The bingers' "don't do it!!!" thread

BerryGirl

SHORT VERSION

Post here if you're struggling not to overeat/binge right this minute.

Tell us why you want to eat, what you want to eat and what you're doing to try and get through the moment without eating!:)

LONG VERSION

Hi all.

Newbie here. Introduced myself in the Intro section, weighed myself and started trying to get a grip on my eating. I am a terrible binger (or an expert binger, whichever way you look at it ;)). I know if I can only stop the bingeing I will lose weight without really dieting.

Anyhoo, last night I had an argument on the phone with my boyfriend and that sort of thing is a MASSIVE binge-trigger for me.

And to stop myself from eating I came on here and read some of the threads in this section and that got me through (god bless Minimins!).

But it occurred to me that if there had been a thread like this one, I'd have posted why I was feeling like eating etc and that would have allowed me to "vent" to people who would understand what the urge to overeat feels like and also, on the offchance that someone was online and looking, they might have been there to give a word of encouragement.

Thought it might be nice for us to have a thread that we could run to at times when we're trying desperately to keep away from the fridge?

I dunno... what do you think?
:eek:

Sounds sensible! I've been posting in my diary on CC forum when I've battled the dread binge lol

I'm battling it now actually. No real reason just not very well and a little down and I have to cook tea for my kids which I've been delaying for last half hr coz I know in the kitchen surrounded by sausages an chicken nuggets is a bad place to be right now!!!! Think I'm pulling a self sabotage at the mo as my diet has been really good for a whole week now!

Anyway I'm off to face down my own kitchen before my poor kids starve!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm batteling it now. My Mam brought down some easter eggs that she had for the kids and they are just sitting in the kitchen right now calling to me. Gonna go to bed soon to get away from them lol.

Well done, Katherine - you sound pretty determined!

Hope you get to bed before the chocolate demon gets ya!

xxxx

I'm on the tail end of a 2 or 3 week binge that i can't seem to snap out of :cry: Lost 8 pounds on a total food replacement diet but after one week felt so weak and tired i started eating because i had to start a new job two days later which i was petrified about....... anyway i tried just eating the atkins way for a couple of days , thinking it would limit the damage, but i still felt lethargic and crap - and every since i've been on a permenant binge of all things i shouldnt have but can't think about any thing else. I've put on a whole stone which is double what i lost in the first place.

Why do i do it? I think the reason is different everytime, going back to work full time has been really draining - going to the gym every night has been lowest on my list of priorities and even when i drag myself there i feel totally not into it and drained rather than energised.....food is the only thing making me feel good right now , it's my life raft ........ :sigh:

Hey Elemental! Hugs to you!

I know that sometimes I can get stuck in a vicious cycle, which goes something like this -

OMG I am so greedy and fat! I hate myself! I've undone all my good work with this greed! Why can't I just stop stuffing my face? I just need to stop! Oh my god all this ebating myself up has got me so stressed that I need to eat to calm me down.... etc etc

Have you tried forgiving yourself?

Lily Tomlin said -

"Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past".

I've been binging for about 6 weeks now. It doesn't usually last this long and am really struggling to get out of it. Have tried all sorts of things, but I keep going back to the chocolate and pasties (my two weaknesses). I want so desperately to get back on track but can't find the motivation or determination to do it. :(

Elemental said:
I'm on the tail end of a 2 or 3 week binge that i can't seem to snap out of :cry: Lost 8 pounds on a total food replacement diet but after one week felt so weak and tired i started eating because i had to start a new job two days later which i was petrified about....... anyway i tried just eating the atkins way for a couple of days , thinking it would limit the damage, but i still felt lethargic and crap - and every since i've been on a permenant binge of all things i shouldnt have but can't think about any thing else. I've put on a whole stone which is double what i lost in the first place.

Why do i do it? I think the reason is different everytime, going back to work full time has been really draining - going to the gym every night has been lowest on my list of priorities and even when i drag myself there i feel totally not into it and drained rather than energised.....food is the only thing making me feel good right now , it's my life raft ........ :sigh:

Total food replacement sounds like really hard work! I'm not surprised if you fell off that wagon with a big bump!! And again Atkins can feel very restrictive with that big list of things that are banned!! Have you tried a diet that works in treats and normal food choices? I find if I ban things completely then I'm much much more likely to end up stuffing those things down my neck after a week!!!

Total food replacement sounds like really hard work! I'm not surprised if you fell off that wagon with a big bump!! And again Atkins can feel very restrictive with that big list of things that are banned!! Have you tried a diet that works in treats and normal food choices? I find if I ban things completely then I'm much much more likely to end up stuffing those things down my neck after a week!!!

Yeah i tried that too but i end up conning myself, i am a very talented conwoman....i can talk myself into and out of things at will and i'm completely oblivious :rolleyes:

I convince myself that if i eat a little extra at lunch then i will skimp on dinner, then at dinner when i'm super hungry or there is just a little more than a portion left after dishing up i will convince myself that i will skimp on breakfast or work harder at the gym or whatever, the self-deciet goes on and on and on. I guess the truth is i am much happier clinging to my life raft , so long as i can avoid looking at myself and really understand how my health is affected i will continue on this path of silently killing myself with comfort....

:(

Im bad in the middle of the night i dont sleep well and its so hard when the kids etc are all sleeping and i cant do anything to distract myself

Hi- what a brilliant thread. I just came on here as I am desperate to eat at the moment an needed a distraction so this thread is perfect for me right now!!

I really want some chocolate. I have been on a food replacement diet for 2 months now and although I am resigned to feeling hungry and having cravings sometimes they are a little intense!!

I hope that by talking about it and updating this thread it will pass :(

I am under a stone away from being a healthy Bmi and I will be in the 10's by the end of the week if I stick with it. I don't want to sabotage myself when I am getting so close to goal.

I have just got myself a litre of water to glug, stay strong!!!

Ooh yes, stay strong, Samndud! You have come so far and you are so close to being where you want to be!

How are you feeling now?

I am queen binge !! Not at this precise moment but am sure you will see me here soon lol x

Binge avoided. After writing on here I went for a walk- did my washing, looked at some lovely clothes on the net that I can wear when I get to goal and have not eaten off plan, yay!! :)

Early to mid afternoons are definitely my danger time. I think I will need to develop binge avoidance tactics forever as I don't think the battle with your head ever goes away :(

Well done you! Avoiding binge tactics is a great idea. I think we all need to do that. My worst is in the evenings because I come home to an empty house and am on my own til the next day! Last night was good though because I went to the gym later than usual so by the time I got home and had dinner I didn't feel the urge to binge! Xx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

What an excellent thread!! At the moment I seam to be ok not binged since joined sw! But if I get the urge now can hopefully be strong enough to post on here instead!! My problem used to be kfc or mcdonalds drive throughs on way home from work then also having tea and hiding the evidence!! now I get the train so as well as having to walk to/ from station/work/home I don't go near them!! First time I've been to mcdonalds drive through since joining was Tuesday when got hubby tea!! I resisted the urge for a double cheese burger!! :) x

Back