The Final Stone (ish)

MaxB

Hello!

I am struggling to loose the last stone to reach my goal- been up and down like a yo-yo since June!

Over 3 years ago I lost weight for my wedding using minimins (and Mfp) and decided to come back as it was such a great help last time...

I decided to start a new diary rather than restart my old one as so much has changed since then it is weird to look back at it! Also I have forgotten my log in details lol!!

I was at my goal weight for my hen do and wedding. I stayed there for 18 months. I joined the gym, I kept eating healthy and felt good. Then my husband and I found out we couldn't have children.... I started eating and eating and eating. I stopped cooking anything at all, so it was all takeaways, ready meals, pizzas. Basically anything I could shove in the oven and not think about. Lunch went from salads and soup to huge sandwiches, crisps and chocolate bars. Breakfast was massive lattes and maybe a muffin!! Within a few months I had regained 2 stone.

Early this year I decided I had enough. I did not want to carry on feeling miserable.

So I started to slowly start cooking again, first not very healthy food but better than take always, then healthier meals.

I have lost about 10lbs and have a stone to go! I have been stuck for months, alternating a healthy week with a bad one... too many cheat meals and no accountability!!

I have an even bigger motivation now as next year my husband and I will be apply to adopt and I want to be back at my healthiest for that! :) Very excited and a huge motivator!

I need this diary to keep me going and also for my general rants... never knew I was such an emotional eater until now!!!!!

I am calories counting and am also on week 3 C25K!

Sorry for the essay, my other posts will be shorter!! Xx

Hey I'm here to follow and support xx
Thanks cynicalgirl- do you have a diary? I can't remember how to use minimins and it has changed quite a bit since I last logged in!!

Today was pretty good... started the day with week 3 day 1 c25k and ten minutes of abs from the SWORKIT app.

Breakfast - 154 cals
50g Greek yoghurt - 64 cals
banana- 90 cals

Lunch- 296 cals
Morrisons smokey BBQ chicken (50g) in a brown sandwich thin with 1/2 tbsp mayo- 218 cals
Ready salted French fries - 78 cals

Dinner- 683 cals
Homemade beef burger (made with less than 5% fat mince, fresh parsley, red chilli, dried chipotle chillies, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper) - 213 cals
Homemade chips (basically slimming world chips but made with skin on and spray olive oil rather than fry light) - 262 cals
1tbsp mayo - 90 cals
tomato ketchup - 18 cals
25g cheese - 100 cals

3 cups of tea- 45 cals

Finished the day on 1178!

Am aiming for 1200 per day plus working out 3-4 times per week. I also stepped on the scales - since last time I weighed in I have had a bad week (or 2) and was pleased that I had only gained 2lbs but I was fully dressed so am hoping I stay the same this week! Weigh in day is saturday so still get a few days to go!

It's in the members section on the weight loss diaries forum :)

I usually calorie count but now im trying healthy eating and exercise x

Oooooo I don't think I can view those yet as I don't have enough posts!! How is the healthy eating going? I'm not disciplined enough at the moment!!!

So food today was:

Breakfast and lunch was the same as yesterday except I had salt and vinegar squares instead of French fries. (I am quite boring with lunch)

Dinner was Hairy dieters Korma and 50g basmati rice (472 cals)

I also had three cups of tea, one piece of toffee and a very small piece of chocolate when buying some for hubs birthday!

Total for the day is 1,054 but the night is still young!!! Actually it's not because I got in from work so late and didn't eat until 9 grrrr!

No excericse today as left for work early and back too late!

Made up the calories deficit with a mini bag of haribo and a mini bag of buttons left over from Halloween- finished the day on 1204 in the end. :)

So today did not go as planned at all when it came to food!

Dad came over and we had a cheese board/cold meat thing at lunch but have managed to stay within calories just- dinner was supposed to be tortilla pizza and sweet potato fries- I lost the fries to balance the lunch time binge!!

Had a drs appointment and got weight- it was in kilos, middle of the day and fully clothed but I was a pound heavier than my last weigh in (which was a few weeks ago and I had two bad weeks, then this week when I got back on with it) so am nervous about tomorrow morning which is official weigh in day - would like to be the same as I was a few weeks ago as then I will have undone the damage of the last few weeks.

Lunch today should have been a sandwich thin but that went out the window!!

Breakfast was banana and yoghurt (154 caps)

Lunch was a few crackers, two small sausages, a piece of salami, little bit of cheese and a quarter mini quiche, mini mars bar and mini bag of haribo (620 cals)

Dinner was a tortilla pizza, weight watchers wrap, tomato purée mixed with BBQ sauce to make a BBQ base, mix of Red Leicester and normal cheddar (35g), two slices of pepperoni, 20g hot and spicy chicken and some fresh red chilli (404 cals)

All that plus a couple of cups of tea same to 1208! Pretty pleased as lunch felt like a bit of a binge! If I have done it right there is a picture of my pizza below before I devoured it!

Did week 3 day 2 c25k plus about 10 minutes of arm excercises so am quite sore!!

Tomorrow is a family birthday. We are having Chinese in the evening, plus as it is Saturday I am normally a bit more relaxed - I used to have a cheat day every Saturday but am trying to knock that on the head as just binged all day. Am worried about the Chinese but won't go too mad but will def be over calories tomorrow....

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Your lunch sounds right up my street! (Minus the quiche) and pizza looks lovely!

Enjoy your chinese! I remember from my Slimming World days the black bean dishes and boiled rice were the best choices and you can ask for noodles etc to be cooked in less oil. But if you're anything like me you'll think 'sod it' and enjoy it chicken balls chips and all ;) xx

Mmmmmmmm chicken balls and chips :eatdrink023: Lol!! Xx

This morning was weigh in day and I am back to the weight I was at the beginning of October- I know I have lost weight this week (despite not weighing myself last week out of fear) so am happy to be back where I was (still 2lbs off my lowest weight this year)- onwards and downwards!!

So yesterday turned into a bit of an epic failure with Chinese food, chocolate and prosecco! Back on it today!

Making spag Bol for dinner and will do some excercise to try and make up for last night:eek::eek:

So day is going pretty well so far...

Didn't run this morning but decided to do some hill walking, few sprints , 30 mins ish of legs and 10 mins of abs, which equaled about an hour of working out (although I doubt it was enough to work off the Chinese!)

Breakfast was cheerios and lunch was a sandwich thin with chicken and some salt and vinegar squares! I am starving (guess it's the work out) and feeling lazy so am slow cooking a spag Bol in the oven rather than on the hob!! Hopefully be ready in a couple of hours.

OH has been eating chocolate today but have resisted so far... realised today how many extra bits I had been eating - chocolate, sweets, loads of butter on sandwiches, full fat mayo with everything, cheese on every pasta, bread with every pasta, no limits with anything really! If I had a bad day (like yesterday) I turned it into a bad weekend/week/month! No wonder I put on so much weight!! Writing it all down has been so useful - I thought I remembered it all from last time I lost weight but I had actually forgotten most of it!!

But did you enjoy your evening? That's the main thing :) x
Enjoyed it sooo much thanks!!! Was nice to see the family, food was great and wine was even nicer!! How are you getting on? (As I can't see you diary yet!)

Good day today 1203 after bolognese pasta with a bit of cheese and a couple of squares of chocolate!

Really chilled day, mainly just watched to but managed to do about a million loads of washing (slight exaggeration) and changed the bed. The dog seems to make everything really dirty and need washing all the time!

My weekend wasn't great calorie wise, and definitely let too much alcohol creep in. Very bloated and sluggish today x

I felt like that yesterday - I used to eat bad all the time and never felt that awful!! My mum is calorie counting as well and she says she feels terrible when she eats junk food or drinks now :(

Very tired today and hurt after yesterday's workout... limped through day 3 week 3 couch to 5k!

Going away for the night with work tomorrow so trying to figure out what I can do about food- think we are going to pizza express in the evening, so can just have a skinny pizza or salad without dressing. Lunch I can take with me but it's the next day- not sure what food is available for breakfast and lunch. Hoping I can sneak out and buy a low fat sandwich or salad if something is provided!!!

Planning on doing a bulk cook at the weekend so I can have lots of frozen healthy meals ready when I need them, esp as dark evening just make me want to turn to chocolate and crisps!! Hehe!!!

Finished today on 1216 calories so pretty happy. Have been very hungry tho! Made a big dinner and not hungry any more!!

Took the dog for a 4K walk this afternoon which was lovely and sunny but a bit cold!

Food today:

Breakfast: Light Phili on a sandwich thin plus two cups of tea - 156 cals
Lunch: BBQ chicken and mayo sandwich thin and squares - 315 cals
Dinner: hairy dieters sticky chicken, diced sweet potato and beans (picture below) - 745 cals

Between my run and the walking I burnt 333 calories, trying to counteract anything over the next couple of days! Have been checking calories on pizza express website so I think tomorrow if I can stick to my plan will be okay :)

Hope everyone is having a good evening xxx

Hello MaxB :) here to follow:stickdance:and offer any support:)
Well impressed with your exercise, especially your 4K walk with your dog, wow! I am the laziest person in the world! You doing well with your food too, love the hairy bikers recipes. X

Hello MaxB :) here to follow:stickdance:and offer any support:)
Well impressed with your exercise, especially your 4K walk with your dog, wow! I am the laziest person in the world! You doing well with your food too, love the hairy bikers recipes. X
Thanks Tibbs! I find walking with the dog easier than just walking on my own- kind of has a purpose and he has soooooo much energy - 4K is not enough for him really and he is only a small dog!!!

Hey Max, here to sub :) You're doing great so far, & your foods looking lovely. Hope the work trip away goes well x

Thanks little miss!! I love food, which is prob why I am on here!!! Do you have a diary? I can look at members only ones just yet because I don't have enough posts- think I need 50 and am on about 30!

So the trip away was good but small food disaster relating to the evening meal... was good all day, despite being late so having to grab snacks for the journey rather than having time to make lunch. Belvita chocolate breakfast biscuits for breakfast (amazing btw and 200ish cals for all 4, can recommend for a sweet breakfast on the go), lunch was a Waitrose chicken salad sandwich on sundried tomato bread (303 cals), again very nice and can recommend. So all good and then the pizza express binge came...

Dough balls sharer to start, Americana leggera pizza and half a portion of polenta fries, mini brownie for dessert and one glass of Prosecco. Oh and a britvic 55 thing in the pub beforehand. Was lovely but at no point did my brain say "hello, we are on a diet, stop eating!!!"

So finished the day on almost 2000 calories which is not the worst but still 800 over target!!

Today got straight back on it, breakfast was out but went for avocado, tomato and poached egg on a small ciabatta. No extra butter or oil used so was very nice and around 300 cals.

Lunch was out again but went for 6inch teriyaki chicken sub with some low fat mayo (380 cals)

Dinner was small jacket and baked beans (328), no butter or cheese as no calories remaining owing to two cups of tea, small piece of the flat tobeloerone, half a bag of French fries and one breakfast biscuit (162). Finished the day on 1198.

I am hoping I will stay the same this week and not gain now. I don't think I will lose anything as that is too bad meals in a week. Also husband is waiting to hear about a promotion and said if he hears this week we have to have a nice meal to celebrate.... I can't really get out of that but know I will be disappointed about not losing weight.... that sounds really awful - I would love to celebrate just wish it wasn't on a week when I already binged twice!! Am trying convince him a hairy dieters curry is a good idea!

Yeah I do have a diary but it's in the members section.

In my book your pizza express 'binge' was very restrained. I would never be able to order a leggera pizza - has to be a big full fat one all the way! Usually with at least half a bottle of wine to wash it down. And I wonder why I need to diet....

Good luck for your husbands promotion! If he gets it maybe you could suggest hairy bikers curry on the day & then a celebratory meal out the following week? x

Husband got the job :) :)

Amazing news and I have agreed to an Asda pizza for dinner as felt bad not celebrating! I love pizza as you can probably tell!!!

This will be my third bad meal this week so am contemplating not weighing in on Saturday as I don't want to feel disheartened but it is my own fault!! I def have not lost any weight (feel huge) and may have even gained! I will be back on it properly tomorrow!

Also very exciting is that I am nearly at 50 posts so should be able to read member diaries! :)

Back