Tesco increased price of Oat Bran by 33% overnight!

jeese thats a big hike... wish id bought it last week now

Its inevitable in classic economics - as demand for a limited commodity increases so does its price. As soon as supply increases (because millers realise they can sell more than they did 18 months ago and start to make more) then the price will drop again.

Hi - I got mine from H and B think it was £1.29p for same size bag as Tesco. V naughty have noticed prices in there jump overnight by over 100% before.

When I started Dukan back in June, Tesco charged 99p for 500g of oatbran. When the Daily Mail featured the Dukan Diet, it went up to £1.49 overnight. Since then, I have purchased my oatbran from a local health food shop. I *think* it is 99p a kilo. I buy it loose and store in a Kilner jar. I certainly wouldn't pay the £1.99 for 500g that Tesco are now asking. :eek:
That's a 50% increase in 4 months! Every little helps eh, Tesco?!

I'm lucky in that I have at least four places to buy it from - tescos, holland and Barrett, rainbow wholefoods (not sure if that's just local though) and a local farm shop.

Only prob is all the textures of the actual milling are different - so get the occasional disaster with my galettes as they keep coming out different!...

:)

i just bought it in morrisons this afternoon, £1.59

It is a shame the price is going up so quickly, but that's the Dukan effect I have no doubt. To be fair it's still a darn sight cheaper than all the breakfast cereals I used to buy. A bag of oatbran to make my daily porridge probably lasts me at least 8 weeks.

Stop complaining - I'm from Denmark and here I pay £3 for 500g!!! DD is economically tough over here ;) - I must be dedicated!!!! :)

Back