The In Betweeners! (Food talk highly likely!)

Jayne33

Fighting for My Health
Warning: This thread will likely contain lots of food talk!

Okay, so as there seems to be a few of us who are at that in between stage of not having completely finished their weight loss journey, and plan to return to TFR in the New Year, I thought I'd start a little chat thread where we can all keep in touch, keep an eye on our weight to ensure we don't totally lose control over the coming month, and then motivate each other into the New Year :)

xx

I'm here!!! lol.. Like a bad smell x x

I don't know if you are the same but i am not a good cook, nor am i very experimental... Before i started LT a lot of what i cooked was ready meals.. I don't want that to continue but have no idea of easy, quick and healthy food... I suppose once we have all had salmonella a few times, and a touch of food poisoning i should get the hang of it!! lol

LMAO! Let's try and avoid the salmonella and food poisoning shall we. Might get a few more lb off though! :D

I'm not to bad at cooking, but by no means good. Maybe those of us who are - Sandra :) - could add a few simple recipes for us to try? :)

I can make basic and simple dishes like spag bol, lasagne, roast dinner, etc. Can't bake to save my life!

For now, on the most part, I'm going to be trying to stick to simple meals like fish or chicken with veg, baked potatoes with suitably healthy toppings, salads, etc. Very basic, but healthy eating. Porridge for breakfast most days I think, and fruit or natural yoghurts with a small drizzle of honey as snacks. Don't get me wrong, there is going to be some naught stuff creeping in too, but I'm going to do my best to limit it.

Today I had:

Breakfast: Porridge made with skimmed milk
Lunch: Sushi from M&S and some salad
Tea: Skinless chicken breast diced up and cooked with half a jar of Weight Watchers tika masala sauce, and then put on top of a small portion of brown rice (yum!)
I also ate some fruit throughout the day.
Oh, and I just had a pack of fingers mini breaks (100 cals a pack approx) and a small glass of wine! mmmmmm :)

I'm trying to count cals as I go and also write down everything I eat.

xx

i think this thread is a great idea,i will def be using it over the next few weeks around christmas..dont want to be putting any weight on whatsoever!!!..i think food diaries are a great idea too so i must remember to write some of those...

as for the easy recipes i too always just had ready meals but my dad is a great cook so i learnt alot from him! im sure theres los of good easy recipes kicking about the place,,,must have a nosy and see what we can find :) xx

Hiya Pudge :) Don't think we've 'chatted' before (I've been AWOL :-/ ). Looking forward to getting to know you :) xx

A stirfry is always good and handy. Also i make big batches of 0 point weight watchers soup as they r a really hearty meal and r great for the freezer. I always keep my freezer stocked with home made ready meals so that im not cought out on the days i dont want to cook. And its just as easy to make big batches and freeze when i am cooking. I know if i dont have stuff prepared then im more likely to eat badly.

U will get great ideas and reciepys on the weightwatchers websites ( the uk and irish ones hav differant ones so worth checking them both out) the WW soup reciepys r all really tasty and really healithy as well as filling.

I also make my own pasta sauce with sainsburys tinned tomatos and add garlic and herbs, much cheaper and better for u than dolmeo r d like and just as quick to make.

Veg stews and cassaroles with meat of your choice r great cos all d veg fills u up and in this weather i think theyre extra nice.

A homemade chicken curry is much less fatty than a takeaway and can be just as nice.

Adding oyster or teriaki sauce to stirfrys livens them up and changes the flavour greatly without adding the lbs.

Home made chips made of potato, sweet potato or butternut squash r great, spray with some 1kcal spray, add salt/ pepper/ herbs , put on a baking try and bake turning half way through. Yum!!! A real treat for me.

I cant wait to here peoples reciepys and ideas. Great post!!!

I make low gi granola and gave it with fat free yogurt, sometimes as breakfast or snack...

I also make... Wait for it.... Low fat, low gi, low sugar, low fat blueberry muffins of which the recipe and instructions are on the refeed section.

I feel guilty having snacks, but on low gi they say have three meals and three snacks to keep your blood sugar level... I have never reached three snacks lol

I'm staying on LT during the day for the forseeable future... and then eating a healthy, low carb, low fat dinner and if I need a treat or a glass of wine, it will be after work.

Guzzling non stop during the day while I'm at work is my massive downfall. If I can be nil by mouth at work other than black coffee, 2 litres of water and a LT shake, I'll be fine. And so far so good.

Going to stick to LT as long as I can then I will stick to two shakes and have one meal and have little carbs. I find it really hard to get back on track.

I am trying to follow the refeed, but i don't get time to eat!! I must get into the habit though because that's where the "snacking" comes in..
Yesterday i had a shake for breakfast, no lunch (BAD!) and a cod fillet with cabbage and broccoli for dinner.. It was lovely having hot food again!!
I also had 1 cup of tea and 1 cup of coffee, with 1 cube of sugar in each ( I did try without but i couldn't drink it, and sweetener leaves me with an aftertaste so that's a no-no too)..

Today i have just had my shake (12.15 pm!!!) so again won't fit in lunch, and tonight i am planning a chicken salad.. Do you think it will be ok to make it a large one as i have missed lunch?? Normally i think i will be able to fit in 3 meals but things are hectic here at the moment with the weather, hospital appts with my mum, and Xmas too. And because i have to have slush i have to allow a couple of hours to freeze my water for my 1st shake.

I was originally going to refeed a week before christmas but I'm so tempted to do it from next thursday instead. I'm getting restless. What should I do?

I was originally going to refeed a week before christmas but I'm so tempted to do it from next thursday instead. I'm getting restless. What should I do?

If you can hang it out and stick with it hun, then do it.. I was exactly the same as you-i just knew i had had enough and i would have messed up completely if i hadn't started to refeed....
Ultimately it is your choice, but if you really think you need (as opposed to want) to refeed, then go for the refeed.. We will all still be here to support you, whatever you decide x x

I'll see how I go, but then it's just so tempting to say I have one week til refeed rather than two but we'll see. How are you doing Su? All good today?

xx

Not too bad thanks hun.. I had no lunch (again) but a big chicken salad tonight... I am making chicken kebabs in pitta bread for everyone tomorrow so that should be interesting!! lol

I hope you feel comfortable with whatever decision you make hun.. I am sure you will be fine x x

Thanks hun! Mmmm chicken kebabs! LOL! When I was pregnant, I used to go to the kebab shop and buy a box of chillis that you'd get with the kebab for £1. At first the guys in there thought i was mad but soon started laughing when I explained I was pregnant and craved them more than chocolate.

Lovely to see so many posts in here this evening :) Some great recipe ideas too :)

Su - Just make sure you're getting enough nutrition through the day, either from your shakes or solid food. You need your vitamins and calcium, etc. hun - diet or no diet ;) xx Looking at what you have been eating (if you haven't had anything you've not listed), then I wouldn't be surprised if you've not popped back into ketosis. Are you feeling hungry at all? I bet you lose weight this week and this refeed will have been the most sensible decision for you.

Abbie - Hard for me to advise, seeing as I've handled this phase of the diet quite badly! I think Su has a point though in not going far beyond when you know you're done with TFR as that can lead to a big blow out. See how you go hun. One day at a time :)

Well, I've been very good today. Went to the gym this morning and did body attack (aerobics) class followed by a weights class. Had nothing breakfast time as first class started 9.30 am and I just can't jump around on a tummy with food in. Get stitch really quickly if I do. Got home about 11.30 am and had porridge, then chicken and salad for lunch and M&S sushi and salad for tea. Small glass of sherry this evening! :)

Am meeting my friend tomorrow evening, and we're going to have food! Social eating again - yay! :) We are meeting at David Lloyd though (my gym), so will most definitely be making a healthy choice off the menu, and no alcohol as will be driving.

xx

Hey girls, I'll be here in a few weeks, this is a great idea Jayne.

Su, do you eat fruit at all? It's just I always think it's good to get the metabolism working first thing in the morning, that way we lose more lbs. Maybe, if you do like fruit, you could mix up a small fruit salad and have it in the fridge so you can have a quick bowl of it first thing and then the shake for lunch? Alternatively, maybe have a breakfast bar or something?

Anyway, I'll add a few recipes here tomorrow maybe, I have a few nice, easy ones xxx

Hey girls, I'll be here in a few weeks, this is a great idea Jayne.

Su, do you eat fruit at all? It's just I always think it's good to get the metabolism working first thing in the morning, that way we lose more lbs. Maybe, if you do like fruit, you could mix up a small fruit salad and have it in the fridge so you can have a quick bowl of it first thing and then the shake for lunch? Alternatively, maybe have a breakfast bar or something?

Anyway, I'll add a few recipes here tomorrow maybe, I have a few nice, easy ones xxx

I would really appreciate that Ella... Thank you...
Yesterday was a BAD day... I had my shake, a tiny jacket potato for lunch (plain), and 1 chicken kebab for dinner (home made with wholemeal pitta, chicken and salad, and a tiny dollop of tom sauce).. I was soooooooooooo proud of myself, then i had 2 packets of cheese and onion hula hoops, and 2 chunky kitkats!! :(

This eating lark is not good!!! I want TFR again!! lol x x

I am not in a position to spk as I don't think refeed will be crossing my path in a while...but I have been reading the posts to give me some idea of what it's gonna be like....Su hope it's just a one off.....it is possible to go back to two shakes if you feel you are slipping...just a thought...not sure if it is the right thing for you.:eek: I know you are sensible and will go for Damage Limitation......all that hard work and being consistant on TFR shouldn't be forgotten!:p

Cheeky chilli-pepper chutney recipe | Sauce recipes & side dishes | Jamie Oliver recipe

Someone asked for the recipe for the chutney I made yesterday. It's a Jamie Oliver one but I won't pretend it's not time consuming. It's easy to make but does take a long time. It's good to bottle up and give as presents though..and cheap. When eating you will only need a tiny bit of it as it is strong, it's great spread on krisprolls(do you have those in the UK - they're a swedish brand and really tasty) with some philli or lf fromage frais, or nice toasted wm bread. I also, to be honest, will probably use it with everything, on a jacket potato with a little cottage cheese, with a salad, with steamed veg, in a gravy...with anything really.

xxx

Back