The joy of public transport

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Seaneen, 4 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Seaneen

Seaneen Short and pink

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(33.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hurrah, today when I was getting off the bus, a guy stepped in my way, leading to the "go ahead" dance. As his foot hit the asphalt, he murmured, "Fat *****".

I didn't do what I wanted to, which was to jump on his back and crack him over the head with one of my Fat ***** fists. Still, what a dick.

I hate the way people think it's alright to be horrible about someone's weight. It's the last acceptable putdown. Over the years I've had tons of strangers think it's alright to comment on my weight when I in fact didn't ask for their opinion. Usually it's pissed up blokes in bars, but even "friendly" people do it. Y'know, the whole, "You've got a pretty face...." routine.

Grrr.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

the guy is a moron but I know what you mean - it is difficult not to let comments like that affect you.

at least you don't have his personality and at least you are doing something to help yourself. People just have no understanding of what is going on with overweight people, most just think we are lazy, indulgent people that just need to stop eating so much and do some exercise. Not much we can do to change their minds. All we can do is change ourselves - because we want to, not because of their opinions

4. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    agree with dancing, he is a moron, and he will still be a moron when you have lost your weight and reached your goal.

grrrrr would have probably hit him though. dont know how you restrained yourself.

dont let this jerk spoil your diet though. you are doing really well

5. Seaneen

Seaneen Short and pink

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(33.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    He hasn't spoilt anything, he's obviously a twat. But I just wonder, how many of us have these putdowns and taunts in our heads from over the years? It's just not fair.

6. scorpio dawny

scorpio dawny keeps on trying

Start Weight:
    17st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.7lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    perhaps if you had of hit him, it might stop others from being so rude. x

7. FeelingFat

FeelingFat Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to always say "I may be fat but you are ugly. I can diet you need plastic surgery to sort yourself out"! I know it's not right but it used to make me feel better lol.

Don't let the bug*** grind you down!!

Take care

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.