The bumpy road with undisturbedgirl

Fatnfunky

Silver Member
Hey all,

Been a member of this site since May, joined two weeks after i started SW and have loved it.

But the last two months have just been tough, i have been kicking around the same spot for the last two months, and the weigh i am now, i first achieved over 2 months ago and then had some nasty gains.

Anyway, had a lovely message from a mate on here to post regularly, so will been a active member of my challenge group (will try my best NannyDi lol)but was wondering, if anyone has had the same kind of experience, of getting a little tired with the diet?

Hi Girl

Sorry to hear that you are stuck in limbo with your SW regime at the moment... I am still loosing thank goodness... but there will come a time that I know like everyone you hit a flat level and need to kick start yourself again.

I find I try to see which is my better day for weight loss... and then stick to that for a few days to get myself moving again...

I can't say I am sort of bored with the regime yet... but we should all be thinking about making this a life changing regime with everyday foods...we hear so much about people taking time off and putting it all back on again...

What about exercise? Do you partake? Will that help as it will help boost your confidence :)

Usually when you plateau, you just need to have look at what you're doing and make some minor changes. For instance, maybe you need to start keeping food diaries again (if you've stopped) and really scrutinise your intake. Maybe introduce some different foods to your diet. Or try and increase your activity a bit... like instead of watching some random TV show whilst waiting for the one you want, go for a 1/2 hour walk instead. Or find something active to do around the house, clean the bathroom or something like that. You often find that just a small change to the routine can often give you the kick-start you need.

Hi there sorry you are feeling fed up with plan. Previously when i done sw i used to get fed up because i was always eating the same stuff (pasta and tomato sauce) and never varying. This time i am making sure i vary my food, like some mornings i have toast on egg, some days i have cereal and have been trying to make sure i have different dinners each night. I found this to have helped me out big time and i am not getting bored with the plan at the moment.

Hey all,

Been a member of this site since May, joined two weeks after i started SW and have loved it.

But the last two months have just been tough, i have been kicking around the same spot for the last two months, and the weigh i am now, i first achieved over 2 months ago and then had some nasty gains.

Anyway, had a lovely message from a mate on here to post regularly, so will been a active member of my challenge group (will try my best NannyDi lol)but was wondering, if anyone has had the same kind of experience, of getting a little tired with the diet?
Hi, have you tried Success Express, i did a couple of weeks ago and lost 4lbs, you can do a full week or just for a couple of days. As i'm close to target my losses were slowing down, so i was made up when i lost that amount. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. xxx

...but was wondering, if anyone has had the same kind of experience, of getting a little tired with the diet?

definately!!! my advice would be to experiment with food and cooking and also to vary what you eat daily. perhaps make a list of ALL the meals you enjoy on SW, breakfast lunch and dinner, so when you fancy something, but not sure what you can look at your list. i know i get stuck for ideas even though there's loads of meals i can have and enjoy.

i'd also recommend success express - it will give you a boost :)

Im with you UG - I know exactly how you feel, I know why Ive been gaining and why I weigh more than I did three months ago, and I know why Im not losing! only I can change it! x

Hey all,

I know how you feel. I've been stuck on the same weight for the last 4 weeks before I went on my holiday (2 weeks away) so have not weighed for that time, but feel like I have not changed. I'm just puzzled as to why I can't seem to get moveing again, am following plan, but nothing seem to help. I'm lucky in some ways, I've not had any gains yet, (fingers crossed) for when I WI on Tuesday. I dread the thought of that happening, but I guess it might at some time.

Usually when you plateau, you just need to have look at what you're doing and make some minor changes. For instance, maybe you need to start keeping food diaries again (if you've stopped) and really scrutinise your intake.

Thanks for the reply, i would say i definitely don't think i have reacted plateau yet, i have a lot to lose and when i follow the diet properly i have big losses, so it's definitely more a mind thing and also i 100% agree about the food diaries, been keeping one all week, the first time i have managed to do that since i joined.

Hi there sorry you are feeling fed up with plan. Previously when i done sw i used to get fed up because i was always eating the same stuff (pasta and tomato sauce) and never varying.

Very true, i did go through a stage where on green days i would just have jacket potatoe and salad and got stuck in a rut, but definitely do eat a wide variety of stuff.

Im with you UG - I know exactly how you feel, I know why Ive been gaining and why I weigh more than I did three months ago, and I know why Im not losing! only I can change it! x

Yeah, need to take charge of this and just give it 100%, because i am honest, i know i have been lucky over the last month or two.

Thanks for the reply Rainbow :)

Hi, have you tried Success Express, i did a couple of weeks ago and lost 4lbs, you can do a full week or just for a couple of days. As i'm close to target my losses were slowing down, so i was made up when i lost that amount. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. xxx

No, i have never tried it, i am sure we got a leaflet in the pack about it, but never really paid it any attention, going to SW website and read up on it.

Anything that keeps me from getting bored is good, even if this doesn't work for me next week, i know i have tried something different.

Thanks for the reply LoobyLou x

. I'm lucky in some ways, I've not had any gains yet, (fingers crossed) for when I WI on Tuesday. I dread the thought of that happening, but I guess it might at some time.

I have to say, i am in a group where i can have a big gain, and not feel self conscious about it, at one point or another a gain will happen, so i generally find it a bit uncomfortable but then use that as a motivator for the next week not to be lard ass of the week lol

Thanks for the reply x

we'll get there though hun xxx

yer, I hope Ive had my last fat summer too! x

Im right there with ya hun. Finding it really hard at the moment, especially with my shifts and commuting. You have done well with loosing weight so it can be done. Just try the success express like karen suggested and maybe even mix to match, that can help vary foods.
Good luck! xx

Im right there with ya hun. Finding it really hard at the moment, especially with my shifts and commuting. Good luck! xx

Hey hun,

Thanks for that, i do find taking packed lunches in are good for me, or i find myself raiding m&s for their tasty stuff, maybe finding some low syn ready meals could be a option?

x

Back