The Brits

jaylou

Gold Member
Just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I did think the Best British Group nominees were a little odd? No One Direction, The Wanted or JLS???

Anyway, my little query....

Was George Michael somewhat intoxicated or just nervous? He does look well but was a bit slurry!!

I thought the same - JLS should have been in there rather than the drab and dreary groups they had!

I don't even know who was nominated but I think they often try to give awards to credible artists rather than your standard bubblegum pop groups, which is a shame because the bublegum is normally well better.

George Michael didn't used to have an undershot jaw. That must have happened in prison.

Sorry, I'm going to disagree on this one. I'm pleased Coldplay won, and would have much rather they won than the likes of One Direction, The Wanted, etc.

As much as I like OD and TW, I wouldn't class them as "Best British Band" - they haven't been around long enough to claim that, IMO.

Didn't watch all of the Brits, so missed George Michael. Going to catch up on it as I'd like to have seen Rihanna & Bruno Mars' performances - how teeny is Bruno Mars by the way!? Cute :D

i saw a bit at the start last night...ed sheeran was amazing,coldplay i quite enjoyed and i dont normally like them!
hoping its on catch up and i can watch later - if i can im looking forward to rihanna as i heard she sang we found love and i absolutely love that song!

I was gutted Jessie didnt get beast breakthrough although Ed's a deserving winner, i love him too.

One direction best single uggghhhhhhh

Rihanna needs to just stop now, lets face it her career rocketed since THAT incident with CB, but for then to have a go at people because some are now not supporting her as she's decided to let him back in her life is a bit much much. She needs to accept that not everyone is going to agree with her decision.

ejgemmag said:
I was gutted Jessie didnt get beast breakthrough although Ed's a deserving winner, i love him too.

One direction best single uggghhhhhhh

Rihanna needs to just stop now, lets face it her career rocketed since THAT incident with CB, but for then to have a go at people because some are now not supporting her as she's decided to let him back in her life is a bit much much. She needs to accept that not everyone is going to agree with her decision.

Why what did she say?

basically she was saying that shes thankful to her fans who are sticking with her no matter what and having a dig at those who have decided not to support her

To be fair to her though, whose business is it what goes on in her personal life?

I absolutely love Rihanna, I have a bit of a girl crush on her and I don't much care about her private life. She is stunning and her music is amazing!

Just my humble opinion. I also like "bubblegum pop" too and can't stand Coldplay.

I've been thinking about this today, whilst the programme was fab and the music was great, it is all a bit engineered - best group voted by Radio 2 listeners, it was never going to be The Wanted or One Direction, best single voted by Capital FM listeners (or something like that).....

Not sure how else it could work other than open voting - but, as a music show I really enjoyed it.

I absolutely love Rihanna, I have a bit of a girl crush on her and I don't much care about her private life. She is stunning and her music is amazing!

I agree- I would love to be RiRi!

As for the show..It is all manufactured and that's what annoys me, You can guess the winners as soon as they announce the nominees- I think it's maybe only Breakthrough Artist that has any credibility these days. Even then, I guess the artist whose record label can afford the biggest backhander wins.

It's like that time Leeds & Reading beat Live8 to Best Live Event at the NME awards a few years ago. Bob Geldof quite rightly pointed out that he wasn't suprised given that Leeds & Reading were sponsored by the same sponsor of the Awards- Carling.

As for Coldplay- I prefer to pretend they don't exist. So run of the mill. I would prefer at least somone with an opinion to win rather than a robot (*cough* Chris Martin *cough*).

Wow, I'm shocked at how many people actually dislike Coldplay :eek: I love them!

Well it wouldn't do us all to be the same!

Yeah, probably.
Though my daughter, who was always a "take them or leave them" kind of girl, was a complete convert after seeing them live.

Chris Martin had the whole of Wembley Stadium eating out of his hand.
I wouldn't have believed that somebody so apparently "vanilla" could be such an electric performer!

I've seen Coldplay 4 times, once when they played a tiny gig after Yellow first came out and 3 times at various festivals at diferrent rungs of the celebrity ladder. I can still safely say I don't like them, just not for me, although I do have pretty heavy taste in music.

One band who did convert me after seeing them live: Muse.

Back