Terrible news - gutted and numb

Lucky7

Lucky7
:confused:

Just don't know what to do with myself. Just heard this morning that one of my friends hanged himself on Friday at his house and was found later by another friend. No explanation. No note. So so sad. Completely numb. Puts things into perspective a bit.

:(

How sad for you and your friends. Don't expect it to make any sense, just allow yourself to grieve and absorb the news. Huge huge hugs to you and yours xxxx

Don't know what to say except to echo MadamLaMinx and to send huge hugs to everyone affected :hug99:

Oh that is so sad.

There is nothing at all that can be said that will make any difference.

I send you my love and hugs xxxxxxxx

As others have said you will never have an explanation, just be there for each other & grieve the loss of your friend.

This happened to my best friends bf a few years ago no one even her had no idea and came as a complete shock so completely know how you feel.

Lots of love & hugs to u xxxx

i'm very sorry to hear this hun, a good friend of mine did the same thing in 2008 and i was upset about it the other day, it never goes away but u do learn to remember the good things, lots of love xxxxxx

sending lots of hugs xxx

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I keep thinking about the poor friend who shared a house with him and was the one to come home from work to that shocker. I know I'd be a complete mess if that had been me. Haven't seen or heard from them, no surprise there I suppose. And of course, wondering why he thought life was that hopeless, but I doubt that question will ever be answered.

One good thing about teaching is that there's no time to dwell on your own problems / issues at work, so today will be a bit of a relief I think. Sports day this morning and parents evening after school so busy, busy. xx

So sorry to hear this, maybe he might find peace now in his soul which is awful to say but it helped me once to think like that x

My Uncle had a very troubled life and he committed suicide in 2005 - the pain was overwhelming so I completely understand how you are feeling. He left 4 children and at the time 2 grandchildren (now he has 5) and he also left a massive hole in our family, especially my Dad's life. It has taken a long time to come to terms with it but you will get there - we had no note and so no real explanation which is the hardest thing. You just have to take each day as it comes I guess, even now I can't listen to the songs played at his funeral but I remember him every day and can smile about him now xxxxx

Awwwwwwww thats so sad, it does put things in perspective. It just shows we never really know what people are thinking & what goes on in their mind.

A close friend of mine died 3 years ago & it just made me realise how short life really is, which means now I make the most of what I have, I spend my money on traveling & I want to make sure me & Bob make the best of our lives together. I also make time for friends, which is really hard sometimes especially as time passes by so quickly.

In time it will get easier, but just now I feel myself filling up just thinking about my friend & life..........................

I'm so sorry to hear about this hon. I've lost 2 close friends over the years at their own hands (and some who were less close to me) and one of my mum's best friends took her own life last year, and even now with a couple of them we have never quite figured out the rhyme or reason for why they did it.

I will light a candle for your friend and send my blessings that he finds his way to a place on the other side where he is happy and at peace.

Hugs

Back