The diary of El - Everyone Welcome :)

incaravanland

Silver Member
Well I thought I would create a diary as a few of my new minimins friends have suggested it would be a good idea and I think they are right.

So a little bit about me:

I started AGAIN on SW on Sunday 10th March and had my first weigh in last week where I lost 4lb which I was very pleased with. I was on WW years ago where I lost over 4 stone however I didnt like the new "skinny" me very much as I thought I looked like a bobble head (and on top of that WW said I needed to lose another 2 stone to be at target!!!!!)

I have been doing very well with the help and encouragement of people on here but yesterday had a bit of a blip when I had the day from hell so from advice given I thought I best start a diary.

I am 26 and a manager at a college and I love my job which I guess most people cant say. Every day is different and usually challenging and I never think on a Sunday ...... oh work tomorrow so I think thats good.

Soooooooo back to it; my honest diary starts today

Breakfast: Melon and grapes
Lunch: Have made and plan to have tuna (HEXB) and pasta with low fat mayo (2 syns) and a variety of veg including cucumber, onion, sweetcorn, carrot etc.
Tea: Hasnt been decided yet as I split my time between home (40 miles from work) and staying at my mums (which is considerably less at 5 miles from work) however wherever I go its planned to be green, healthy and syn free

Anyone feel free to comment or talk to me. I am very new at all this and would appreciate any help, tips and encouragement. In turn I hope I can do the same for others too.

Thank you for reading.

El x

Hello!

Congrats on your first loss. I have just started a diary too and am finding it is helping me stay on track. I had a binge yesterday but that is the first one for a couple of weeks so I am making progress. The trigger yesterday was cream cakes at work so I know now I just have to say no - one is too many and a thousand is not enough!!

Hopefully we can help each other on the bad days and cheer each other on on the good ones!

Ooooh yeah that would be great - its always good to make new friends.

I know what you mean about the one is too many a thousand not enough.

Normally I have good will power if I keep myself busy or put my mind to it. For example Ive had the hobnobs in my desk the whole time ive been back on SW and the curly wurly's and plenty of other goodies but I have refrained! Yesterday I was so fed up though I just gave in but I need to not do that!!! Im suprised I didnt finish the hobnobs (there were only 4 or 5 left in it but I only had 2)

I shall have a look at your diary! Thank you for popping by xxxx

YAAAY! you got a diary!! :) shall be stalking you muchly now Eli xxxxx

:)

Hehe - stalk away! After my terrible day yesterday you can nag too! lol x

So far today I have done ok.

I had my melon and grapes for breakfast, ive had a black coffee with sweetner and just had my tuna pasta as Im being summoned up to the salon at work to be a model in a min so I have had to eat early rather than be starving when im up there and scoffing chocs cos they always have some up there!!!!

Im debating on whether to eat any syns until weigh in day after my b***s up yesterday?! x

If you cut out syns altogether you risk feeling deprived and pigging out. You need to have your syns to lose weight - lots of people find if they cut them out they don't lose as much weight as weeks when then have all of them.
Also - 2 hobs nobs is hardly a balls up in the grand scheme of things so try not to feel too bad. Let's all try and stop feeling guilty about food eh?! It is just food - there is no emotional value in it. This is going to be my new mantra! A biscuit is not a hug! A biscuit is not a hug.....

Woo hoo, you did it. Your very own diary. Nice to know you in more detail. 4 lbs in your first week is good news, feels like you're really started now doesn't it? Apart from the blippy day of emotional eating. It's not impossible to salvage a major mess up. Lots of speed soup is your friend. It is possible to do without syns to your next WI (which is when?) but like Goodygoodstuff says there is a danger of the rebound effect when you feel deprived. I handle this (when in the right frame of mind) by explaining to myself that in actual fact there is plenty but I am choosing not to eat it so as to make myself healthier.

I have a book I like very much called the Four Day Win by Martha Beck and she explains the science behind a lot of what goes on in our minds and bodies in a very readable way.

In evolutionary terms it was only yesterday that we were hunter gatherers living on the edge of starvation all the time. Famine was a constant possibilty and the most primitive poart of our brain reacts as though this is still true. When we deprive ourselves of food, and even more so we up the exercise too, our brains tend to think that we are in a disasterous situation with no food, something that we need to run away from. So it reacts by sending strong signals to eat and stock up on body fat as soon and as much as possible. This is why most people react to a period of low calorie intake with over eating. Of course there is loads more to it but something that works for me is to actually tell my primitive part what is happenening. I've not got the book to hand but she also suggests having the foods we don't want to eat so that we know there is an abundance and no need to fear famine.

I did this with bananas once when I was hungry enough to eat a few. I wanted to wait and have other stuff before pigging on bananas so I looked at the, actually put them to my nose to smell them whilst telling myself that I had plenty of food, there is no need to worry, that I was waiting till getting home to eat so that I could make better choices.

The most important thing is stay with it, don't use one day's mistakes as an excuse to give up. Which it sounds like you are doing OK with anyway.

Like I said, my girth and history of yo-yoing shows it has not always worked but getting to change my internal dialogue is a very important part of weightloss for me.

Hehe - stalk away! After my terrible day yesterday you can nag too! lol x

No nagging from me love, you stopped didn't you so you still had an element of control. Draw a line under it and carry on, you're only human .....you wanna read some of the belly busting binges I've had in my diary lol. Thing is I got through it because I've got fantastic support on here, there's no judge and jury and firing range...just lots of perspection, support and genuine interest. On here you matter, and that's what keeps me logging on everyday, just the thought that someone, somewhere on here is wondering how I'm getting on and is waiting for my post....onwards and downwards (weight wise) chuck xxxxx

:)

Thank you all for your lovely posts. I shall syn away (within the 10-15 per day of course) and I usually make soup so I shall make some more seen as I have run out of my roasted veg - mushroom i think!

I have only been on here a few days but it seems like everyone is really helpful and supportive and I log in just to see whats going on in the threads I have posted in.

Ive had a bit of a painful afternoon, eating that melon has NOT agreed with me and now I have the worst stomach ache and im feeling very sorry for myself :( xxx

So I didn't do too bad. I had some snack a jacks 2 syns and butter on my brown bread HEXB with mashed up eggs and salt and pepper for my tea. That melon really did a number on me. I'm bloated and feel like a whale!!! Darn it!!!

Tomorrow will be green I think so I'm off for a relaxing bath to top up my lovely head back and shoulder massage I had today in the salon at work. It was bliss and they washed and blow dried my hair for me so I don't have to do that tonight! Score!

hope everyone's had a good day xxx

Woo hoo, you did it. Your very own diary. Nice to know you in more detail. 4 lbs in your first week is good news, feels like you're really started now doesn't it? Apart from the blippy day of emotional eating. It's not impossible to salvage a major mess up. Lots of speed soup is your friend. It is possible to do without syns to your next WI (which is when?) but like Goodygoodstuff says there is a danger of the rebound effect when you feel deprived. I handle this (when in the right frame of mind) by explaining to myself that in actual fact there is plenty but I am choosing not to eat it so as to make myself healthier.

I have a book I like very much called the Four Day Win by Martha Beck and she explains the science behind a lot of what goes on in our minds and bodies in a very readable way.

In evolutionary terms it was only yesterday that we were hunter gatherers living on the edge of starvation all the time. Famine was a constant possibilty and the most primitive poart of our brain reacts as though this is still true. When we deprive ourselves of food, and even more so we up the exercise too, our brains tend to think that we are in a disasterous situation with no food, something that we need to run away from. So it reacts by sending strong signals to eat and stock up on body fat as soon and as much as possible. This is why most people react to a period of low calorie intake with over eating. Of course there is loads more to it but something that works for me is to actually tell my primitive part what is happenening. I've not got the book to hand but she also suggests having the foods we don't want to eat so that we know there is an abundance and no need to fear famine.

I did this with bananas once when I was hungry enough to eat a few. I wanted to wait and have other stuff before pigging on bananas so I looked at the, actually put them to my nose to smell them whilst telling myself that I had plenty of food, there is no need to worry, that I was waiting till getting home to eat so that I could make better choices.

The most important thing is stay with it, don't use one day's mistakes as an excuse to give up. Which it sounds like you are doing OK with anyway.

Like I said, my girth and history of yo-yoing shows it has not always worked but getting to change my internal dialogue is a very important part of weightloss for me.

thank you for your lovely message. I've not gone without syns today but I have only had 10 so that's not bad.

My weigh day is Sunday morning and I'm doing it myself at home but after starting to post on here I feel by no means alone.

Hope you have had a good day xxx

thank you for your lovely message. I've not gone without syns today but I have only had 10 so that's not bad.

My weigh day is Sunday morning and I'm doing it myself at home but after starting to post on here I feel by no means alone.

Hope you have had a good day xxx

hello there el I found you and will be checking up on you! Us lot are going to be the sexy beeeeeatches on the beach next year! I have no doubt we will do it if we all keep plodding and keep on checking in here! It's not sw that's done it for me but minimins. It's been a lifesaver!

I know exactly what you mean, I find myself logging on just to see whos around! Have a lovely day x

Hi everyone!

I had to write on here about my self control this morning. I met up with my friend at McDonalds for breakfast which I do most weeks before we go to work. We have a right good natter and usually a breakfast each (shes stick thin! lol!) HOWEVER i just had a coffee!!!!

After my blip the other day I could have well gone for a sausage and egg mcmuffin and hash brown **drools** but I didnt! I have said to myself if I get under the stone mark this week I may treat myself, ill see how I feel!

Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Hi everyone!

I had to write on here about my self control this morning. I met up with my friend at McDonalds for breakfast which I do most weeks before we go to work. We have a right good natter and usually a breakfast each (shes stick thin! lol!) HOWEVER i just had a coffee!!!!

After my blip the other day I could have well gone for a sausage and egg mcmuffin and hash brown **drools** but I didnt! I have said to myself if I get under the stone mark this week I may treat myself, ill see how I feel!

Hooray well done!

Hi everyone!

Well done!

Hi El, popping by to subscribe. Fab willpower! I love mcds hash browns but they always make me feel sick- too greasy, never learn though!

Yay on the self control. Feels good when you manage it doesn't it.

Hi El, popping by to subscribe. Fab willpower! I love mcds hash browns but they always make me feel sick- too greasy, never learn though!

I love them! I wish I felt sick after them it might put me off having them!!!!!! Having said that I do blot them before I eat them.....weird I know but it gets rid of the excess grease!!!!

Hows your day going so far?

Ive had a banana and a few strawberries. I dont know what to get for lunch im not very prepared today though I think itll be quorn chilli and mashed sweet and normal potatos for tea.mmmmmmmmm cant wait! xx

Back