The differance your Consultant makes

spinme307

I rejoined sw last week after a couple of dreadful attempts last year and decided to try a differant class as I didn't settle into the one I went to before. The class last Thursday was very quiet as you can imagine with it still being xmas but it was such a lovely class with only 3 members there and I was so impressed with the consultant, she was lovely and I realised how much of a differance a good consultant makes.
Now I'm not saying the previous consultant I saw was 'bad' but things were done in a very haphazard way, no organization really and no certificates were ever given out and she never got to know any of her members properly.
This new consultant is really organised which means she can welcome new members and sit and chat properly with them, certificates are ready & written out by the time weighing in has finished and last night she really saved me from myself....
I was at my parents for tea and my brother and his family came for the day. By the time I got home I was in tears and ready to dive into a bottle of red and the rest of the choc left from xmas (my sil is evil to me and my brother has no backbone to stand up for me). But I first checked my messages on the phone and I had a lovely message from my consultant asking me how I was doing on the plan, how other things were that we'd spoken about last week and told me to call her at anytime if I needed her.....it really pulled me back from the brink!
Instead of the bottle of wine, I had 1 glass and stayed on plan!

So I am hopeful that this time I can do it and keep it off for good with the right class and the right consultant.

Happy New Year to all the amazing consultants that go the extra mile to keep us on the plan!

That's great, I'm pleased you've found a consultant that supports you the way you want/need to be supported. My consultant is brilliant and the last thing she said to me at my first meeting was 'i'm always here if you need me, you're not in this alone'. I haven't needed to call her but the sentiment still made a huge difference to my attitude to the whole thing. Also, my group are brilliant and really supportive too.

Good Luck! x

Yes my C is amazing, so much so that I'm going to start going to her Wednesday class from next week as she's dropping my Tuesday class and I don't like the new C that's replacing her!

I too have an amazing consultant, he....yes he's a man and is brilliant, after my first meeting he took me aside, and told me he would always be there supporting me, no matter how long my journey took (I had over 20st to lose and had always struggled due to being on heavy doses of steroids), I have lost over 11st and 2 years later he is every bit as supportive as he was that first day. Definitely makes a huge difference having a consultant who's there for you through good times and bad and there have been quite a few of them lol x

I too have an amazing consultant, he....yes he's a man and is brilliant, after my first meeting he took me aside, and told me he would always be there supporting me, no matter how long my journey took (I had over 20st to lose and had always struggled due to being on heavy doses of steroids), I have lost over 11st and 2 years later he is every bit as supportive as he was that first day. Definitely makes a huge difference having a consultant who's there for you through good times and bad and there have been quite a few of them lol x

I have met him-and can't vouch for how fab he is :)

My c is beyond good! She is there for every one of us and is always on our fbook page helping and advising. I am on her social team and feel very happy to help her with group. She works tiressly for S W and although she is on her own journey as well, she never mentions it.Her groups are well run and organised and interesting. :)

My group never keeps permanent consultants as I'm sure many have heard me ranting about before lol! Always have short term stand ins, they go and the process starts again. Really need to get my butt on gear and try out new groups!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My group never keeps permanent consultants as I'm sure many have heard me ranting about before lol! Always have short term stand ins, they go and the process starts again. Really need to get my butt on gear and try out new groups!

Ahh that must be so difficult! Not sure I'd be able to stay on plan or stay at classes if that happened here. Its such a shame because its the members that miss out and surely that effects sw's reputation...

Have you thought of becoming a consultant?

You're not the first to say that to me! It's something I might consider in the future but I'd need to work around my confidence issues first- speaking infront of a group of people fills me with dread!

Ahh that must be so difficult! Not sure I'd be able to stay on plan or stay at classes if that happened here. Its such a shame because its the members that miss out and surely that effects sw's reputation...

Yep exactly. It really does show because when I joined, we were in another venue and I really liked all the members (only about 20 of us) we changed consultants and moved venues - only 5 mins down the road. Slowly everyone started dropping off as there just isn't any structure with all of the Cs starting and leaving. I'm the only original one left now since I joined which is why it kind of pains me to look at other groups- I just keep hoping we get someone permanent..

Last edited:
How have you managed to stay on track without a consistant consultant?

My starting weight is similar to yours and I know I will need all the support I can get from my consultant and other group members to even make a dent in my weight loss! You have done amazing to lose so much!!

Our C is always changing as well - think we're in the third one!

My C at the mo is okay but is a bit insensitive and she seems to speak to only a select group of people each week and doesn't really make herself accessible.

I won SOTW a few weeks ago for the third time and she made a comment like "oh its you again, it's not really fair on anyone else". I felt awful and v.uncomfortable - I have done SW in the past, never stayed to group and quickly gave up. This time I have stayed to group - something which took alot for me to do - and her comments just made me think 'whats the point'.

Mind you I am quite shy so maybe I need to be more vocal like other members and tell her that I deserve my losses

Ah! Rant over lol

Our C is always changing as well - think we're in the third one!

My C at the mo is okay but is a bit insensitive and she seems to speak to only a select group of people each week and doesn't really make herself accessible.

I won SOTW a few weeks ago for the third time and she made a comment like "oh its you again, it's not really fair on anyone else". I felt awful and v.uncomfortable - I have done SW in the past, never stayed to group and quickly gave up. This time I have stayed to group - something which took alot for me to do - and her comments just made me think 'whats the point'.

Mind you I am quite shy so maybe I need to be more vocal like other members and tell her that I deserve my losses

Ah! Rant over lol

Oh that is truly terrible to say that!!!!! And how unprofessional as well. I dont think Head Office would be happy to know she had said that! Yes pluck up the courage to say something if it happens again. I have only ever won SOTW twice getting down to target and was more than happy for many others to get it a lot more than me. At the end of the day we're not children, and we should all be pleased for others achievements. Our group is happy for all our members when they achieve. Now I will stop my rant too.

I really like my consultant, she always sends texts to the group & regularly sends individual texts to me to let me know how proud she is of me. It's so nice to have someone take such an interest esp when everyone else is fed up of my "SW is amazing" rants :D

I used to go to class and after being told there is no need to excersize and that I should eat a pasta n sauce and chicken every night for dinner I stopped going! However I have attended weight watchers and I loved my consultant, she listened to everyone and was very motivational, trouble is I prefer sw because I feel that I eat more real food!

Thanks for the support Hollys Nan. I really should say something but hate confrontation and feel embarrassed.

I'm back to work on Monday after a few months of maternity leave so may have to change groups anyway as I work quite far away and wouldn't be able to get to my current group in time.

Thanks for the support Hollys Nan. I really should say something but hate confrontation and feel embarrassed.

I'm back to work on Monday after a few months of maternity leave so may have to change groups anyway as I work quite far away and wouldn't be able to get to my current group in time.

Aw well I hope you get sorted. I wish you lived near me and I would come with you to my fab group. My c would be horrified at your experiences. :(

Back