Tempted by the Exante diet

Elzibaby

Hey guys,

Newbie here , I thought I would join for advise / opinions of the Exante diet.

I started office work around 4 years ago and my weight rapidly went up and up from sitting at my desk all day eating as I had nothing else better to do.

I started working 24/7 shifts just over a year ago and have gained around 2 stone in this year alone :eek:

I am getting married on the 25th of August next year and I need a hassle free way to loose weight, this is what has drawn me towards the Exante Diet.

Few questions about it really.
Are the shakes OK tasting? I've tried slimfast previously and found them very chalky.
Is it good value for money?

Its the best thing I ever did! The tastes grow on you and results are stunning. It costs far less than junk food and snacks and in my mind worth every penny, it has changed my life. I believe in it. Keep reading this forum and you will be ordering in no time.
GSQ

I'll be honest here, I only really like 1 (maybe 2) of the shakes (there are 4 flavours), but adding a couple of sweetener tablets to them makes them a lot better. I think GSQ hit the nail on the head though, this diet works and if you can get through your first week of doing it you'll be fine. The taste definitely does grow on you but I don't think I'll personally ever 'love' my shakes. Also the point about it being cheaper than junk food I totally agree, I could easily spend £25+ a week on just take aways! and that wasn't including my other daily meals. I am actually saving money while on this diet.

If they tasted like the Slim Fast shakes I would be in heaven though because I think they taste lush! lol.

I've been doing this for a week ( tomorrow) i must admit i was really apprehensive about starting and indeed put it off, i will day from personal experience i try to make the shakes as thick as possible and as cold as poss they really do taste a lot better very cold.
And i make the soup with 200 ml of water and have it I'n a bowl ( i add a tsp of sweetener to the shakes )
I wasn't too keen on the banana shake as it didn't really taste like banana so I'm gonna try adding coffee I'n and i don't really like the tomato and basil soup ( not sure how to make that taste better)
But i prefer them to slim fast. It really I's a try em and see thing, i purchased just a week to try as there was no way i was going to buy a months supply if i hated it .
Good luck with your decision , if you need any help you can pm me
A x

Hi, it is certainly value for money but also quality for money a lot less rubbish in it compared to others. In terms of taste everyone is different however i can tolerate them all now, i just think of them as the fuel my body needs whilst it makes this special journey :)

'Taste' is very subjective. I have type II diabetes so haven't eaten a lot of sweet stuff for years so for me, the shakes are just right - not too sweet and sickly unlike slim-fast which is loaded with sugars.
I absolutely love the taste of all the packs (so far - I've still got strawberry shake and tomato soup to go) and think they taste less artificial than Cambridge (which I was on for 10 months in 2006).

As for cost - bought as a month's supply (bumper pack) it works out at £25 a week which is cheaper than all the other VLCDs ... and a darn sight cheaper than any conventional diet I've tried after shelling out for all the special foods and drink.

All in all, if you're thinking of a VLCD (and they DO work provided you stick to them) then Exante is pretty hard to beat.

I have to say I don't have the soups (never tried them - as I don't like soups in the 'real world'!) but like each and every shake and bar :)

Back