Tefal Actifry

Hi everyone.

My girlfriend follows SW and I am considering buying an Actifry to help with healthy cooking.

Are they good for other things other than chips?

Just trying to justify buying one.

Thank you :)

Cut The Fat said:
Hi everyone.

My girlfriend follows SW and I am considering buying an Actifry to help with healthy cooking.

Are they good for other things other than chips?

Just trying to justify buying one.

Thank you :)

They are great apparently, and there are quite a few threads on here with ideas and stuff :)

I have just recently purchased one and it is great!!! So quick and easy to prepare meals and you can do loads more than just chips! You can even do fruit in it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone! There is loads of recipes for it aswell.

Fruit? I can't quite figure what you'd do with fruit in a 'fryer', I might be being a bit dense. Any further info would be fab :) x

I bought one about 3 weeks ago and have used it almost everyday. It's fab, we've had chips(obviously), wedges, chilli, stirfry, I've used it instead of the frying pan to to fry off onions and mushrooms, we've had roast veggies, parsnips and carrots are gorgeous cooked in it, so are chicken drumsticks and sausages. I haven't tried the fruit recipes that come with the book but they look scrummy! The actifry comes with a recipe book which shows how versatile it is, it's not just for chips, the chilli recipe was from the cook book and my hubby made it, and he very rarely cooks and usually gets in a flap but even he was impressed lol! And the only fat I have used is a few sprays of frylight. I even cooked some frozen skinny oven fries for hubby in it and they turned out like Mcdonald's fries, they nearly didn't end up on his plate lol!

I paid through the nose for mine out of my catalogue, I wish I'd waited till payday and got it through Amazon as I could have got it a lot cheaper but I've been wanting one since they came out and starting slimming world seemed like a good excuse to get one :) If you are planning to get one I would definitely shop around.

Laziest spag bol ever. Chucked onions and mince in, let it run till the mince browned, then chucked the other ingredients in and left it running for another half an hour or so. No need to stand over the pan stirring and cooked to perfection with all flavours carefully blended. Was remarkably good. (this was pre veggieness, but will attempt with quorn mince soon...)

Hubby has broke the lid on mine ,:'( need to look on e bay for a new lid,having withdrawl symptoms :*)

Back