Thai Green Curry

abiroses18

Hi all
I am trying to make Thai green curry on slimming world and tesco had run out of the reduced fat coconut milk so I bought the pataks coconut sachets. I think 50g in 19 syns. But what should I add it to? Milk? I don't have any ff yoghurt, but I do have ff fromage frais. Help!

Either boiling water or you just chop it up and stir it directlty into the dish.

HTH

know this is an old old thread, but was looking for syns for the thai curry pastes you can buy from asda. we have a red one, before slimming world i wouldnt have thought of syns but come to think of it, wonder if its syns? ill have to have a look at the ingredients.

anyway, for thai curries, i use extra light philli, chicken breast pieces, peppers onions and mushrooms and some basmati or wild rice for the side. it really is lovely, a lovely alternative as coconut milk is so high in fat.

I made a Thai green curry yesterday using extra light soft cheese. I cooked the chicken, added 220g of extra light soft cheese , Tesco Thai green curry paste (taste preference but 1 tbsp 1 syn), 4 tbsp skimmed milk. Mix till all melted and warm then I served it on egg fried Brown rice. Tastes lovely and a low syn alternate. 1 hexa for cheese as served 2 and milk and depending on plan can be used on all plans. I was on green so measured my chicken, if on red measure rice and if doing ee stick in super free veg.

Is rice still an heb on red? I know it used to be but I thought it wasnt anymore? I do this recipe for my hubby, got it off the philly web site, I dont like thai curry myself. I use the blue dragon curry paste, its really hot phew!

I've got a friend at group who swears by using the coconut Mullers as an alternative to the coconut milk, not been brave enough yet myself lol

Mmmm dont think I would like that either to be honest. Someone in our group makes a coronation chicken with orange mullerlight, sounds horrible to me, but then again, I dont like coronation chicken anyway!And pos bird, I like curries hot hot hot too, but not thai ones. But buy me a lamb vindaloo and I'm your friend for life ha ha

Yes all sauces and pastes like this have syns. You can work them out from the nutritional info using 1 syn for every 20 calories :)

i did look it up in the end, 1 syn for tablespoon and that tablespoon went around 4 people lol so quarter of a syn plus the extra light philli which i weighed to be safe

I did find it mild and I got the recipe from the same site. I like mine spicy.

use the red paste :) its spicy. the green one is like lemon grass and funny things, so it aint spicy at all. im a wuss i prefer the green lol the one we had this week though we used red and it was hot

Back