TerriAnns 123 Diet

laurag2905

Hi Guys, I've decided its time I took this weight issue by the horns and sorted my life out. I'm 42 and have been overweight for the last 20 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS 15 years ago and have tried most diets. Unfortunately last week my doctor has diagnosed me with Diabetes so I guess this is the kick up the arse that I needed.

I have just signed up for the TerriAnns 123 Diet, and would love to know if any of you guys have tried it or are using it to lose weight. I need something that is low carb but that doesn't rule out food altogether, as I've tried most VLCD's many times and can't maintain it.

I have never been able to work out if my issues with food are psychological or based around my PCOS, as I crave carbs and that tends to be the end of my dieting, I'd like to try and get this under control so any tips you can give me would be really appreciated.

I'm looking for a diet buddy so if anyone else out there is just starting out or still has a fair amount to lose and wants to support each other through then let me know.

Take care

Laura

Hiya! Welcome to WEMITTS :) you'll find lots of encouraging and inspiring folks on here, all trying to find what works for them so don't feel alone with the feelings of confusion. Personally I have decided to tackle my problem as an addiction while monitoring my food intake by calorie counting, and I have recently adjusted my carb intake a little (although I can't say I'm on a low carb diet).

I've heard that low-carb diets, in particular low carb high fat (lchf) seems to work well for women with PCOS. I follow a few women on insta gram who all have PCOS, some with diabetes, who are following that lchf principle and reaping the rewards. But, not everyone is the same - different lifestyle, body types, hormones etc etc can make it somewhat difficult to chose the right path. I think flexibility and not expecting miracles is one of the keys to success.
Those carb cravings DO subside though, so keep it up. I went sugar free about three months ago and it has really kept the cravings and roller coaster moods (well, the ones brought on by sugar spikes) at bay.

Also, water. Water water water!
Also, posting on here! Ranting, sharing successes (and the not so successful days), seeing what people are eating etc can help to keep the motivation up and helps us feel like you aren't in it alone.
Look forward to getting to know you! xx take care

Welcome on board :)

Never even heard of that diet but will have a google. I think evidence shows all and any of the diets work but as you rightly say it has to be something you can stick to and sustain.

As Essie says the WEMITTs board is full of amazing inspiring people doing all sorts of diets & support each other every step of the way. I notice you're also in Norfolk - lucky you living on the coast :D

hi and welcome to the forum you will get loads of help here

Back