The Hairy dieters and Slimming World

tealover12

Hello

had 2 Hairy dieters books bought for my birthday - I did request them, it wasn't a subtle hint lol!!

Just hovering about how best to utlise them.......how well do they fit in with SW? Can anyone advise please?

thank you

My boyfriend loves the hairy dieters books. I'm doing slimming world though. Basically you just have to adapt the recipes so they don't include fat etc. ie don't use oil use fry light instead. Use smash powder as a thickener instead of cornflour. Or syn the non free ingredients. Xx

thank you! Can't wait to start them, there are some lovely recipes!

Good luck with SW!
x

I have added these books to my wish list as the recipes seem to be fab!!

I made the cassoulet this week (got the recipe off the BBC website) and it was so delicious! I made it exactly as the recipe stated (only difference was swapping the 85% sausages to the tesco light choices at 0.5 syns each) and it made sooooo much. It said it served 6 so I worked it out at 2 syns per portion. Realistically though it could serve way more people than that - there were soooo many!!

Could have made it even lower if I'd left out the red wine, sugar, oil etc...

What recipes have you tried? How are you finding it? I might be tempted to buy it asap! xx

Hello
I made the cottage pie last night for my carry out for work for the next few nights. It looks and smells delicious, and I think would be perfect for EE, just having to syn the half fat creme fraiche......150mls divided by 6 portions........should be fairly low!

It will take an eternity to get through them all there are so many mouth watering recipes!!
x

I wouldn't bother using creme fraiche, in mash fromage frais will do just as well, or, as I did this evening, chicken stock! Then it could be free and just as delicious.
Liz
X

There are some "Hairy Bikers" SW modified recipes on my recipe pages,pork schnitzel, chicken cordon bleu, spicy pork.

Back