The Four Stone Festival Shindig

So, this is my diary and quite frankly I should have started it AGES ago. What's prompted this time is the fact that I've just come out of a naff few weeks and appear to be getting back on track. I'm hoping that keeping this thing as a thread to vent my happiness, frustration or whatever else Slimming World does to me, might keep me on the straight an narrow for the last part of my journey.

I've been lucky enough to have my wonderful boyfriend plodding through this journey with me (who himself has lost almost five stone in six months) and without him I'd have probably given up on myself ages ago! Together, we've kept each other on the straight and narrow, provide each other with support in the bad times and someone to celebrate with in the good times. We've been together just over 18 months now and hadn't been living together long when we started our journey - but now six months in, what we've lost in weight we have gained in confidence and it has made us, as a couple, a lot stronger and a lot happier.

Advocacy for Couple Slimming aside, I had tried Slimming World before (Wes, my boyfriend, hadn't) but I HATED my Consultant, the snotty cow, so after a stone and a half I quit. This time, it's for good and my wonderful Consultant, Katie is a godsend with her unwittingly well-timed text messages.

The goal? Hasn't officially been set yet - it was initially three stone by my birthday (which is May 3rd) and I'm very, very nearly there.

The next goal after that is Download Festival in the middle of June, where I want to go and not be part of Camp Fatty! Four stone in total may well do it for me, but I doubt I'll be there by June 15th. So I'll take just not feel like a frumpy bugger when the time comes!

This week, inexplicably (after a weekend that consisted of a Chinese Meal, quite a bit of gin and half a tub of ice cream) I lost three and a half pounds. I haven't done that in months - so not sure where it's come from and I'm fretting that it won't stay off.

So this week, to ensure at least a maintain (although another loss to ensure three stone before D-Day would be wonderful) I'm on Success Express and so far, it's okay. It's not exciting, but it's okay.

We'll see on Tuesday when I step on those scales again! Keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me! x

Is there such a thing as trying TOO hard?

I'm having a shitty day (excuse my language, but there is no other word for it) and I've made it even more naff for myself by putting myself through my idea of food hell. I'm aware I don't have to, but I'm so determined now that I'm not going to put on a single ounce between now and my birthday that I'm possibly trying too hard? By that, I mean bugger all syns and more superfree foods than I even knew existed.

I'm on lunch at work with rabbit food waiting for me in the fridge and I just can't bear the thought of munching through it. URGH.

HOWEVER whilst I may rant and rave about how rubbish my dinner is (and it's all my own fault) I jumped on the scales this morning as I always do, and the reason I'm doing this to myself was staring me right back in the face in the form of 10.8 on my less than forgiving scales. It's hard not to get excited, but it isn't "Slimming World Official" so I can't count it as a victory yet... but still. AWESOME. So to make sure that I'm not disappointed come Tuesday, the regime is carrying on.

I guess in a way, I like to feel like I'm on a diet... like I'm making sacrifices to lose the weight, otherwise I fear I won't appreciate it as much when I finally get to my target (whenever the hell I figure out what that is) and just weave back into my old ways. So far, the restrictive approach (with a few minor exceptions) has worked - but this week has been one of the toughest; but I hope it'll be the most rewarding.

Now if only it'll make this salad taste any better...Wishful thinking, no doubt. x

Starting to see the end!

So I'm back after the weekend - I've had a bit of a nightmare the last seven days, in work for ten hours a day and a weekend at my University Post-Grad Course (I'm training to be a Solicitor) so keeping on my success express mega plan was hard. Especially seeing all the yummy stuff everyone else was chowing down on while I was munching a disappointing fruit salad (don't get me wrong, fruit salad is normally awesome - just that time it wasn't).

I did it though - fought through the urge to have something naughty last night and I'm here, the day before weigh in, presently guilt free.

The serial weigher in me (I can't help but weigh myself every morning - it's a habit I have to stop, but for now, it's there) is a bit miffed off, when really I shouldn't be. Hopping on the scales this morning, I was 10 stone 6 and 3/4 - which is awesome if that's what I am tomorrow... But 3/4? Come on scales, give me the benefit of the doubt would you?

I've also just started on a new contraceptive pill, and I think it's buggered my progress a little (I'm aware that may be a bit too much info! Sorry!) but has anyone else found that? Got any tips on counteracting the inevitable side effect on this one?

Today, me and the OH are treating ourselves to what we call a "syn-free blowout". I'm not sure the day before weight in is the day to do it (it's his birthday on Wednesday, and we're off out over the weekend for it) but I'm going to try and just be sensible.

I've whacked it into myfitnesspal and it seems to be under my calorie budget of 1260 per day, which is great.

I'm hoping that the scales are kind to me tomorrow night - I'm not wanting to get overconfident of hitting the magical three stone mark yet, but if it does, it'll top off an otherwise relatively shitty and exhausting week.

However, when recovered (i.e. next week) I'm starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred programme. The OH is starting to run but I can't think of anything more boring so I'm opting to stay indoors and try this out. I've heard rave reviews. Anyone ever done it or know anyone who has? Is it any good or is it a waste of time? x

My scales without fail will always give me 3/4 or 1/4, i took to ignoring them and rounding to the nearest half since SW online doesn't accept quarters. When I was on the pill i struggled a little more than when i'm off but hey i didn't get on with the pill AT ALL, so it was just one more side effect I got from it. I have been told taking B6 vitamins can help but dunno if its true.

Back