Extra Easy That guilty feeling.......................but is the food ok? advice please!

juleswood

Hi All,

I am having a crisis of conscience and I'm only in week two of SW! I was wondering if anyone else has this guilty feeling after eating a huge plate full of food....................even if (I think) its all syn free?

So, having only a couple of hours between shifts today, I was craving stodge, and this is what I have just devoured!

4 rashers of bacon...grilled...all fat removed.
1/2 tin of light choices baked beans.
1 fried egg.....in fry light spray.
SW chips ....2 medium potatoes.
1 slice of Wholemeal bread ........HEA

I feel like such a greedy cow even typing it!

Is that really all ok on the EE plan? Or have I seriously just made a big mistake? I feel like I did whenever I had a blowout and then felt rubbish because of my weight.

I realise this all sounds a bit dramatic....just need a bit of help to know if it was ok or not?

Thank you!!

Jules x

Dipsy, that is music to my ears!!!! Just seemed so much and so unhealthy! Will be living on fruit for the rest of the evening so that should balance it out!

Hope you are doing well too!

Jules xxxx

All free food on EE :)

Just one thing to watch though - with EE you should be eating 1/3 of your plate superfree - fruit and non-starchy veg (beans, peas, sweetcorn etc don't count). Ideally you're meant to have this alongside your meal as it fills you up and make you eat less of the rest.

As common sense would say too, you should only be eating until you're full but as far as blow outs go - I think you've achieved what a lot of the rest of us are still unable to - a free SW blow out!

Thanks Aw Bless, I now what you mean, as an unhealthy meal goes, atleast it is still syn free! just hoping I will see a loss on Sunday weigh in, will keep plodding on!

Hope its all going well with you too,

Jules xxxx

It always does sound amazing just what you can eat on SW. Maybe because people sometimes think of it as a diet, rather than a new way of life, it does seem quite mind blowing. Follow the extra advice from aw-bless too and you won't go far wrong. Eat and enjoy!! :)

Kathy

Just don't forget to stop eating when you are full. It's great everything being free but over eating is not going to do you any favours. Free food and portion control ?

I'm only on my first week and still getting to grips with it and I doubt what I'm eating all the time so I understand what you mean. I never ate a lot before starting but what I did eat was rubbish so I'm trying to change my mindset into understanding I can eat more as long as its the right things, because eating too little can be just as bad as eating too much. First weigh in tomorrow and I'm scared because I really don't feel any different! :s

Also, pretty sure 1 x slice wholemeal bread (400g loaf) is a HEB, not HEA. Or am I wrong? Lol, no doubt someone who hasn't mislaid their book under piles of mess on the sofa will correct me if so. lol! But yeah, you seem to be doing more than fine :)

Yeah the bread is hex b but otherwise all fine, just try add some more superfree next time. Grilled mushrooms and tomatoes are perfect with that kind of meal :)

Guys, this is why this site is so good! Thank you for all your advice..........and sorry I got the healthy Extra Wrong, Ive made a list now and pinned it to a cupboard in the kitchen to remind me!!!!

Wonderfish, good luck with your weigh in, let me know how you get on!!!

I think I'm getting my head round it slowly, and everyone on here is such a huge help!

Going to an outside concert tomorrow so going shopping for all healthy bits for the picnic, rather than the usual sausage rolls, quiche etc!

Good Luck all xxxx

This 'diet' or as I like to call it - new way of life really does work! Last night I had a HUGE plate of local yummy new potatoes (& when I say huge, I mean I had about 7 at least), half the plate was just potatoes! I treated myself to Youngs cod in butter sauce (5.5 syns - be careful different brands are different syns)! Breakfast I'd had 2 x portobello mushrooms, 2 x fried eggs and half a tin of beans, during the day a Danio yogurt and an Alpen light and some other bits. I thought the potatoes would show up on my weigh in this morning (on the wii) but nope, it went down! And sorry to give too much info but that's without a visit to the loo as well! I sometimes wonder where the heck it goes.. but somehow your body burns it off at night. Just remember if you feel like you've had a 'big meal' (you should NEVER feel like you've stuffed yourself!!) drink plenty of water afterwards - that helps.
I also try and drink some water BEFORE a meal so I don't eat AS much, although yesterday I did that and still ate all my potatoes, haha x

Its true Minxie minx, funnily enough when I had that big meal I didn't even feel stuffed! Bit embarrassing but true! How do you find the wii? are you using it for exercise? Ive been using it for an hour each day, and really enjoy it, this week however I have been working til god knows when and been running around like crazy so haven't done it. Just hoping for even a 1/2lb loss this Sunday. Off to Sheffield to visit the in laws this weekend, and at 90 years old they do like their pies and stodge!

Onwards and Upwards though this week, going to try my hardest to stick with it this weekend, am looking at slimmer people and not thinking 'I wish I was like that'......but 'I'm so excited that I look like that one day'...........

Just realised I'm rambling now too!

Sorry!

Jules xxxx

When I first bought my Wii Fit.. many years ago now, well about 5 or more? I did use it for the exercise & it was good :) Now, the other half & I ONLY use it to have our own 'weigh in' in the week, haha. Every morning we step on - never on the weekends ;)

Just try your best, if you happened to binge etc, it's not the end of the world. Get back on plan the very next day & eat lots of superspeed foods and it won't even affect you that much! Trust me, I've done it. Always look at your OVERALL loss never the small gains! I always look at my graph (below) whenever I have a gain and just look at the line overall, going down! Don't deny yourself the odd treats etc, that's what the syns are there for. I wasn't using them at first and was told off by my consultant. The minute I started using around 6 a day the weight came off faster! Strange I know! Obviously I wouldn't advise using your syns JUST for junk. I tend to use them on 'healthy' extras like Danio yoghurts or an extra alpen bar and so on! xx

When I first bought my Wii Fit.. many years ago now, well about 5 or more? I did use it for the exercise & it was good :) Now, the other half & I ONLY use it to have our own 'weigh in' in the week, haha. Every morning we step on - never on the weekends ;)

Just try your best, if you happened to binge etc, it's not the end of the world. Get back on plan the very next day & eat lots of superspeed foods and it won't even affect you that much! Trust me, I've done it. Always look at your OVERALL loss never the small gains! I always look at my graph (below) whenever I have a gain and just look at the line overall, going down! Don't deny yourself the odd treats etc, that's what the syns are there for. I wasn't using them at first and was told off by my consultant. The minute I started using around 6 a day the weight came off faster! Strange I know! Obviously I wouldn't advise using your syns JUST for junk. I tend to use them on 'healthy' extras like Danio yoghurts or an extra alpen bar and so on! xx

It's funny you should say that about syns. I never ate very much before joining SW and my mate used to say that was part of the problem, because I wasn't eating enough I wouldn't lose any weight but my brain was telling me otherwise. I tried weight watchers but even though I had 32 points a day to eat I was only eating 24/26 convincing myself that was better. I'm finding SW much easier as I'm not counting food but it is taking some doing to get my brain around eating a plate of food. I lost 6lb in my first week last week so I'm doing something right now!

Back