The diary of a Shift worker.

guard2189

Evening to you all

Hi I'm Richard,

I've decided that after 35 years of eating what I like it's time to sort myself out.

I've reached that point where the scales scare the (naughty words removed) out of me.

I have to be honest my main motivation is the fact I'm expecting my first child in February next year. Its time to step up, grow up and become the father I want to be.

My main problem is when I'm tired after a long shift at work, on my way home, i have to pass two popular fast food restaurants. They know what they are doing 24 hours a day, 10 miles apart. Just so if you resist the first one the second one is bound to get you.

Hopefully by posting I can find help and support

Looking forward to speaking to you all

Richard
Today is my day 1 (23/08/16)

Welcome Richard and best wishes on your weight loss journey and also on your good news of expecting your first child in February:bestwishes:

Part of any diet plan is preparation and knowing what you are going to eat for the day ahead.

Just now I am making my dinner for tomorrow and I will make enough to freeze some for emergencies.

Here is a link to some easy tasty SW recipes that you might like...

https://www.minimins.com/threads/petes-recipe-book.250434/

How did your first day go?

Welcome Richard and best wishes on your weight loss journey and also on your good news of expecting your first child in February:bestwishes:

Part of any diet plan is preparation and knowing what you are going to eat for the day ahead.

Just now I am making my dinner for tomorrow and I will make enough to freeze some for emergencies.

Here is a link to some easy tasty SW recipes that you might like...

https://www.minimins.com/threads/petes-recipe-book.250434/

How did your first day go?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The day has been planned out and the food cooked ready. Also the shopping list has been written so off to Iceland and Aldi shortly.

So a great start so far.

Day 1

Day 1 complete and a success.

Made it past Mcd without even a thought of stopping. This was probably down to the traffic, even at 1 in the morning.

I've decided to take the same food as yesterday to work. Nice a simple food that can be eaten hot or cold. I can never guarantee I'll be by a microwave.

Breakfast
Slimming world syn free sausage (Iceland)
Atomic Tomatoes
Dry fried eggs (good old Teflon pan)

Lunch
Batchelors Deli Box Pasta (1&1/2 syns)

Dinner
Chicken and rice with soy sauce X2

Snacks
Alpen light Cereal Bars x2 (healthy b)

He's to a successful day 2.

DAY 2 (Today's shift 16:37-00:14)

Day 2 was a success and was good the whole day. Which is good for me. I think writing in this diary helps knowing that if I don't write and do well I'm letting myself and the people who read this down.

Today's Menu

Breakfast
Muscle food Lean Bacon
Atomic Toms
Omelette

Lunch
Batchelors Pasta Packet (1/2 syns)
Alpen light bar (3syns)

Dinner
Batchelors Pasta Packet (2 syns)

Smacks
Alpen light x2 (healthy b)
Milk (healthy A)

Total of 5 1/2syns

Hope you are all having a good day

Last edited:
Day 3 (Day off)

Well today is gonna be a test. I've got a day off, so we are off to the Trafford Centre in Manchester. Got some good old Tesco club card vouchers for La Tasca.

Breakfast
Omelette with cheese (healthy A)
Samon

Lunch
La Tasca (did my best)

Dinner
Steak and actifry roast potatoes.
100g of chocolate nibs.

Could of been much worse.

Last edited:
Day 4 (Today's shift 11:19-21:53)

Atfer a great day off I've woken up fresh and motivated. Have decided to try new things on today's menu. Found over night oats online so giving them ago.

Breakfast
Plain Omelette
Atomic toms

Lunch
Chicken and rice

Dinner
Slimming world Cheesy cauliflower soup with left over potatoes

We time to do some work.

Back