Step 1 Sole Source The 12th week step up??

gemjar

Climbing the mountain...
I'm currently on week 10 of SS. My cwpc has said I need to go up a step for week 12. I'm guessing this is to keep in touch with food?! The first time I did this diet I had finished before week 12 came and I'm wondering if it really is necessary to go up to step 2?

I'm having quite slow losses at the moment and really don't want to slow things down any more as the week after I have a friends wedding to go to. And then have another wedding 2 weeks after that!

Has anyone gone up a step and still lost? Or alternatively not gone up a step and carried on as per?!

Cambridge have to advise that you go up a step for a week, as NICE Guidelines state you should only follow a VLCD for 12 weeks at a time. You will still lose weight on 810, after all you are still consuming an awful lot less calories than you were pre diet. You may also find it kickstarts your metabolism a little bit. I am counting down the days until my 810 week - can't wait!!!!

To be fair to NICE, when they were drawing up the guidelines, they couldn't find any research about subjects who'd followed a VLCD for more than 12 weeks. :D So they had to conclude it might not be a good idea, despite there being no evidence to the contrary. :)

As Caz says, it may well give your metabolism a nice kick and trigger off some bigger losses again.

Thanks caz n lily!

Really don't know what to do for the best! May delay the 12 week 810 plan until after the last wedding so it will b my 15th week! I shall see how the losses go and decide closer to the time!

What absolute tosh with advising things but having little or no evidence to back it up!

Back