I have to syn it?
    Thanks
    Abi x

22. christmasfairy1

christmasfairy1 Silver Member

Can I bump this as I'm about to buy one and wondered if anyone knew the answer ta

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.