Ten years without sugar "j" on another forum didn't have any sugar in the 80's

clouddog

That was my inspiration and i have to say - i think it's actually a day at a time, really but that is where i'm getting it from that i have to beat that.....

it feels like giving up smoking.... i have relapse dreams about having a biscuit like one every 50 days for example and then going nuts and i start obsessing about future biscuits, it's a nightmare

Show me someone who can have one biscuit every 50 days!

Day 76.

Last edited:
My longest without sugar is 4 months, i kept my diet exactly the same, but added chocolate after that and gained 2 stone in 2 months

That's how I know a relapse would not be worth it

'j' now has the occasional bit of dark chocolate - what a dream - i think it would just start the ball rolling again so i'm not even holding out for that

it's 10 years then re think if I EVER want to have it again

Day 77

Day 126,

But...

I had unintentional sugar! still keeping count from boxing day 2014.

So that is fine, okay so the last 100ml was intentional, but it was a shandy (Radlers) in Amsterdam and a hoegarden raspberry ordered with near innocence, okay so maybe i hoped the second one wouldn't be sweet (kidding myself) but had it anyway.

I am writing this off as a holiday inconsistency ( on my last holiday I had fruit juice every day in the end - virgin cocktails,) I don't think its as bad as an unmistakable 3 full size magnums in a row...

I didn't know there was sugar in them till I was well underway. One rock concert. 2 small mistakes.

just found out the vegetable stock i use has sugar in it, now have to search for a sugar free one. I am yet to find a sugar free mayonnaise and I have started to eat a handful of sultanas in a bowl of porridge, hoping that will not make me crave allll day every day.

I will mention every transgression here - i am unable to order sugar free food every time i go out to eat, sugar in tomato soup for example - i can't avoid that

Last edited:
Yes!!!!

I forgot! I've done it before once or twice, its lovely and it's easy!

Ah, had a look at the shop bought stuff, alternative mayo, like egg free is so horrible
i threw it away

Thanks CaveGirl

Back