Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The Breath Monster!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by ChocolateChip, 21 August 2008 Social URL.

1. ChocolateChip

ChocolateChip Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    When I started LL I was told about the fact your breath can honk abit and that you cannot have chewing gum etc. But can have mouthwash and mouth spray.
    I use mouth spray but am still consious that my breath is bad and don't know what to do! I get embaressed at work and don't really like looking at people when I talk to them as I don't want them to think I don't clean my teeth. I haven't really told anyone I'm doing LL so have no excuse to give really!
    Just wondered how you guys have combated this stinky situation!?

Also..why are we not allowed sugar-free gum?

Thankkks :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Sorry I cannot advise as I am one of the very very lucky ones who have had no problem with breath. But I am sure someone will be around.

I don;t know about gum - even though there is no sugar in it, it may contain things that affect ketosis - or, it might stimulate hunger?

Hang in there!!

4. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    We are not allowed gum because it contains citric acid which can bring you out of Ketosis!! (not a good idea!!). Carry a mouthspray with you as you can use that as often as you need. I was also one of the lucky ones who never got the really bad breath but still carry a mouthspray to cover the coffee breath :D

5. annaphylactic

annaphylactic Guess who's back...?

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ooh, I was worrying about the same thing. I don't start until Monday, but I did get 'breath' issues while on Atkins and would like to stock up on mouthspray before I start!! Are they all ok? Are there some brands or types you should avoid (i.e. they must be sugar free?)...??

Annaphylactic x

6. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    We were told by our LLC that the only one to use is GOLDSPOT. :)

7. jash

jash Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    Hi,

I find with all the liquids that your teeth end up with a coating and the only way to remove it is by brushing which helps with the breath. I brush my teeth 3 times a day now. Also try a tongue scraper as most bacteria in your mouth is on the tongue I believe.

Hope this helps,
    jash:giggle:

8. Lisa Bigger Bum

Lisa Bigger Bum Full Member

The lovely side affects we get, I am one of the unlucky ones got the lot, breath of a dragon, weeing like a race horse and trumping like a camel (although this has stopped within the last 3 weeks, thankfully) I am an animal i know :giggle:

I use listerine stips and they have not affected ketosis in any way, I get through about 3 packs a week. :p :giggle:

Hey I may be a beast but becoming an ever slimmer one with lovely fresh breath :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.