The happy thoughts thread.

JezVonSavage

Lost in the Supermarket
I have just returned from watching The Woman in Black and it's freaked the bejeesus out of me. I was well prepared as i've read the book AND worked on the play but hell, i've got terrible images embossed into my eyelids.

Currently thinking of raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright coloured petals and Brad Pitt in mittens.....

Halp?

Is Brad wearing anything else? I may need therapy!

Today I'm looking forward to ....getting home having a nap and then a dive into some Chick Lit!

Disclaimer: I am not an airhead I read the classics, my favourite authors are Anthony Trollope and Thomas Hardy, with a snidge of Jane Austen.
But sometimes the brain needs fluff to make it comfortable!

No just the mittens!!

I managed to get to sleep eventually, although I must have tossed and turned all night coz I woke up with troll hair- it seemed the WiB was in my room backcombing it for me!

Chick lit is acceptable, although I have to admit to being a bit of a literary snob. I'd go mad if I didn't read the occasional bit of fluff though: brain might implode.

I too like to alternate classics with lighter stuff. Just finished the latest David Baldacci, which was very good indeed.

And I am half way through the last of Trollope's Barchester novels which I got as a freebie for my Kindle. I think I must have read them ages ago, but had forgotten most of it. Takes a while to get used to his style of writing, but worth the effort. And it takes me off into another world.

AnnaFaraday said:
I too like to alternate classics with lighter stuff. Just finished the latest David Baldacci, which was very good indeed.

And I am half way through the last of Trollope's Barchester novels which I got as a freebie for my Kindle. I think I must have read them ages ago, but had forgotten most of it. Takes a while to get used to his style of writing, but worth the effort. And it takes me off into another world.

Barchester Towers is my favourite! Love Mrs Proudie, and Obadiah Slope! Trollope very funny actually!

I'll join you in the "bit of both" camp.

I'm not so wild about Trollope - although I think it was possibly only my mother loving him so much that put me off! So maybe I should try him again. And I love Jane Austen.

But also Jill Mansell! (and other chick lit - but she's the best.)

AND - I've just found out I've been approved to be a "Giver" for World Book Night. So I can introduce 25 people to a good book!

Back