• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

*Tenacious* Tuesday Thread!!!

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
S: 192lb C: 192lb G: 138lb BMI: 33 Loss: 0lb(0%)
Morning (nearly afternoon) --

I did not see the daily thread and so thought I'd start one.

I picked the aliterative word "tenacious" to describe our Tuesday... because it seems as if many of us are struggling at the moment.

I am hoping that we can be tenacious -- as in the following definitions.

Tenacious:
2. Stubbornly unyielding; "a mind not gifted to discover truth but tenacious to hold it"; "men tenacious of opinion".[Wordnet]
3. Sticking together; "tenacious burrs".[Wordnet]
5. Holding fast, or inclined to hold fast; inclined to retain what is in possession; as, men tenacious of their just rights.[Websters]

I am planning to tenaciously stick to my "fitness and CD" commitments today -- depsite feeling less than excited about them ATM.

I hope everyone has a good day, if not not a good one, then an acceptable one.

MM

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Setas

Silver Member
S: 19st9lb C: 17st8lb G: 9st10lb Loss: 2st1lb(10.55%)
LOl - love it tenacious - but not feeling at all motivated today...

Right off to get motivated!

HAve a good day

sumayyah

please try again
S: 23st6lb C: 17st7lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 44.8 Loss: 5st13lb(25.3%)
morning mel, great word

i shall be sticking tenaciously to cambridge today too

I'm so grumpy today, again! Lol

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Okay... if Kimmie is Grumpy, then I am Sleepy (so, another coffee and some sitting by the light box for me), and who today is...

Bashful, Dopey, Sneezy, Doc and Happy?

And, I guess one of us who is feeling really good about themselves can be Snow White, and one of us who is truly evil can be her Stepmother.

LOL

Out of whats left I think I should be the evil step mother !!! I am on day 3 of 100% after 5 days off plan and its always my worst day , i am hungry , and grumpy and mardy and the poor kids are getting the brunt of my grumpyness and lack of patience today ...... BUT tomorrow is day 4 .. normally the lovely day i meet my old friend ketosis so I am gritting my teeth and getting through it and hoping to be more like snow white tomorrow !!!!!

I dont have a lot to do today , apart from washing up , putting a load (or 7 ) of clean washing away , hoovering , cooking tea .. etc so will do these jobs steadily throughout the day to keep me busy and distracted :)

Mrs Taurus

Silver Member
S: 18st2lb C: 17st11lb G: 12st1lb BMI: 36.8 Loss: 0st5lb(1.97%)
Hi all, not struggling with cd today, but struggling to exert myself as got the pre-menstraul chronic fatigue and light headed. Must say though my pms has been much better this month, usually I have 2 weeks of emotional hell, I am putting this down to cd!

Master T and I are going to cook a pasta recipe from his book later, some to freeze up for him and big portion for Mr T when he arrives home from the big smoke tonight.
It has been mentioned, but must be a psychological explanation as to why so many of us become feeders to our spouses on this diet, am good with Master T as have always tried hard to prevent him adopting my eating habits!
Stay strong all, and thanks for the thread MM X

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
@Determinator -- Let's add a new Dwarf: Mardy. Please translate into American. New one to me!

@Mrs T -- I think it is one of those -- those that can do, and those that can't talk about it! It is like the sex... the quietest girls in high school turned out to be the "busiest". But, I had no idea at the time.

Can't eat it -- but as Sacred Silence said, "Smelling it is sooo good, when you are doing without."

Making a pesto chicken recipe for the DH and DS tonight. Not sure DD will go for it -- but she'll have some of the basmati rice that I'll make to go with it (basmati has a much better GI than jasmine rice).

MM

hi guys n gals,
today so far is an absolute nightmare.
i could eat a scabby horse right now.
i am well into ketosis so i doubt it is 'real' hunger but all i can think about is food.
i keep asking myself ' shall i have some chicken to make myself feel better and lessen the risk of blowing it altogether?' but i dont want to :cry:.
so determined but that damn voice is there loud n clear telling me i will cave before the night is over :sigh:.
gonna have 4 packs today in the hope it will stop me from eating 'conventional' food . I just hope it is enough.

S: 15st13lb C: 14st2lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 34 Loss: 1st11lb(11.21%)
i was very mardy earlier i just didnt have the energy to speak to anyone. how do you know when youre in ketosis? x

Mac123

S: 13st3.6lb C: 13st3.6lb G: 8st12lb BMI: 31.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I'm sneezy!!! That will be the chocolate shake :)
Best stick to soup for lunch :)

ketosis for me normally arrives on day 4 , the rumbly tummy and lack of energy normally disappear and I also get really smelly breath and a nasty taste !!! The only way to know for sure is to use keto stix which you can get from pharmacys ( although some will refuse to sell you them if you say you are on a ketoginic diet so I always say they are for my diabetic grandad ... )

S: 17st1lb C: 12st9lb G: 8st13lb Loss: 4st6lb(25.94%)
Hi everyone!

Day 2 of being 100% back on track today and feeling fine! 4l water already gone (I usually drink 6l a day due to being so thirsty more than anything) and a porridge and a bar. A nice hot shake for tea tonight.

Its Burns night tonight, so DD has gone to nursery in her tartan skirt, DS has a tartan coat on and I'm cooking OH and the kids haggis, neeps and tatties for tea. Its veggie haggis and I LOVE veggie haggis - oh well, it'll still be there when I'm eating again!

Xxx

S: 15st13lb C: 14st2lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 34 Loss: 1st11lb(11.21%)
ketosis for me normally arrives on day 4 , the rumbly tummy and lack of energy normally disappear and I also get really smelly breath and a nasty taste !!! The only way to know for sure is to use keto stix which you can get from pharmacys ( although some will refuse to sell you them if you say you are on a ketoginic diet so I always say they are for my diabetic grandad ... )
lol :D might get some then! are they expensive?

jfryyyy

S: 26st11lb C: 15st12lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 27.7 Loss: 10st13lb(40.8%)
Hi all, another day of work for me (boo!)

Hope you all had good weekends, I didn't really do a lot, was my grandmother's birthday on Sunday so spent some time there and that is about it!

Day 20 today for me, 2lbs away from having lost 2 stone! (Since Jan 6th!!) so I'm really chuffed, I think i'll have completed another mini-goal by my next WI! (Thursday afternoon)

Looking forward to getting under 18st though more than anything, as thats when I really notice the changes :D

Have a nice day people! Keep it up!

J

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
@nurseberyl -- you can get ketostix from Tescos' pharmacy for 5 pounds for 50.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to stop buying bars!! Iv just sat and ate two! Going to suffer tonight! Argh

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
@Kimmie -- OMG, I would be doubled over in pain from that! The CD bars do not agree with me at all.

MM

MinnieMel said:
@Kimmie -- OMG, I would be doubled over in pain from that! The CD bars do not agree with me at all.

MM
They don't me eaither! So no idea why I feel the need to eat two! :(