The 4 minute cheese crisp...

J2BLUE

Low Carber
I've just perfected the perfect cheese crisp in 4 minutes!

Using 50g cheddar:

210 calories
17g fat (some comes out in cooking but most remains when it's left to reset for about a minute)
12.5g protein
0g carbs

That's like the perfect snack surely?

Anyway I got a shallow glass dish and covered the bottom with 50g cheese and microwaved for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. It came out perfect. One big cheese crisp.

I'm not claiming to have invented this obviously as I had never heard of it before coming here but I thought it might be the perfect binge saver snack. Just before people are about to blow the diet and dive into the crisps and junk food one of these might just satisfy the junk food need in
very quick time.

As us food scientists have to make certain I made another one straight after. Perfect again!

Sounds really yummy! I must give it a try at the weekend! :)

I do mine on grease proof paper for about the same time. Yep they are great! (saves the washing up!)

I made my first last night. 6 little piles of grated cheese on one of those blue baking sheets. They took about 15mins on 200c in a fan oven. Steve tried them this morning & said they were FAB! BTW, I sprinkled salt & pepper on them before they cooled :D

Last edited:
Mouth has already started to water!!! Lol

hmmmm, methinks I has snackage plans for the weekend! :D

Sounds a good idea! I'm all for new binge - averters!

I've just perfected the perfect cheese crisp in 4 minutes!

Using 50g cheddar:

210 calories
17g fat (some comes out in cooking but most remains when it's left to reset for about a minute)
12.5g protein
0g carbs

That's like the perfect snack surely?

Anyway I got a shallow glass dish and covered the bottom with 50g cheese and microwaved for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. It came out perfect. One big cheese crisp.

I'm not claiming to have invented this obviously as I had never heard of it before coming here but I thought it might be the perfect binge saver snack. Just before people are about to blow the diet and dive into the crisps and junk food one of these might just satisfy the junk food need in
very quick time.

As us food scientists have to make certain I made another one straight after. Perfect again!

just made a batch. yummy and very crunchy

do the actually feel like crisps? i think i would love this

im going to tesco............ (doors slam)

Back