Total Solution Terri's trip down exante lane...

terristar

Hi, I'm terri and as of today I have embarked on exante TS .

Man ...exante has come along at just the right time i think for me.

Im on here to lose the 3 stone that have crept on since learning to drive, drinking and starting a sedentary office job , before september , drastic i know and i know alot of people do this diet with alot more to lose but we all have our own personal goals and motivations. Mine is to be confident at univeristy in september and unfortunately my confidence is determined by my weight.

Exante has been chosen as i have issues when i diet with choices and decisions and wanted to take that out of the equation for a bit whilst i determine why im eating when / what / how much i'm eating.

I'm going to use this blog to record my day to day feelings.

My plan is as follows

TS until under 11st
Low carb refeed ( a meal at a time) until 10st and monitor my losses (theres an excellent diary on here which i must find again)
I then hope to embark on ww as my maintenance guide , as i will be in uni by this time so i dont want the freshers weight gain. HELL NO. live off soup and vodka diet coke ;)

I'll try update this as much as possible :)
anybody else out there please feel free to speak up. I'd love to hear of your journey .

Exante Day 1

So intros over, today was day 1. I was a bit anxious about the shakes , the idea of using water knocked me a bit sick , especially after i tried a yakult for the first time the other day, but in all fairness the vanilla was bearable , one might say nice ina few days . I blended with a hand blender which i recommend.

So the first hour is all well and good , until i get to work where im on the worlds skinniest team :sigh: then there is me. they whacked out the buttery crumpets (our office is slap bang next to a cafe and a bakery :| can it get any worse) and maryland cookies , i sipped my water. i must remember its all for a good cause

Lunchtime couldnt have come quick enough, and i was dying for my toffee bar , which was yummy . Just tinkered about on my blackberry to allow me to forget the array of panini's floating about in my colleagues lunch orders.

Boredom is a killer in work in the afternoon and i normally turn to at least a fizzy drink to perk me up but no i just got my head down , and worked like a trooper and gulped my water.

I know its not recommended but i went the gym after work, if anything it was to distract me from eating at home mindlessly. I come home and head straight for the fridge . MUST KICK THAT HABIT . It's amazing how exercise can make you like mushroom soup and heap laods of black pepper ( my lifelong least fave out of the flavours ) thats appetite for you.

And now here i am , on the laptop , distracting myself from what is normally dessert and supper periods of the day . These are why im on this thing in the first place , must kick this habit. NO MORE POINTLESS NIGHTIME NIBBLING.:p

So day 1 . done. no cheating. definitely more than 2 ltrs water :) may look into splitting the packs soon as 5 hours + between eating is shocking .

ta ta for now :)

The colder the water the better the shakes taste I find. I dont like the chocolate ones though however cold or hot the water. Soups are not for me, I am a shake only person. Good luck

Day 2 on exanteb

So im writing this whilst i watch The Apprentice ... i love this show :)

Well today has definitely been much harder , a rubbish day in work mixed witha lack of fluids have left me with a grumbly tummy.Oh how the urge to snack has been apparent all day, but i've just got my head down and got on with it. Tomorrow i will drink more water.

I've decided to not take any money to work, as then i am able to completely avoid the lovely sandwich shop that is based in our staff room. bye bye panini's for now :eek: being proactive in my choices.

So it was banana shake fo brekky ( not very nana-ry) but tastes good none the less, i had a bar for lunch as its very discreet and then i was rushed off my feet this evening so i had a bar for tea too ( bad i know , ill be making up with soup soup soup this weekend) I do love the bars , maybe because its chewing , so i feel like its 'real food' as oppsoed to fuel.

Well im ready to head into day 3 all guns blazing, i will reach ketosis !! i'm just thinking of the goal at hand.

Ta ta for now :) x

Day 3 and Day 4

Well day 3 was my hardest day yet, and thankfully i was prepared for it after reading everyones experiences on here. I just was hungry for no reason ( a habit im trying to kick)
On the upside my line manager complimented me on the level of work i did yesterday and the way i handled a customer , as when im starving i will do anything to keep my mind of it, even work :eek::eek::eek:

I tried to make my soup in the microwave for my tea, and well it exploded. I hate mushroom soup and so to clean it off the microwave made me :jelous: so i turned my frown upside down and treated myself to a naughty second bar mwuahahahahaha.

Went the cinema today to get over my evening cravings, being 2 for 1 and everything , and managed to avoid lovely butterkist popcorn and even lovelier ben and jerrys core sundaes - oh how i will savour that on the fortunate day i eat one ( as a treat not a necessaity however) . i just sat down and enjoyed the film. im getting good :girlpower:

Day 4
Finally Im in what seems to be ketosis , im not hungry ( body is still pining for boredom/no patricular reason eating but im ignoring) today i havent felt hungry at all , not even thirsty either. I have been guilty of including some fizzy drinks in the day between meals ( today was a coke zero and dr pepper zero) which were both discussed on a message board here as A.O.K. Better to be drinking than snacking on something naughty i suppose . :eek: i can survive on 3 meals a day who'd have known, i thought the world would end .

And it seems to be fine, still have that metallic taste of ketosis , i thought id cut my gums brushing my teeth or something.

I cannot stand my soups, really love satisfying ym sweet tooth with the bars and the shakes , made really thick and frothy with an additional arti. sweetener. Best thing is like all the shakes and bars , but it just works out cheaper my the mixed bumper tbh.

Well i'm off to bed, going to clean my teeth AGAIN as im not the biggest fan of metal mouth, is this how vampires feel.

night x

ahhh so ive been so busy with work this week, exantehas seemed like a doddle. literally i havent had time to think about food so its been convenient to just have my food there ready.

Week 1 and ive lost 10lbs :O im 1lb over my demon on 12st and i will get over that hurdle by the end of the week :D bye bye 12's hello 11!!!

Been sticking to the plan, had a chicken breast with nandos peri peri sauce ( no carbs , no citric, just herbs n spices) whilst i was watching britains got talent , as evryione wolfed down their pizza and tv treats . But i stayed strong. If a chicken breast is my only slip up im sure that's a good thing really, just more protein i suppose.

Really hate the soups, its a chore to eat them but i do, i just have it like a cup a soup and get on with it. shakes and bars are yummy, and coke zero is my treat. So its all going good.

Been cinema twice last week and resisted the cinema goodies, and now im like why did i ever get them anyway , they distract me so much from the films ( which i paid 8 quid for) so im like why buy into it from now on. surely thats good thing as im a cinema obssesive .

Started abck on the exercise but tbh it knocked me sick. lack of calories to burn i suppose haha.

Onwrds and downwards really from now, im definitely in ketosis and im praying that i stay on track to stay in it. I like feeling not hungry as i know im in control of my choices, but when im hungry anything can happen.

Anyway hope your all well, my spelling is atrocious as im rushed at work but wanted to drop in .

Bye :)

Well done babe! Keep it up!!! How bad is it to to exercise on this diet though? I'm on TS too, I've done zumba once but that was on day 3 so i still had plenty of energy.... But i'm on day 6 now.... Do you think it's ok to do? x

Back