The Constipation issue ;/

letsgetlosing

Warning TMI!
I know its a usual Atkins related issue. I used to be regular, twice a day when I was on my high carb diet with SW. Since starting Atkins I struggle to go once a day. I dont necessarily feel bloated or full. Just want to be regular!Also when I do go its not a comfortable experience....
Also I am taking in fibre. I eat Cauli,cabbage,mushrooms and salad greens. Any other veggies that would encourage things? I could go and buy some flax...its just we live in a village with no health food shop and means a trip into town.
Or is it because I am not eating the same quantity of food, that maybe my body doesnt need to go twice a day.

Morning losing... I'm an obsessive when it comes to this issue so I have to go every day ... Spinach is great... And although I've not got round to buying it yet, rhubarb is also good... Yes, flax is fine but not too much as it can bind - drink loads of water - really important

I also have fibrogel and movicol - both very helpful and always have a packet of ducolease and ducolax in the cupboard - ducolax is really for the last resort as its a brilliant "shifter"! Lol

Good luck with it - I used to love lentils and pulses so never had problems pre-Atkins xx

For the first 6 months i made sure i had half a mim a day - knew when i'd missed it! Then my body seemed to adapt and be happy. If i'm ever feeling bloated now i just have plenty of spinach and water - seems to work:)

White cabbage!!! (As I found out today ... a bit higher in carbs than the green stuff) I have about a 16th of a full cabbage mixed with mayo and a tiny amount of onion to make coleslaw - solved my problem today!

I was on Dukan and the one thing they do on that which keeps you regular is 1tb of oat bran (not oats!) made with water and a tablespoon of stewed rhubarb in the microwave. I use Splenda to sweeten and pour some double cream on top to make it lovely and creamy.

Oat bran swells up to about 5x the size so a tablespoon actually ends up being about 1/3 of a breakfast bowl full.

1 tbl oat bran = 5 carbs
1 tbl stewed rhubarb = 1 carb

wow. the flax muffin worked ;) feel a stone lighter hehehe

Back