The finding of excuses and owning up to them and overcoming them

I was my own worst enemy, I blamed everything and everyone else for my weight gain, from my genetics to bad advice from weight loss experts.
Until I realised it was all my fault and took responsibility for my weight gain.
Nobody forced me to eat bad foods or not get moving, it was not my parents fault, when I moved out I was 60 kgs and 18 months later I was 80 kgs when it reached the 2 year mark I got to my heaviest weight of 90kgs and it was all my fault and I stayed that way for years convincing myself that I was happy, but I wasn’t.

It has now taken the last 2 years for me to get from 90kgs to my current weight of 78 kgs I’m doing it slowly but looking forward to getting down to 60 kgs again in the near future. What I’m most happy about is my belly measurements around my belly button and waist measurement, it has gone from 103 cm to 84 cm and still going.
Good food and getting moving was important but the mindset and admitting i was at fault and I and the only one that could do something. It was more important to me than starting and sticking to a plan, if you don’t have the right mindset may as well not bother.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or revelation thinking back about what made them gain weight and what they are now doing to correct it?

It took me years to realise that I really do have a food addiction - binge eating - and getting the right mind set from there to combat it.

Realising this has helped me stay on plan, and if i fall off, I'm getting straight back on which didn't happen before!

I think admitting a problem is half the battle congrats on admitting the problem you have with binge eating it takes a lot of courage to admit that.
Hope you are doing better in your quest to lose weight in a healthy and safe way you have done so well already 👍

Thanks Illumination, half my problem is that I work in a food charity (I know, crazy right :)) and there's so much stuff that gets thrown out if staff and volunteers don't take it - so my wobbles come from taking cr&p home that I'd never normally buy! I just find it so difficult not to take it - and that's the binge thing - plus I hate seeing food wasted. I was giving it all to my neighbour but she and her OH are now on a diet!

Lol I know how you feel every Tuesday my work holds a morning tea with multiple different slices they are absolutely tasty they always get too much of them proceed to say it won’t do any harm to have one lol like I could stop at one. 🤨one is never enough I sware it is like Tim tams or Pringle’s you eat one and got to eat them all.
I been taking healthy fruit salad to work instead and homemade lunches to try and stop it so far working 90% of the time

Hi there
I’d say I really started to get on top of my weight gain once I’d got my mind set sorted. There has been bumps along the way but generally I feel I have a better relationship with food, I do get it wrong but i keep plugging away. Youve got great results and looks like you ll be getting to goal with the ability to stay there x

Great sharing 👍, it is about consistency and there will be bumps and wrong turns along the way, like me lately it has got a bit crazy at work and I find myself looking for sweets lol so I decided to take the time to work out a new workout program (still need final tweaks) and I decided to find a cardio thing to do to help with my weightloss so getting back into swimming.
This is my current step count this week

Attachments

• EF0BD3DD-63B6-436A-A9ED-B594A36055FC.png
    EF0BD3DD-63B6-436A-A9ED-B594A36055FC.png
    293.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi little miss naughty, great to see you here hope your continuing to do well on your weightloss 🙂 I’m currently on the Mediterranean diet which is higher protein, lower saturated fats and higher unsaturated omega rich fats. I got a DNA test from the chemist to send off and was told it is the best diet for me in the long term that I will stick to because it easy to stick to cause the food is delicious with lots of veggies. This is my progress so far. 😊 so happy that it is moving forward instead of stalling cause that is so frustrating

Attachments

• 7E6961DA-BCD7-4507-955B-EC9EE7DEFB7C.png
    7E6961DA-BCD7-4507-955B-EC9EE7DEFB7C.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 11
  • B038A777-92CC-48C9-8F14-31F5C811CB94.png
    B038A777-92CC-48C9-8F14-31F5C811CB94.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 11
Back