The journey to fat freedom continues... 7 weeks fast track

bettiesrevenge

Gold Member
Hi there, I'm Natalie a CWP revert. I have come back into the fold to my saving grace CWP.

So I don't bore people to death . I'm sure you can guess, I've done this before...the first time, I lost 4.5 stone in 12 weeks in 2007 and got down to my goal weight of 9st 7lbs and maintained for a year... at which point I promptly got knocked up (which is no mean feat with duff ovaries)and of course being pregnant gave me the perfect excuse to eat lots and lots of cake. I was a woman possessed with sugary goodness, I could skip entire meals but eat a jumbo swiss roll in one sitting. Pregnancy did strange things, honestly.

Even 12 months of breast feeding didn't chunk down the 2 stone I gained; yes , midwives tell you that it helps you lose weight but with a hungry boob obsessed baby, it just made me exhausted, in fact, I just kept growing. Following an unflattering new years eve picture, which was like shamoo in a frock in 2010, I decided enough was enough and I was coming back AGAIN and lost a conservative 3 stone between March and August. Then...well I lost the plot. Life got in the way; stress problems, sleep problems, husband problems, house problems, work problems. I've had them all. But honestly, the only problem I've got that Ive not been able to solve is my FAT problem....Well fat,I have a message for you.. you have taken residence here for far too long and now you have to go...

Today is the first day of the last stint of a VCLD I plan to do. I'm not going to lie. I already feel like gorging myself stupid. But I'm not going to. Im reading some diaries instead. Looks like a lot of inspiring people out there. 12 weeks, its not long at all. I can shift a lot in 12 weeks. So here goes....

Last edited:
Re: The journey to fat freedom continues...

You can, you know you can :) 12 weeks will easily shift a few stone and you will feel so much better for it!

Keep strong xxx

Thanks caz!

First curveball. This has to be some kind of record. Row with DH over something insignificant. Well actually it was significant... it was about a visit home to see his family in august. Which is fine but it's 6 weeks time and they are fattists, it's a cultural thing. Turkish village ladies are big but in the city women are quite groomed and Pettit. So naturally I was freaking out trying to get him to agree for September. Resulting in a very frustrated feeling as he stomps off out. Grrrr. Men.

I know that eating won't solve anything but I'm just so angry!

I just realised, that this is a bit of a feature of mine. I can't eat, so I get testy and snappy and well, not very nice. I say things in the heat of the moment then get all maudlin about them. Yak, OH has just got a new phone today and I dont even have the number yet. So I can't call him to apologise. Bad wifey. :(

Now keeping myself busy with The Walking Dead season 3 start on channel 5. I so LURVE the walking dead.

Well good morning day 2.

I kind of think I underestimated how easy this would be. It's surprising how strong my inner saboteur is. I've got to congratulate myself that I have not yet caved in. This has to be a good thing right? One shake and two peppermint teas down but definitely feeling hungry. I'm not sure if it's head hunger though since my spat with the beloved didn't get resolved and I just want to turn to my established coping mechanisms, which are avoidance and numbing with food... Time to go back and read some geneen Roth I think!

On the plus side my kitchen is getting a good scrub and I've caught up on chores from last week which was a bit of an odd week as far as it goes!

Ooh I'm going to enjoy this diary I can tell! Some similarities to my story - I don't have children but I can totally relate to the 'fat problem' on top of all other problems! I find that when I'm thinner and happier I am happier with my fiance and friends....less likely to nag!

I've done this before and lost 3 stone....I'm back to lose another 3! Got my wedding next december so want to lose the weight now so I can then work on maintaining before the big day!

I'm on day 1 today!

Hi! :waves:

Nice to have a companion. Its a feature of my struggle. I'm really a nice person (honest!) just living with a person who is impulsive and lacks any forethought or negotiation skills is a chore sometimes. Don't get my wrong I love my DH to bits but sometimes he just gets my goat!

So how much have you got to lose?

Re: The journey to fat freedom continues...

I'm still here too lol, though ofw plan for a few more weeks sadly. Following the hospital food diet instead! Once I do finally get released I have another 4 1/2 stone+ to shift. Argh! But hoping a decent week one loss with give me a real boost! I will be at or under target before Christmas!

The way you are going on and how they are starving you in that hospital you are going to leave looking like Kate moss!

I have about 3 and half stone to lose......I remember from last time how quickly it seemed to go after the first two weeks but I'm desperate for the time to go and to be in ketosis already :( I'm so impatient! Trying to get OH to book hols to Dubai in Oct as an incentive to lose the weight!

Yeah, I am the same. Just want week one over then it's easier. I've got 4.5 stone to lose AGAIN. Seems quite daunting to be honest. Just going totally cold turkey for 12 weeks seems immense. But we both know the results speak for themselves.

One thing is for sure I don't think I enjoyed all the food I must have eaten to pack this on in a year. I think stress played a huge part. I need to find a better outlet for that. I'm thinking swimming will help.

Reading about " fat and ugly attacks" and it's making me laugh...my usual response to feeling fat and ugly is to eat more...how perverse is that?

Yuck. Feeling the fluey carb withdrawal. No amount of water seems to be easing it. I literally have face ache and feel like I could sobb my heart out!

Still at least it's signs that my glycogen is getting lower.

The journey to fat freedom continues...

Hi Nat :)

I'm glad everything clicked in place for you and you're giving CWP another shot. The same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago.

I'm going on a cruise in a couple of weeks time and back in march when I had 16 weeks to go I embarked on a healthy eating plan. I was eating "clean" and doing heavy weight lifting with a trainer 3 times a week but the weight or inches were just not shifting :-( I started a photo diary because I didn't want to focus on the scales but from week to week I could see NO change.

Anyway when I had 5 weeks to go I said faff this I'm going back to CWP. To say I was desperate would be an under statement. I got my head in gear and I'm pleased to say I've lost 19lbs already :D and well on my way to looking half decent. I'm not bikini ready but some well made swimsuits means that I won't gross everyone out on the beach!!

Hang in there girl. The first few days are a nightmare but then it will be plain sailing. You've got plenty of time to make a huge dent on the blub before you go away ;-)

The journey to fat freedom continues...

Just one extra tip I picked up which has helped loads is to drink at least 4 litres of water a day.

It's hard I know and I struggled for a couple of days but I've found that I'm losing more than last time. I use MFP and try and drink 500ml every 2 hours. Give it a try.

Synchronicity! Ha, great minds think alike. Have you looked at the dual dynamics YouTube channel? I think that's what tipped me over the edge. I don't know if anyone here is their client but I think they were CWP consultants of the year. The YouTube channel just has loads of transformations. My favourite one was this women who lost so much weight she went to carnival in a full Trinidad style costume. Well, it was a blue hanky and some glitter, but she was mind-blowing.

Where are you off on your cruise?

I think that's a good tip. I'm defo under hydrated. Chugged 2lts today so far and peeing like a toddler at a pool party, but it's true what they say, the more you drink the more you shrink.

Good tip! I've not had nearly enough water today so am trying to chug it back this evening!

I'm starting to really flag and it's only 5.15. I'm strangely hot. Not sure if it's the weather or what. But clammy top lip situation. Gr-eat.

Mind you I did just plant up some petunias so maybe that's why. God if that's the current level of my cardiovascular fitness I'm in hella trouble.

I'm going to have some more water and have my shake about 7pm otherwise I will wake up ravenous. See... Its all about the planning.

I'm going to try and wait until 7pm to have my final shake too. OH is away for the night now so I am watching crap tv (that he hates!) and may have a bath and relax, ready for work tomorrow. Met a friend for coffee this afternoon and she is really supportive of me doing this and gaining my confidence back, so thats really positive!

Lawrence from dual dynamics is my CWPC's sponsor. She lost loads with him and even featured in a glossy magazine (cant remember the name) in her bikini. She even did runway modelling for the CWP awards and she's kept the weight off for years.

He photos and video blogs all his clients - check him out on Instagram. I guess only those that succeed ends up on You Tube but when I'm feeling weak or down I watch his clients over and over :D.

I know the one you mean in the carnival costume. My sister couldn't believe it when I showed her. Mind you she was a young girl so clearly her skin snapped back. Lucky thing!!

My sister and I are cruising the Caribbean for her 50th birthday. I'm well excited as I've never done a large cruise before. I'm a bit anxious about being out in the water but I'm told its so huge I won't feel a thing. I've done a mini cruise which I can only describe as like being in a dinghy and I was sick the whole time :-( We're spending a week cruising and a week in Miami beach.

Less than 3 weeks to go and 9lbs more to lose.

Last edited:
Back