The Diet Starts Today!

Lizzie_x

Hiya,

Not sure what I really need to put in here. I've been unhappy with myself for a couple of years now, so I started the slimming world diet today. I'm not obese and by BMI is healthy, but I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I started putting on weight as I got a new job in an office (rather than working in retail). I went from being stood up all day to being sat down all day, so all the junk food I ate has just caught up with me!

Rather than attending classes I've bought the books off eBay and going to try and do it solo!

I have one major problem - I can't eat fruit or veg. It makes me physically sick. I can some fruit such as apples and bananas, could possibly struggle with the odd grape every now and again. Think this is partly my parents fault, when I was younger if I refused to eat something they wouldn't make me. So my body isn't used to 'healthy' food and rejects it. Having a phobia of being sick makes it even worse if you're trying to eat healthily and gagging on everything. If you have any good meal plans etc which don't include veg, feel free to share!

I live at home with my parents, so my Mum does all the cooking (I can't cook and my Dad's just lazy). I suppose as she used to do slimming world she'd know what to cook, and at the same time she'd be eating healthily too! I work full time too, so lunch for me has to be quick and simple - I'm currently stocked up on the Mug Shot pasta and noodles!

I've been keeping a diary of what I eat for a few weeks, although some days I have forgotten. I think I may create a food diary on here - If I know I have to record what I eat then I probably will. And it will give you guys a chance to tell me where I'm going wrong :)

I have a few personal goals, but nothing too major. I just want to be confident again.

Wow this is an essay! The diet starts now... wish me luck!

Today - 03/04/2012 - EE

Breakfast - Muller Light yoghurt (vanilla)

Lunch - Bachelors cup-a-pasta, Walkers Sunbites (6 syns)

Dinner - 3 lincolnshire sausages (reduced fat - 1 syn each) with mashed potatoes (Lurpak - 1.5 syns) and a small portion of Oxo gravy.

Total syns = 10.5

*4 bottles of 750 ml water drank
* Hour at the gym after work (cardio)

Not a very good start...

Last edited:
Hey :) 10.5 syns lol! I'm planning on having a slightly bigger breakfast today, will be another free pasta something for lunch, might have snacks jacks instead though.. Not sure on dinner yet!

Good luck :)

I'm going to play devils advocate with you and say that you're not following ee properly if you're not having 1/3 superfree with each meal. You'd be better off switching to either red or green days where the 1/3 superfree is still advisable but not essential as it is on ee.

Try doing a search on here as there are plenty of other fruit and veg dodgers (hehe) who will be able to give some tips about how to add your superfree to your meal. Do you like spag bol and chilli for example? They're really easy to add veg too and you can't even taste it. I know that part of the problem is psycological but there were loads of vegetables I thought I didn't like until I actually tried them since starting sw like courgettes and sweet potato.

Good luck!

I completely understand that! I'm trying to get the hang of all the HE's I can have what's free and what isn't etc. I think id struggle with red days as I wouldn't know what to have for lunch, I'd need something quick and simple because of my work. And I'd struggle with green days as I wouldnt want to eat pasta all day and as I don't like salad I can imagine it would get quite boring.

If I do EE then I think I need to compensate for not eating veg, e.g smaller portion and eat fruit after maybe?

I think I'm going to start slowly introducing veg into my diet, I LOVE spag bol I don't really care what's in it I just gobble it up ha ha. I have a new aim now too, need to fit into my bridesmaid dress for August! It fits, there's just a sneaky inch at the top where it won't do up argh.

So today I've had:

Breakfast - 2 slices of medium wholemeal toast (dry - HXB), an apple

Lunch - Batchelors cupapasta chicken flavour (1 syn). Toffee muller light yoghurt.

Snack - snack a jacks salt and vinegar (4.5 syns)

Dinner - One chicken breast cooked with maggi so juicy herbs (6 syn packet - 1.5 per breast). Plain boiled rice.

Total syns = 7 syns

Haven't been on here for a few days... Still been recording what I eat though! :) doing ee-without the 1/3 super free :(

Thursday:
Breakfast - 2 slices whole meal dry toast (heb). Muller yoghurt.

Lunch - Tom&herb cupapasta. Apple. 2 Ryvita original (1.5 syns each), country life lighter butter (about 1 tsp-1.5 syns).

Snack - Sugar free strawberry jelly pot(.5 syns)

Dinner - Bacon Omelette (2 medium eggs, 2 slices grilled bacon no fat) and sw chips.

Total syns = 5 syns

*gym for an hour

Friday:
Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) dry with a small tin of spaghetti hoops.

Lunch - large glass of diet coke. 2 Ryvita (1.5 syns each) country life lighter butter (about 1 tsp-1.5 syns). snack pot chicken (1 syn).

Snack - 250ml glass semi-skimmed milk (hea).

Dinner - Cod (batter removed), half a portion of small chips from chippy (9 syns eeeeeek)

Total syns = 14.5 (ooopsie!!!)

*gym for two hours

Saturday:
Breakfast/lunch - 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) dry with a small tin of spaghetti hoops.

Dinner (ate out) - 1/2 12" cheese and Tom pizza with side of chips.

Had a really bad day :( not counting the syns as I feel too guilty!

Last edited:
Just had my first 'weigh-in' and I've lost 5lb which I'm really surprised at! Weighed myself a few hours after I had eaten breakfast, not really sure what's the best time of day to weigh?

For breakfast I had 2 slices wholemeal toast (heb) with countrylife lighter butter (1.5 syns), with scrambled egg (+ tblsp semi-skimmed milk)

Back