Tesco's Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Hi, can anyone help me work out the Syns value for this on a Red day? It's a 245g pack and the nutritional values, per 100g, are as follows:

Calories: 80
Protein: 8.4
Carbs: 7.1
Fat: 1.1

Now, the thing I am stuggling with is the free food allowance. If I select chicken as the free food it comes out as 3.5 Syns. However, chicken is not the first food listed on the packaging, cooked egg noodles are, which are obviously not a free food on red. So, am I still allowed to select chicken or not? With no free food selected it works out at 10 Syns. So which is correct, 3.5 or 10? I am a little puzzled.

Thanks in advance x

The exact same salad, just slightly smaller (230g), is listed on Syns online as being 2.5 Syns so I am swaying more towards the 3.5 - but I can't be sure, and if it actually is 10 Syns I would be underestimating it by quite a lot.

Plus, I've tried again on the Syns calculator, this time selecting "Both/Extra Easy" (rather than "Original"). With the free foods as noodles and chicken, it works out as 3.5 Syns on EE/Red and 5.5 Syns on Green. So maybe the 3.5 Syns is right? What do people think?

Last edited:
Wooop, panic over!! A lovely member from another of my Consultants group saw my post on the FB page and called Syns Hotline for me - how sweet of her!! The salad has been confirmed as 3.5 Syns on EE/Red, yippeee :D

Iv just done a search for this and you popped up :D haha! Just had one for my dinner it was lovelyyyy! Perfect for a grab meal isn't it :) xxx

Back