Thai Buffet tomorrow, any Tips?

Sophia

Help please, off to a Thai Buffet tomorrow with friends. Do you have any tips on what I should eat, or what I should steer clear off (other than the obvious rice and batter). Also, should I still have my 3 shakes/soups or should I only have 2 as I am having a meal out? Thanks.

Oh yum yum, I love Thai. If it were me, I'd only have 1 shake as I don't get hungry, and mostly keep to the protein, seafood, chicken, beef etc, and don't eat too much. But enjoy it, and don't beat yourself up about 1 day off the diet. I went to a barbie, and kept to chicken, seafood and salad and it had no effect on my weight loss.

Thanks, I'll do 3 shakes and keep on the meat and fish. All went well, I didn't want to eat any where near the quantities I would have eaten before. Stuck to the protein and salad / veg as much as possible, most did come with sauces though :-( . Determined not to weigh before next Sunday' s WI so I don't see if a gained a bit. One meal shouldn't be a problem (I hope).

Last edited:
That sounds really sensible Sophia, well done you! :)

Wow!! Well done! Chinese buffets are one of me and my boyfriends favourite meals out (hence why I'm overweight!!) So I'm apprehensive about going again but as long as you stick to meat and things not in sweet sauces or batter then you can still eat out and enjoy it!!

Good on you Sophia! :)

Back