TFR and Gallstones

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all in here desperate for some advice please.

First off a bit of back story..... Started feeling unwell about 4 years ago and after some investigating by the GP he thought i had Acid Reflux and was told to take omeprazole and gaviscon if it flared up. Took the meds and avoided the foods that generally set me off. Now a couple weeks ago it started to flare up again but this time it was with all foods not just my triggers. Basically everything i ate caused horrible pain and vomiting. Went back to the GP who thinks the reflux diagnosis wasnt accurate and im now waiting for an ultrasound to see if i do have gallstones.

Im now so fed up with the pain and vomiting, makes it impossible to live a normal life as i never know when its going to start. Having used TFR products before as it helped and never caused me any symptoms makes me tempted to try them again to see if it helps. Not for weight loss purposes but simply so my body is getting some form of nutrients without causing me pain.

PLEASE say its possible to use TFR as im just so desperate atm! :(

Thanks for the reply, this makes me so happy to know i can use the shakes. I've been using some excess Exante stock i had from last year until my new order comes next week. Have only ordered the 50 box as i hope this will be enough to settle things down. If now i'll have to buy more i guess.

Will have a look at your diary soon :)

My GP is so anti VLCD its unbelieveable! When i first wanted to try one a few years back i got the lecture about the dangers and that id put all the weight back on as quick. Not worth the hassle of asking again. But if it flares up again whilst using the shakes then i'll tell her. If it works and doesnt cause me problems then i'll carry on.

Any diet can cause stones good or bad. I was doing alli through my dr and had progressive weight loss at a good pace. After I was diagnosed with stones I was so limited that I chose to use this vlcd so I would at least get nutrients. I am just lucky enough (in an odd way) that I needed to lose weight so it was a win win for me. I think part of the reason the find people on vlcd have gallstones is because a lot of them were obese to begin with. Eating a fatty diet high in cholesterol can cause stones too. So either way some people are screwed. It can also be a type hereditary thing. Either way you get them they suck.

Lou50 said:
There has been a fair bit of research done on VLCD's and their link to gallstones. VLCD's can cause gallstones but then again so can making yourself into pate de fois gras with food so I'm happy to take the risk. There is a fair bit on the internet about it.

I love your 'pate de fois gras' description. As for some that is the scary truth. Took me a minute to understand though. Haha

To be hgonest i think id rather take the risk of using TFR to avoid pain as its better than not eating at all. Least this way im getting some kind of nutrition and the weights coming off too which is an added bonus i never actually considered when i started on Thurs!

I knew gallstones were a risk with a VLCD due to the rapid weightloss but theres no point worrying about that now really. Sort of like shutting the gate once the horse has bolted.

Will check the net for info.

Back