That old refeed length debate...

teddybearyoyo

Ahhh I am so frustrated with my refeed plan!
I had intended to start my refeed plan on December 14th for 1 week, taking me to Dec 21st where I had intended to enjoy my Christmas period until Dec 26th when I would begin SW.
I've just spoken to my dad (who successfully did LT a few years ago) and he reckons that 1 week refeed isn't long enough for me as I'll have done over 100 days on Lipotrim and he now suggests a 2 week refeed. This means I'd need to start the refeed on December 7th and I just don't think I'll be at my target weight by then as I had a poor loss this week of only 2 pounds and now I've got myself all flustered !!!!!!!!

What are you all planning for refeeds? 1 week or 2 weeks? Do you think the 2 week refeed is a safer bet in the long run to make sure I dont pile the weight all back on?? Life xxx

:mad:

I will be in a very similar position to you with regard to start date and time spent on LT. I plan on finishing on the 6th Dec and starting re-feed on the 7th for 2 weeks.

Your loss so far has been great so I wouldn't get too worried over a couple of lbs. In my opinion, you'd be better having 2 weeks re-feeding and easing yourself into healthy eating (long term) which may help you lose a few more lbs in the future :)

Let us know what you decide to do! Good luck :)

its very likely you will lose during refeed anyway (which has and is happening to me as mentioned in my diary) so i wouldnt fret too much

h x

I'm definitely doing two. I'm starting tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on :)

I'm just so scared of gaining back weight as a result of not replenishing glycogen properly, it seems a sensible way to go about it. Better safe than sorry!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks very much you guys !!!

Yes SagVTR after careful consideration I have decided that a 2 week refeed probably is the best way to go!! I was just depressed thinking I'd gain during refeed hahaha but Harriet that is great to know that you're losing throughout so I'd be veryyyyyyyyyyyyy happy if that happens for me!!!!! I just really dont want to gain, even a few pounds lol!!

Kirby I am still so confused about how to do a 2 week refeed seeing as the plan is a daily 1 week one! Will u let me know how to do it???
Im still confused do you do day 1 two days running, and then day 2 two days running etc etc? Or do you do the week 1 as normal and then start again week 2? haha I am useless!! xxx

Week one as normal, then just start it over from day one again! Pharmacist says it's a good idea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Im planning on doing 2 weeks too... Im finishing TFR on the 4th of Decemeber and we beginning refeed on the 5th. Im unsure how to go about it though :confused: Like should I do day 1 twice, day 2 twice etc any advice? x

I'm following the week day by day to the letter, in case any deviation causes some sort of ketosis set back! And I'll see how my weight loss (or sameness, or gain) fares, and if it's looking shaky, I'll repeat the week :)

Hi, just thought I'd throw my comment in :) I have previously don't a looooooing stint on LT and lost heaps of weight. I was scared and so did a two week refeed, I also continued to lose while refeeding, around 2lbs per wk I think?
I did 2 x day 1, 2 x day 2 etc. my rationale for this was, by day 7 u have effectively completed the refeed, u will have introduced all food groups and replenished you glycogen store. Therefore u r just putting urself on a strict regimen the second week, not "refeeding" as it were. That's my understanding of it :)
Anyhow, GOOD LUCK, ur all doing fab!!! Exciting times xx

Hi, just thought I'd throw my comment in :) I have previously don't a looooooing stint on LT and lost heaps of weight. I was scared and so did a two week refeed, I also continued to lose while refeeding, around 2lbs per wk I think?
I did 2 x day 1, 2 x day 2 etc. my rationale for this was, by day 7 u have effectively completed the refeed, u will have introduced all food groups and replenished you glycogen store. Therefore u r just putting urself on a strict regimen the second week, not "refeeding" as it were. That's my understanding of it :)
Anyhow, GOOD LUCK, ur all doing fab!!! Exciting times xx

Brilliant, thank u very very much !!!!!!!!
Getting excited now about refeed, just can't believe that this day 2 weeks I'll be re-introudcing food... just cant imagine it haha axx

Oooh another question, can I go back to my chewing gum during refeed?????????????? lol
Or must I wait until refeeds over xxx

Back