1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Teso 30% less fat Feta and Haloumi

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by Oliversmum, 24 June 2014 Social URL.

1. Oliversmum

Oliversmum Active Member

If we buy the Tesco 30% less fat does this mean we could have a little more than the healthy extra allowance?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. LastEverDiet

LastEverDiet Well-Known Member

Ooh didn't know you could get this. Each Hex is equivalent to 6 syns (120 cals) so should be able to have more if its lower fat/ lower cal. Have you tried it, how does it taste?

4. rm247

rm247 Well-Known Member

i like the 50% less fat tesco grated cheese, it allows me a little bit more cheese with my food without feeling guilty.

5. Oliversmum

Oliversmum Active Member

they are delicious but would love to know how much I can have.

6. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

I've always wondered this, I stick to 35g halloumi but I get lighter! I wonder how we find out hmm

7. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

Just looks on syn calculator, 25g liger halloumi is 3.5 syns, so as a HExA is 6 syns we should be allowed 42g :D

8. Reander

Reander Well-Known Member

I've been eating the lighter halloumi this week but sticking to 35g. I can't do maths to save my life, so thanks for doing the hard bit lol.

9. beachbabetobe13

beachbabetobe13 Well-Known Member

I've just discovered 30% less fat halloumi and I'm hooked!!! The one I use is 80cals for 30g,so I make it 40 extra cals for another 15g. As hex's seem to be 120 cals,or 6 syns I've been having 45g.

10. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

There are particular low fat cheeses that can't be used as a HEA and feta is one of them unfortunately. You can only have full fat feta as a HEA but the low fat one can be used as a HEB if you are on a green day.

Halloumi is the same - 35g full fat as a HEA, 45g reduced fat but only as a HEB and only on the green plan

It's another reason why I love the green plan ;)

11. nicolajr1986

nicolajr1986 Well-Known Member

I didnt know there was a low fat halloumi - thanks for this! Were obsessed :)

12. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Well-Known Member

Didn't know that about halloumi! I love it and love green days so bonus x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

13. Firsttimer

Firsttimer Well-Known Member

Great info thanks