Tesco Diet'esque Newbie

AndrewUK

Hello all

I am new and I have been doing my own kind of diet for a week or so now.
I generally have Tesco diet milkshakes but I also tie that in with some Atkins type meals on days when I feel a bit low 'sugary'.

Im trying to fall into some form of order and it has worked pretty well for me so far doing what I am doing.
I have lost 1 stone and this is day number 6 though I need to lose probably in the region of 15 stone all together though even ten would be good.
I cant seem to face just shakes though I have at times just had three tesco shakes and no meal at night just using the third shake as its substitute though after a couple of days of doing that you do feel a bit woozy.
I went to a bbq last night and had plenty of chicken and salad and feel good today.
As I am mixing it up a bit I may have to supplement my diet with some vitamins otherwise I will find the Gym a bit too much and I am quite enjoying the Gym at the moment.
I am 100% determined to lose all of my weight at the moment I am 1 stone down with at least 9 to go though as that target gets closer I may lower it again.
My first major goal is to get down to 23 stone as I will register correctly on my scales then, the next after that is 20 stone - I haven't been that since the 1990's.
18 and then 16 are up next and I will see how I am as that is my first target, if I am not happy I will drop again as my perfect weight is apparently about 12 stone - 5'11 male heavy build (36)

there is nothing going to stop me, watch this space ;)
and good luck to those doing the same.

Hi there, just a quick info point for ya. Using these shakes solely is dangerous as you dont get the full amounts of things needed. This isnt a ketogenic diet due to all the sugars etc so you will feel awful just using the shakes alone. The shakes plus a meal would be fine. Im not wanting to preach just i know it can be dangerous on its own.

Good luck with your journey :)

You can actually feel that as well, after three days pure shakes I felt yuk though oddly it did seem as though I was in Ketosis which I didn't expect - bad breath and odd familiar taste.
After food though that seems to have gone away a little.
I am still in the tweaking stages at the moment trying to balance myself out a bit and find what suits me best.
I was considering pure Atkins but what I am doing now is a mix of Tesco shakes and Atkins of sorts - it is an odd mix but throwing in a bit of salad now and then perks me up a bit and the losses so far have been fairly ok and the diet managable.
I find the Tesco shakes far better than the VLCD shakes which are all equally horrid though do work very well. I can swallow the Tesco shakes without wanting to gag and it is fairly nice to be honest, plus as it is in a similar vein to slim fast I can probably mix them in a bit as well over the diet.
If things stop working I may have to change my ways but I am for now finding good results.

I dont think I would go more than a couple of days on shakes alone else I will get the shakes :) but if I eat it will be atkins friendly as it seems to work well that way for now anyway.

I agree the VLCD shakes are horrendous but i suppose they are just a means to an end.

Odd that you had early signs of ketosis unless its with you adding little bits here and there that did that.

I suppose you'll know your body enough to know when to change/swap your plans about. I'd just hate to see someone getting ill due to their diet.

RE the taste of the shakes i can only use the s'berry SF shake, the rest i cant keep down (sorry TMI)

AndrewUK said:
You can actually feel that as well, after three days pure shakes I felt yuk though oddly it did seem as though I was in Ketosis which I didn't expect - bad breath and odd familiar taste.
After food though that seems to have gone away a little.
I am still in the tweaking stages at the moment trying to balance myself out a bit and find what suits me best.
I was considering pure Atkins but what I am doing now is a mix of Tesco shakes and Atkins of sorts - it is an odd mix but throwing in a bit of salad now and then perks me up a bit and the losses so far have been fairly ok and the diet managable.
I find the Tesco shakes far better than the VLCD shakes which are all equally horrid though do work very well. I can swallow the Tesco shakes without wanting to gag and it is fairly nice to be honest, plus as it is in a similar vein to slim fast I can probably mix them in a bit as well over the diet.
If things stop working I may have to change my ways but I am for now finding good results.

I dont think I would go more than a couple of days on shakes alone else I will get the shakes :) but if I eat it will be atkins friendly as it seems to work well that way for now anyway.

Hi Andrew, I'm doing the tesco ultra slim shakes too. I have loads to lose too, a bit more than you. Youve got to make sure you eat all your calories. I didn't believe starvation mode until it happened to me last week! Since eating the recommended 2100-2300 cals a day I have started losing again. Sounds odd to lose weight by eating more but it makes sense when you work out your bmr. Mine is 2580 so the cals I need to maintain are about 3400 so I'm having 1000 cals less than that a day which equals 7000 less a week which in turn equals 2 lbs.
Your body needs fuel to just function so eating less than you need will shock it into holding onto fat.
Try working out your bmr etc and see what you should be having. I know 2 lb a week isn't much but in a few short months it'll add up to a few stones before you know it :) good luck xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Loser85 said:
I agree the VLCD shakes are horrendous but i suppose they are just a means to an end.

Odd that you had early signs of ketosis unless its with you adding little bits here and there that did that.

I suppose you'll know your body enough to know when to change/swap your plans about. I'd just hate to see someone getting ill due to their diet.

RE the taste of the shakes i can only use the s'berry SF shake, the rest i cant keep down (sorry TMI)

I find i can only have the shakes with a straw. Makes it easier and a bit like I'm having a treat :) xx

Hi Toxicsgrl

Well done on getting on it like me, we will get this one sorted no problem.
Just think how fit we will both be in 12 months - your gorgeous now so you have an advantage but when you hit target your gonna love it and so am I.

I got Married at 17 and divorced at 18 and since then I have just piled on the pounds year on year.
I never thought I would hit 26 stone but hit it I did and if I didnt tackle it now I would be on the telly in ten years on one of these reality shows with someone getting paid to wipe my bum :p

There's no chance of that happening, Im proper on a mission and its good to find someone doing something similar with roughly the same to lose and with some drive to get there.
I am sure over the next twelve months we will be able to support each other on here and lets see how we are getting on, after this week I am going to try and keep to once a week on the scales to check how I am doing and Ill let you know (it will be a rough estimate till I get to 23 stone as my scales only go up to that lol)
lots of water always seems to help swish away pounds, I dont know why but water really does work very well so long as you dont go crazy downing many litres per hour youll be ok.
I find roughly 2- 4 litres a day seems to wash away the fat and makes me smile at the end of the week on whatever diet.

I have two old cars - a 1960's Daimler and a 1970's MGB GT and I look a right tit in the MG, after this diet I hope to slide in nicely (hopefully next to Mrs Andrew UK - fingers crossed a slimmer me will find it a bit easier to meet her) and go for a nice healthy picnic in the countryside.

2lbs a week is fine and it does add up over time plus the lower losses like that you find stay off better as well. I am aiming for roughly 12 months to target perhaps a bit of a boost at the start like now followed by a slow plod to the end getting ever thinner till I reach it.

Ill keep you posted how I get on - you do the same :)

Today I have had a shake before coming out and water so far, but I am about to get myself a Coke Zero I think as I fancy a treat. I have a tesco cranberry bar with me and I am not overly keen - a bit of pop helps swish it down.
I LOVE the choccy shake though mmm yummy - its so nice when compared to the yakky Exante,Cambridge diet, Lipotrim ones. Plus Tesco ultraslim is to be fair pretty cheap which is handy when your old cars steal all your money all the time lol.

anyway good luck and let me know how you get on - its diet time xx

me, gorgeous? :hmm: lol, thank you.

my thread is here if you wanna have a nose http://www.minimins.com/slimfast/284024-29-stone-started-last-week-anyone-else-similar-weight.html

there arent too many people starting at weights as heavy as me, so yes i agree it'll be nice to have someone who knows whats its like.

ive been doing it for 4 weeks now and have lost 17.5 lbs, thats with 2 weeks of not losing coz i was eating to few calories and exercising like a mad thing. but now since i had an accident last week ive not been able to do any working out, so im just concentrating on eating all my cals and trying to reisist double sausage mcmuffins :p

you made me lol @ 'I would be on the telly in ten years on one of these reality shows with someone getting paid to wipe my bum :p' thats always a concern :sick0019:

given myself until my 31st birthday in feb 2014 to lose all my weight. i want to try and lost 6 stone by christmas, or be under 20 stone for my 30th birthday! that would be lovely!

im going through divorce at the mo, just had a letter today saying the decree was gonna be pronounced in court on 8th aug @ 10:00am :bunnydance:

im gonna have the biggest party ever!! :party0023: my ex always nagged me to lose weight and i never did til we split up!!

ive been trying to drink more water, but i need to be more strict on myself, i find it hard to glug it. but i guess it does help.
you seem to know what you're doing which is a good start :)

i havent had a shake today, they give me a bad tummy when its that time of the month, so im just going to eat within my calories until next week.

good luck too :) xxx

Just to tickle you all, as I am dumb and just read what I require from the back label - I have been enjoying my Ultraslim with water from the tap :)
I just noticed on here you make it with milk :D - ahh well eh, water suits me fine I reckon its fine like that - Ill just have a glass of semi skimmed now and then and some Edam to up my calcium if required.

Been mega good this weekend and thats with a night out in Manchester where I had one small glass -250ml max of diet coke and two bottles of water, I bet I looked like I was on Ecstasy or something lol.

anyway still losing though a bit slower now - 1 Stone 3lbs since last Friday :)
en route - still 8 stone 11lb or something to go to my first stop and see how I am goal fingers crossed by une 2013 ;)

AndrewUK said:
Just to tickle you all, as I am dumb and just read what I require from the back label - I have been enjoying my Ultraslim with water from the tap :)
I just noticed on here you make it with milk :D - ahh well eh, water suits me fine I reckon its fine like that - Ill just have a glass of semi skimmed now and then and some Edam to up my calcium if required.

Been mega good this weekend and thats with a night out in Manchester where I had one small glass -250ml max of diet coke and two bottles of water, I bet I looked like I was on Ecstasy or something lol.

anyway still losing though a bit slower now - 1 Stone 3lbs since last Friday :)
en route - still 8 stone 11lb or something to go to my first stop and see how I am goal fingers crossed by une 2013 ;)

Hey Andrew, well done on a good weekend :) I've been struggling and have stalled I think. Just can't seem to get to 2 stone loss :(
Are u exercising? And what sort of things are u eating? X

andrew, i cant pm you, so was wondering if you could email me on [email protected] , got some things i would like to discuss re weight loss. thanks :) x

All Done Toxics ;)

I weighed in last Friday and had dropped to 24Stone 7lb so Two stone off now, though this week till today I am still knocking around the same so a lot slower now - still if I can get a couple of pounds a week Ill be chuffed.
8 stone till target now so Id best update my stats :D

Still hovering around the 24st 7lb mark, not been naughty either apart from two cookies last Wednesday so it gets a bit frustrating, not going to the loo very often either which may not help though tomorrow is weigh in day so hopefully a pound or two at least gone as I have been a good lad :)

AndrewUK said:
Still hovering around the 24st 7lb mark, not been naughty either apart from two cookies last Wednesday so it gets a bit frustrating, not going to the loo very often either which may not help though tomorrow is weigh in day so hopefully a pound or two at least gone as I have been a good lad :)

Well done for a good week. Slow and steady wins the race!

Loved reading through this thread, I've got about 6 and a half stone to loose so good to know there are others out there with larger amounts to loose. I've tried most diets on and off all my life, Weight Watchers, Cambridge..... can relate to so much in all the above posts.

Got a nasty chest infection at the moment but once that has cleared I plan to do a mixture of calorie counting via MFP and SlimFast/UltraSlim shakes.

Hey all, been reading this thread in the background and it helped me decide to do the tesco ultraslim diet.

I've been having 2 shakes and an healthy meal every day for two weeks and happy to report that I've lost 5.1kg!

I've done lipotrim before which made me feel really bad (headaches, stress, etc) but have to admit I'm fine on the tesco shakes (and they're cheap!!) so happy with the result!

Craig

Hi Craig, glad to hear you are doing well! I am ready to start with my SlimFast/UltraSlim diet tomorrow. :) good luck on your journey x

Well some good news & bad!

I've lost over a stone in just under 3 weeks!
The shakes have caused a problem! - I started to get pains under my ribs on the right side (liver area). It got progressively worse and worse! Wasso tender and hurt to cough! As it was the weekend I didn't bother with doctors but instead tried to single out what's causing this...
I looked online to find a number of artists about shakes & IBS / liver issues relating to iron intake.
Stopped the shakes yesterday and the pain has gone! Going to try them again in a few days to prove my theory!

Bit gutted as it was working! But not worth the stabbing pains!!!

Oh no!! Don't be to gutted, calorie count the same shake allowance if that helps, but on a more serious note you should still see doc just to be careful.

xx

Back