Teri's maternity bag advice

oasis6918

Gold Member
Hiya I have wrote a list below of what I have to far in my maternity bag, any advice on anything that I've forgot or anything would be appreciated.

2 muslin squares
Newborn all in one short leg outfit
2 newborn baby grows
1 0-3 vest
2 newborn vests
Socks
Cardigan
Blanket
Dummies
10xnewborn nappies
10xsize 1 nappies
Wetwipes
Socks and undies me
Nighty for labour and old tshirt
Change of clothes me and hubby
Make up :) basics
Lip balm
Phone charger
Digital camera and batteries
Maternity pads and breast pads
Wash bag

Also I'm only planning on taking stuff to last a 24 hour period after baby is here as we only live 10 mins from hospital so there'll be a back up bag at home.
Also any ideas on snacks/drinks good for energy would help x

I thought that and took loads as Jesse was a sicky baby and I heard c section babies were worse but teddy never threw up in hosp and it was so hot I had him in a vest and wrapped up rather than in a baby grow x

Hopefully I'll have a natural birth so I hope I won't be in too long but I think to bring her home I'll just put her in a vest and loose blanket. I think it will be too hot to have her in a 'going home outfit' Jack just came home in his baby grow. I think I'll pack another baby grow and vest or two just in case though x

Why size nappies did you use Cas? Teddy still in micro baby and we still not had any leaks they are really good for little babies before they start filling out, they always so narrow at first arnt they x

I got mine from asda and tescos lol they just been next to the other pampers when I've got em, strange lol, yeah he will prob fit them for a while, Jesse fitted them at 8lbs 9 and teddys a while off that yet but I only got one pack of micro left now just gone into it tonight so might have to start size 1 if I havnt got to shops before they run out! x

ive packed

bibs
scratch mitts
size 1 nappies
nappy bags
cotton wool
2 tiny baby vests
2 tiny baby baby grows with hat etc to match
3 newborn vests
3 newborn baby grows
newborn outfit
2 0-3 vests
2 0-3 baby grows
3 cardigans
1 blanket

1 nightie
2 vest tops
2 pj bottoms
2 bed socks
dressing gown
slippers
going home outfit-just jogging tracky
toiletries
breast pads
nipple cream
maternity pads
lots of underwear

then oh will bring camera etc

have i overpacked?

Yeah you seem better set than me, lol I'm going to try get those last few things packed this weekend and have the Moses basket set up properly. You'll be fine, I just feel like it doesn't seem real I will have another baby in 3 weeks or so, even though I've had a baby before it just doesn't seem real, not until she's in my arms x

ive got my moses basket set up already in front room for when she comes home hehe.car seat all ready anf we had a go at intstalling it into both of our cars the other day.her bouncer all set up too
wahooooo

Yeah we have her bouncer, swing and car seat ready in spare room. Play pen ready in the hall cupboard downstairs and I think were just about sorted.
I'm so shattered tonight I was ready for my bed at half 7 but just had my tea half an hour ago x

Just 1/5 which is nothing really but mw's have said as it's my 2nd not to expect baby to engage until labour, so it could still mean labour right round corner :) it'd be funny if we had them on same day x

Back