The brutal truth...

beauty is...

I've been doing really well on SW so far but, inevitably, my weight loss has started to slow. I fully expected this as it's happened on every single diet I've done to date! However, this time I'm prepared for it and I'm not letting it get to me! I vowed when I started that when the slow down begins I'll keep a food diary in order to see what I'm doing right and where I could improve. Of course, any advice is very much welcomed!

Wk1 6lbs
Wk2 6lbs
Wk3 4lbs
Wk4 2lbs.

So tonight I'll post what I've had today and hope to do the same each day. Wish me luck!

I've a spare five minutes so here's today's diary. I'll just make sure I don't sway from what I've written down!

Breakfast
Omelette made with 2 eggs, 2 shallots, teaspoon sweetener, splash balsamic vinegar a slice of ham and parmesan cheese (hex a)

Lunch
Homemade lentil and veg soup
2 alpen light cherry bakewell (hex b)
Large orange.

Snack
Banana

Dinner
2 linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages
Half tin of beans
Warburtons sandwich thin (6syns)
Quarter of a honeydew melon

Snack
Pack of 65 calorie crisps (3.5 syns)
Curly wurly (6 syns)

Total of 15.5 syns. Oops. I'll need to give my husband a bite of my curly wurly ;)

I'm aware I've not included speed veg but I've nothing in my fridge, hence the strange dinner choice! I'll be at the shops tomorrow. Will do better!

You've done better than I did in my first month. I rarely loose more than 1lb a week, I've just had to learn to live with it, a lb down is still going down even if it will take 2 1/2 yrs to get to target

I think the trick is accepting it. I hope that by recognising my bingeing triggers and accepting the diet no quick fix, I'll be able to move forward all the time. Even if it is just half a pound a week!

Phew! What a hectic morning I've had! School runs, the big shop done, helping in school and now home to sit and have some lunch.

Today's food will be:
Breakfast
Muller light peanut and caramel (amazing!)
2 slices thin ham
Handful of fresh raspberries

Lunch
Bowl of homemade lentil and veg soup
2 small wholemeal slices of bread (hexb)
2 laughing cow light triangles (hexa)
Apple

Dinner
Pizza topped chicken - sw recipe
Sweet potato wedges
Frozen yoghurt ice lolly (4syns?)

Snacks
Curly wurly 6 syns
61 calorie crisps 3 syns

Totals 13 syns. Though I think I'll have to syn my laughing cow since there is cheese on my chicken pizza. 4 syns maybe?

Writing from a snowy cold Scotland! Still doing well with motivation and eating well. Food for today will be:

Breakfast
2 eggs fried in fry light
3 slices thin ham

Lunch
Bowl of lentil and veg soup
2 small slices wholemeal bread (hexb)
4 laughing cow light triangles (hexa)
Apple

Dinner
2 slices of roast beef
Roast potatoes
Carrots peas brocolli
Bisto gravy (2syns)
Frozen yoghurt lolly (4syns)

Snacks
Bowl of strawberries
61 calorie crisps (3syns)

Was meant to be having chicken curry for tea but forgot to take the chicken out the freezer. Duh!

Total of 9 syns today.

Last edited:
So super annoyed with myself. :mad:
My OH went out for a game of snooker at 1oclock. He was supposed to be back to have tea with the kids and I.... he arrived home in a very sorry state at half 10!! Anyway, I did well and stuck to plan until the minute the kids were tucked up in bed...then I blew it! As I've said before, being alone is my major trigger for binge eating but recently I've been able to manage it. I think tonight I struggled because it wasn't expected plus I was in a terrible mood by then. So I need to add a knickerbocker glory ice cream cone, a packet of crisps, white bread and butter and an alpen light bar. Not good....
I've taken myself off to bed in the hope that the man person falls asleep in a drunken state on the couch and wakes up cold with a crick in his neck :p
Serves him right!

So last night's binge has left me feeling guilty today. I'm completely disorganised and forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer again! I'm in danger of over compensating for yesterday so I'm making an extra effort to be good!

Breakfast
Banana
Muller light

Lunch
Chicken noodle mugshot
Light cottage cheese
3 slices thin ham
Tomatoes
Apple
Alpen light jaffa (1/2 hexb)

Dinner
Omelette of 3 eggs, shallots, brocolli, balsamic vinegar, 30g cheddar (hexa), side salad.

Snacks
61 calorie bag of crisps (3syns)

Total of 3 syns today.

I get like that in the evenings as my partner don't get in till late you get board an end up picking I think you just have to find ways to distract yourself read a magazine or I do some cleaning otherwise my mind is going an I know I'm not hungry but I'm still going to it, as for the hubby I would of given him a make over with lipstick an fake tan lmao

I get like that in the evenings as my partner don't get in till late you get board an end up picking I think you just have to find ways to distract yourself read a magazine or I do some cleaning otherwise my mind is going an I know I'm not hungry but I'm still going to it, as for the hubby I would of given him a make over with lipstick an fake tan lmao

Ha! He woke up on the couch at half 2by which time the kids had climbed in beside me. He had to sleep in the little ones princess bed! X

Another hectic morning but, as I had pre planned my meals I managed just fine. I was invited to a friends for lunch so I took along my own bread! I'm sure she thinks I'm nuts!

Breakfast
2 eggs scrambled
2 rashers bacon without fat
Kiwi fruit

Lunch
Ham sandwich with 2 small slices of wholemeal bread (hexb)
Raw salad veg
Apple

Dinner
Pasta in homemade tomato sauce with 30g cheddar (hexa)
Muller light

Snacks
Packet 3syn crisps
Soreen squidgy cake thing 4syns

7 syns for the day.

I've had a lovely morning outside enjoying the sun! I met some friends for a coffee. And it really was only coffee! My daughter and I had lunch in the garden and now she's snuggled in for a wee afternoon nap. Time for me to make some curry sauce for tonight's dinner.

Breakfast
Muller light banana and custard
3 slices thin ham
Banana

Lunch
1/2 baked potato (I nuked it in the micro and only half was salvageable)
Fat free cottage cheese
Big salad
Strawberries

Dinner
SW Katsu chicken curry (hexb for the breadcrumbs) with jasmine rice and green beans

Snacks
Apple
Kettle bites maple bbq flavour AMAZING! (5SYNS)
Glass of milk (hexa)

Total of 5 syns today. Still going strong and feeling just as motivated as I was five weeks ago!

Another glorious day in sunny Scotland! Been OK food wise except the unplanned teacake!

Breakfast
Strawberry muller light
3 slices thin ham
Strawberries

Lunch
2 slices small bread toasted (hexb)
30 get cheese (hexa)
Salad

Dinner
2 Linda McCartney syn free sausages
1/4 tin baked beans
Fried egg
SW chips
Apple

Snacks
Tunnocks teacake (5.5syns)
Maple bbq kettle bites (5syns)
Cheese string (3.5syns)

Total of 14 syns. Bit more than I wanted since weigh day is tomorrow. I'm guesstimating 1lb off today x

Oh my! Nearly forgot to post my diary for today. I'm so excited with my surprise 4lb loss that I'm all over the place! Anyhoo today's eats are as follows...

Breakfast
Treacle scone and butter (so I had a bogof voucher for cake at dobbies. How could I resist!?)

Lunch
Wholemeal sandwich thin (hexb) on fried egg with a helping of sugarsnaps and tomatoes

Dinner
SW teriyaki salmon with noodles and stir fry veg
Muller light

Snacks
Apple
Kettle bites bbq maple (5syns)

Syns for today are 5 plus the scone. Also had about 6 of the kids jelly sweets so I'm probably over for today. I'm sure I can claw that back during the week though.

Back