The In Laws!

skinnyminnycow

Half a pound at a time.
My Boyfriend lives 160 miles north of Manchester in Northumberland. I am visiting this weekend. His mum is a naturally slim lady (who eats heartily and drinks a lot of Gin - luckily she has an active job!) She sees "diets" as silly and you can just eat healthily. Which is great! But her "healthy" is lots of olive oil in cooking etc and a "few glasses of red wne" - although Olive Oil is healthy is still syn laden! I am genuinely nervous about going up and what foods I will be eating. I am hoping my boyfriend has drilled it home to her how important the weight loss is for me....

Wish me luck!

If he hasn't drilled it home to her you should get in touch with him now and tell him to start! haha. There is nothing worse than going to your partners parents for food because once you are there it is so hard to say no to the food or to tell them you are on a diet. That's why it's always better if the son/daughter tells the parents before you get there. It saves you any embarrassments and hassles of having to be polite just to keep them happy and it saves them getting offended if you turn round and don't eat it all.

Good luck!

I live in Northumberland in a little town called Hexham :) my bf's family are Greek and every time we visit them in London I have the same issue. They use olive oil in everything and eat so much bread and dips and yaiyai (nan) cooks all sorts of pastries it's awful, just be strong and tell her your sticking to ur diet. Good luck xxx

I live in Northumberland in a little town called Hexham :) my bf's family are Greek and every time we visit them in London I have the same issue. They use olive oil in everything and eat so much bread and dips and yaiyai (nan) cooks all sorts of pastries it's awful, just be strong and tell her your sticking to ur diet. Good luck xxx

I am going to Kielder, not too far from you! I think we might actually be stopping in Hexham so I will stock up at the supermarket! :) xx

tell them a little white lie that you cant eat fat/oil for health reasons

In fact thats not even a lie!!!

Maybe tell them you've had some stoach problems since the last time you were there and your GP has adv not too each too much fats / oils. Maybe get your bf to tell them as well!

Oh gees kielder is in the sticks, beautiful tho you should be able to burn off anything eaten on them wonderful walks. Stop off at Tesco in Hexham an bring ur own healthy food with you lol xxx

Lol I just "walked past" Hexham on my Body Magic Challenge! Trying to do enough walking this month to complete the Hadrian's Wall challenge in 24 hours :)

Any chance you could offer to help with the cooking? Or fib and say you're on orlistat and if you have oil it will give you the runs :eek:

Back