The "do it for yourself" diary and quit mucking around!

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Morning all

Back again........... :wavey:

Done a lot of thinking over the past few weeks which include really trying to get on top of what I want for me and what it is that is stopping me! I don't know that I will really ever know the answer, but I do know that unless I get myself back on track I will really risk my health and happiness as I get older, and that has to be the primary reason that I push on.

So I am treating today as the new starting day. I've weighed this morning and am amazingly still 5.5lbs lighter than I was on 14/2/12 when I first started Atkins (and lost the way badly :sigh: ) so not only is that good but it is a bloody miracle!! :D

Back to the basics. I don't cook (really can't fry an egg, honestly) so my diary involves lots of things that basically I can just boil or put in a pan and just turn over and over and for that reason just gets boring and repetitive. but I will keep my diary daily, stick everything in MFP to ensure I am staying on the right track, and ask lots of questions.....

But I would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions that you can make that may not only help but keep me on track!! Thank you in advance.

Daft day to start really because I am on a late today and the wards will be laden with chocolates for Easter. But I will not falter!!! :D

Sunday 8/4/12

B - bacon and 2 eggs

L - frying steak cooked in butter with mushrooms and cabbage

T - salmon salad with egg, green salad leaves, cucumber and mayo

S - babybel, black coffee, water, NAS

Carbs - 15g

x

Last edited:
Morning Dizzy - sounds like a good attitude to have, welcome back :)

Re the cooking, I was the same - a kitchen was just a room with a microwave in it. But now I'm making things that are even edible :) So have a go!

Hello

Bad day yesterday with no time......so here is today's diary!

B - 2 x Morrison's Best Angus Beef Sausages, 2 fried eggs

L - Chicken Salad with real mayo

T - Lamb Steaks with Broccoli

S - 2 x Sausages as above (need using up lol!), Babybel, black coffee, lots of water / NAS

Can pork scratchings be eaten in Induction?

Off now to take the pup for a long walk and then do a bit of shopping, home for lunch and a big clean up......love days off!!

Wednesday 11 April

B - 2 x Black Farmer chipolatas, 2 x Bacon, 2 x eggs

L - quick fry minute steak with mushrooms fried in butter

T - chicken salad - mixed green leaves, cucumber, egg and real mayo

S - black coffee, lots water / NAS, 2 x babybel

Carbs - 10g

Evening Dawn... Great Line drawn and starting afresh!! Well done and stick with it as it does really work! Xx

Thursday 12 April

Got banging head after the idiot woman next door woke me with her car radio blasting at 7am. She is soooooo gonna regret that!! :mad: haha!!

B - 2 x BFD pork sausages, 2 x Bacon, 2 x fried egg

L - prawn in chilli and coriander marinade salad - mixed leaves, cucumber, boiled egg and real mayo

T - stir fried frying steak with mushrooms, garlic, splash cream and green beans.

S
- 2 x babybel, NAS / Water ++, black coffee

carbs = 15g

Friday 13th April

B - slice ham. 2 BFD pork sausages, 2 fried eggs

L - prawns in chilli and coriander marinade salad, mixed leaves, cucumber, real mayo and boiled egg

T - lamb shoulder!

S - 5 x black coffee, 4 x babybel, water / NAS +

Hungry!!!!!!!! :confused:

Feeling yakkie today, funny head and bit dizzy.

Anyhow,

Saturday 14 April

B - 2 x fried eggs, 1 slice ham

L - 150g frozen broccoli and cauli and lamb chops

T - chicken breast, with babybel, wrapped in bacon. Useless village Co-op had no cucumber, so therefore just salad leaves, boiled egg and mayo.

S - black coffees, NAS / Water ++

Soooooo disappointed, weigh in this morning and exactly the same as last week, really could cry!!

Sunday 15 April

Unfortunately the same as yesterday as I am on another weird shift and easier to just prepare the same!

B - 2 x fried eggs, 3 rashers bacon

L - 150g frozen broccoli and cauli and lamb chops

T - chicken breast, with babybel, wrapped in bacon. Useless village Co-op had no cucumber, so therefore just salad leaves, boiled egg and mayo.

S - black coffees, NAS / Water ++

Carbs = 8g

really fed up now!!

I've noticed that you are a restarter with Atkins so your body will just be holding onto everything as its fed up with yo yo dieting....it's probably saying here we go again....not this time I'll show her!!

It'll just take a while to understand that your in it for the long haul before giving up the metabolic resistance and losing!

The Atkins book does have a section on why this happens after on off yo yo dieting!

Also I notice your eating a lot of bacon and sausages, whilst this isn't a bad thing bacon is loaded with salt and nitrates which can store water and stall weight loss....

Now the black farmer sausages are fine but beware the others that often have tonnes of fillers in them! And try to really only have sausages a few times a week because of the sodium and nitrates in them.

Also you had a bad day on day 2, what did you eat that day?

Just don't get disheartened, keep going for another week and your bound to have that woosh!!

Try upping your green leafy intake and drink plenty of water....

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you so much for your reply!

Day 2 - it was all Atkins orientated, I didn't deviate, I just didn't have time or motivation to post, but it was good food wise!

I will try to up my leafy intake, tends to be salad leaves and broccoli.........don't like cabbage or kale or anything like that so I've eaten green beans too, will try to get some spinach included next week, but again not a fan (in fact other than rocket and salad leaves) I don't really like greens very much!

I've cut out cream from my coffee altogether other than when I did a strogonaff type meal, and haven't had a single jelly and squirty cream!!

thank you so much for your reply and for your advice, I will certainly do my best!

Hi DD
Have you tried frying savoy cabbage in olive oil with chopped garlic, it is delicious! Don't give up, you will be losing inches, and the weight will soon start coming off , good luck :)

I know that this sounds stupid but I don't know how to shred cabbage. I've tried a few times and ended up out of a lovely cabbage with next to nothing because I cut those big veiny things out and there seems to be loads of hard stuff. And most of it ends up on the floor!! lol!

I will try.
Thanks for your reply
x

Hi DD I don't shred it, I just cut off the leaves from the stalk and cut off the "stubby" ends, when you fry it in the oil it will go soft and "see through". I am obsessed with it now and eat it all the time and without giving too much info,it doesn't give you wind! :)

Hi DD, good to see you back here and hope all goes well:)

Thank you for your messages :)

Spent a lot of time last night contemplating if I should continue Atkins as I expect the slightest slip up will stall me like this, or return to WW.

I have holidays in just over 8 weeks so I really need to focus on that. I will continue with Atkins until the end of April, and see if I shift anything, and if not, back to WW for me.

Today's diary

B - bacon and 2 fried eggs

L - Lamb steak with sliced cabbage and leek in butter and garlic - and yes it was delish!! Couldn't believe it cooked down in about 4 mins! Thank you!

T - frying steak fried in butter with mushrooms and garlic served with cabbage and leek

S - black coffee, lots of Water / NAS

Carbs for day - MFP - 14
x

Last edited:
Good luck DD... Atkins is fab but it is really unforgiving - so keep focused and it will work! We're all proof that it does ... Your body will be a bit stubborn - just like a child if it thinks it can get away with not losing anything it will jolly well give it a go and make you work for it! Lol

Jo has excellent advice as usual xx

Oh ladies!

I bottled out of a cabbage but got a bag of sliced cabbage and leeks from Tesco and had a handful of that and it was lovely!

thank you - a new greenie for me to enjoy!! :D

Back